Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2008, 14:30   #21
Malkuth
Defend Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Malkuth Send a message via AIM to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 19 God View Post
I am not saying to make the game anywhere near as advanced as Earth 2025. I am simply saying to look at some of the concepts. That is all. There are alot of good things that can be used to make this game much better, which would not require the game to be near as advanced.

I also am not saying to join Earth 2025 and actually play the game. Just make an account and look at the game, read the rules, take a couple turns, etc.......

I am a big supporter of this GT Army game, and I have 8 years experience with Earth 2025. I will be here to give as much of my suggestions and opinion as Eric wants to listen.
Sounds good. Don't be afraid to say how things work in Earth.. For instance how does the attack system work? What happens when you attack? Diplomacy etc.
Old 09-30-2008, 14:51   #22
Glock 19 God
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Sounds good. Don't be afraid to say how things work in Earth.. For instance how does the attack system work? What happens when you attack? Diplomacy etc.
I am trying to think of where to begin. It is somewhat advanced. There is attack operations with your army and there is spy operations.

Attack Operations:

You attack with a number of your army that you decide. You may have 100,000 soldiers, 50,000 tanks, and 20,000 jets, but you can type in any mix of numbers of each unit on the attack screen. Each unit has its particular benefits to the particular defenses and army of the target country. Also, each unit has a specialty attack that you can use when you use ONLY that unit. For instance, I can go on a bombing run with my jets only which will take out the target country's turrets and factories. I can do an artillery barrage with my tanks only which will take out a substantial portion of their turrets. Etc Etc Etc........

When you attack the enemy the units that you have sent out are inactive and cannot be used for 24 hours. They will be taken out of your total units on your army page and placed into a Brigade with a timer. They will be subtracted from your units during that 24 hours which means if you are attacked the only defenses that are figured into the defense equation are the units that you have NOT used to attack, or AKA the units that are still active.

When you attack you do multiple things to the target country. It is all based on ever-changing equations. They change the equations almost every round of gameplay. The game resets every couple months. You will take a percentage of their total cash, oil, and food bushels. You will destroy a percentage of their turrets, and whatever other military units are active and at home in that country (tanks, jets, and soldiers). You will also destroy a percentage of their buildings.

There are also Weapons of Mass Destruction in the game. There are chemical and nuclear missiles that you produce if you spend turns building research labs and research the appropriate technologies to develop them. A nuclear missile will mainly take out military units and military production buildings. A chemical missile will mainly take out soldiers, citizens, food, and stockpiled food bushels.

All actions with military units require a certain number of oil barrels. Therefore, you cannot attack or defend if you do not have such a stockpile of oil barrels. If someone attacks you, and you do not have enough oil to cover your entire military, the number of units in which you can support are the only ones that are counted into the equation. A person will either have to have the infrastructure to produce oil through building oil fields, or use cash to buy them on the market.

Spy Operations:

There are a multitude of different things you can do with spies that you produce in Earth. You produce spies through a military production building, but you also must research the appropriate technology to create them. There are basic operations and more advanced pre-emptive warfare type operations. There are also operations that you can do that sabotage the economy of the target, but that is not really relevant to the GT Army game.

The general operations include spying on military units. You will find out the number of each unit that the target has in possession. Including being able to see how many are "at home" and how many are inactive away from home in a Brigade that he used to recently attack someone. You can also spy on the number of missiles the target country has which will also allow you to see how much research the target has accumulated and in which categories. As, the number of research effects a number of things greatly in Earth.

The advanced pre-emptive warfare type operations are to be used before you would attack a country with your military units. You can do things like cause dissension in his ranks, which would make a number of his standing army (soldiers) to leave and become citizens. You can defuse his missiles, poison his stockpile of food bushels, burn his oil fields, sabotage his air strips, etc etc etc.

There is sooooo much more to the game. But, I am somewhat sick of typing and I think I have given quite a bit of insight into how it works.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater... confidence than an armed man."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-30-2008, 15:00   #23
Malkuth
Defend Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Malkuth Send a message via AIM to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 19 God View Post
I am trying to think of where to begin. It is

When you attack the enemy the units that you have sent out are inactive and cannot be used for 24 hours. They will be taken out of your total units on your army page and placed into a Brigade with a timer. They will be subtracted from your units during that 24 hours which means if you are attacked the only defenses that are figured into the defense equation are the units that you have NOT used to attack, or AKA the units that are still active.

When you attack you do multiple things to the target country. It is all based on ever-changing equations. They change the equations almost every round of gameplay. The game resets every couple months. You will take a percentage of their total cash, oil, and food bushels. You will destroy a percentage of their turrets, and whatever other military units are active and at home in that country (tanks, jets, and soldiers). You will also destroy a percentage of their buildings.

All actions with military units require a certain number of oil barrels. Therefore, you cannot attack or defend if you do not have such a stockpile of oil barrels. If someone attacks you, and you do not have enough oil to cover your entire military, the number of units in which you can support are the only ones that are counted into the equation.

Spy Operations:

The general operations include spying on military units. You will find out the number of each unit that the target has in possession. Including being able to see how many are "at home" and how many are inactive away from home in a Brigade that he used to recently attack someone. You can also spy on the number of missiles the target country has which will also allow you to see how much research the target has accumulated and in which categories. As, the number of research effects a number of things greatly in Earth.

The advanced pre-emptive warfare type operations are to be used before you would attack a country with your military units. You can do things like cause dissension in his ranks, which would make a number of his standing army (soldiers) to leave and become citizens. You can defuse his missiles, poison his stockpile of food bushels, burn his oil fields, sabotage his air strips, etc etc etc.

There is sooooo much more to the game. But, I am somewhat sick of typing and I think I have given quite a bit of insight into how it works.
I really like the Attack Ideas, I think that could work for the game.. I don't know about using Tanks and planes (maybe if eric likes the idea) but the idea of using a number of soldiers in an attack and having you lose those soldiers for a 24 hour period are great!! I mean that would require you to think about who you are attacking... And if you really should use that many soldiers or not.

Almost certainly something has to change with what we gain in GTarmY when we attack. Taking everyones gold is just stalling the play field and making the game boring to newbies. So I'm almost certain this will change. It has too.

I like the extra use of spies too. Right now it cost you 50 gold just to find out someone only has 3 gold.. LOL.

Good job.