GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 21:05   #26
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
REX, I am not going to be a law enforcement officer. I am 8 months away from being a 2LT in the active Army.

Still stating that I lack abilities to think critically because I am voting for Obama is a cheap shot and wrong on all accounts. So if Obama wins and the majority of America supports Him, are they ignorant and lacking critical thinking skills as well? Pretty big claim if you say it is so.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 21:37   #27
JMag
Senior Member
 
JMag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA:Love it or leave!
Posts: 11,013


If you are undecided at this point you are either not planning to vote anyway, your politically apathetic, or you are just not paying attention to anything that's not going on in your own little world.
__________________
JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Sir Winston Churchill
JMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 21:45   #28
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
REX, I am not going to be a law enforcement officer. I am 8 months away from being a 2LT in the active Army.

Still stating that I lack abilities to think critically because I am voting for Obama is a cheap shot and wrong on all accounts. So if Obama wins and the majority of America supports Him, are they ignorant and lacking critical thinking skills as well? Pretty big claim if you say it is so.
Obama will win if (and that is a very, very hypothetical 'if') he wins the electoral college. The electoral college does not necessarily equate to 'America'. A candidate can lose the popular vote and still win an election based on the electoral college.

I am stating that based on your choosing to support the anti-American Obama, you soil and dishonor your uniform and everything it represents.

If Obama wins I believe we will begin a very frightening shift towards a socialist form of government akin to the type of take-over that Hugo Chavez performed in Venezuela. You, as an ROTC cadet took an oath to defend this nation from all enemies, foreign and domestic. To state that you support Obama is nearly unfathomable.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 21:53   #29
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I am very DECIDED. I'm gladly and proudly voting for Obama. I am sick and tired of the way things have been. End of story.
So you would rather have things WORSE?
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 22:00   #30
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
So if Obama wins and the majority of America supports Him, are they ignorant and lacking critical thinking skills as well? Pretty big claim if you say it is so.
Obama's mantra is basically making Bush as satan, and we hate satan, right? Well, a vote for McCain is a vote for satan, cuz McCain is exactly like Bush...

We are headed for very extremely dangerous times, and I am afraid idiot American voters will put in a candidate with no clear views, and no leadership skills. WITH a muslim name.

The only thing scarier is if the other guy wins, has a stroke, and a hockey-mom runs this country.

Where is Colin Powell and Condalisa Rice when you need them???
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 22:06   #31
Agent6-3/8
Senior Member
 
Agent6-3/8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The ramparts of civilization
Posts: 11,470
The choices this election stink. Politics in general stink. But I'm voting McCain to keep Obama out of office. Liberalism, will be the death of America.


Honestly, though, I sometimes think it doesn't matter who gets elected...
__________________
"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir
Agent6-3/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 22:17   #32
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
I only wish the ticket was Palin/McCain rather than McCain/Palin.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:20   #33
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
So you would rather have things WORSE?
Well, things could get a little worse... If McCain and Obama didnt put aside politics and vote to pass the $700 billion dollar bailout like they did. Hats off to them both.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45   #34
Tilley
Man of Steel
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,160
For many years the world ran on the US dollar. Now the "euro" is fast becoming the world's standard and is destabilizing our economy. We have a great many enemies, and not through our own fault, but because we have higher moral standards. And the funny part is, we are struggling with our own moral standards!

We need a leader who is fair, but not afraid to "pull the trigger." Truman saved millions of lives by using nuclear weapons. Tough decision. Could Palin make this decision...no way. Obama? Very doubtful.

There's much more I could say about this, but then the algae in my pool will win this day, and I know when to "pull the trigger." Sufficed to say, if the Prez race was McCain/Biden vs. Obama/Palin, this race wouldn't even be close. I haven't felt this bad in a Prez race since Clinton beat Bush.

Each party this time around has some major issues. BUT, I still think given the problems we face dealing with a very dangerous world, McCain is the lesser of two evils.
Tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:31   #35
Minuteman
Jeff Gannon???
 
Minuteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: White House Press Room
Posts: 9,506
I have decided; "None of the Above"
__________________
"The Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions...A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed" - Constitution for the U.S.A.
Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:32   #36
Minuteman
Jeff Gannon???
 
Minuteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: White House Press Room
Posts: 9,506
A vote for mccain is a vote for Amnesty for illegals.
__________________
"The Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions...A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed" - Constitution for the U.S.A.
Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:00   #37
norton
Senior Member
 
norton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Land of Lincoln, the growing years
Posts: 6,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
REX, I am not going to be a law enforcement officer. I am 8 months away from being a 2LT in the active Army.

Still stating that I lack abilities to think critically because I am voting for Obama is a cheap shot and wrong on all accounts. So if Obama wins and the majority of America supports Him, are they ignorant and lacking critical thinking skills as well? Pretty big claim if you say it is so.
I strongly disagree with you politically, but do thank you for your service to our country.
__________________
Tinker to Evers to Chance.
norton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 13:49   #38
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
I respect you norton. REX knows nothing of respect because if he disagrees with you politically, then he bashes your uniform, the fact that you made the same decision that others did to wear it, the fact that you love this nation, etc... all because your politics dont meet his litmus test of what HE thinks America should adhere to. I'm glad this type of fool is the kind that just trolls on a forum online and wont affect those of us who want what is better and best for this nation. I tried to be respectful to him and he repeatedly took cheap shots and its just wrong.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 16:54   #39
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05
 
TangoFoxtrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nowhereville, USA
Posts: 4,032
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Runner View Post
I've been reading all the posts around the Obama and McCain and began to wonder...

Is there anyone in this forum that is still undecided?
I am.... I'm a Republican but McCain/Palin doesn't do it for me. Obama also does not impress me. I wish their was a selection on the ballot that said " NONE OF THE ABOVE" With all the smoke and mirrors lately it really hard to decide. Oh well I guess I'll have to before Nov. 4th.
__________________
G21 Club: 0685 -Tact. SG 7048
S/P Club: 109 - .40 Club: 0255
Black Rifle-SWMP15S1647
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 17:00   #40
SW342
*****
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Republic Of Texas
Posts: 1,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.
I agree!
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 18:10   #41
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I respect you norton. REX knows nothing of respect because if he disagrees with you politically, then he bashes your uniform, the fact that you made the same decision that others did to wear it, the fact that you love this nation, etc... all because your politics dont meet his litmus test of what HE thinks America should adhere to. I'm glad this type of fool is the kind that just trolls on a forum online and wont affect those of us who want what is better and best for this nation. I tried to be respectful to him and he repeatedly took cheap shots and its just wrong.
Tell yourself whatever you need to, to absolve your guilt. It doesn't make any difference. Obviously it's something you are rather sensitive about, indicating a level of insecurity about the choice, or perhaps you realize what a mistake supporting Obama is, but your pride won't let you admit a mistake. Who knows? If you were truly confident in your conviction then you simply wouldn't acknowledge my 'cheap shots'. They simply wouldn't phase you. However, it's fairly obvious that choosing Obama is something you are doing without any real research or investigation. Hence, you are basing your pick on emotion. Thus, without thought.

If you truly wanted something better for this nation, you wouldn't be voting for Obama. You simply haven't done any real research.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.

Last edited by MRex21; 10-03-2008 at 18:22..
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 19:23   #42
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
Tell yourself whatever you need to, to absolve your guilt. It doesn't make any difference. Obviously it's something you are rather sensitive about, indicating a level of insecurity about the choice, or perhaps you realize what a mistake supporting Obama is, but your pride won't let you admit a mistake. Who knows? If you were truly confident in your conviction then you simply wouldn't acknowledge my 'cheap shots'. They simply wouldn't phase you. However, it's fairly obvious that choosing Obama is something you are doing without any real research or investigation. Hence, you are basing your pick on emotion. Thus, without thought.

If you truly wanted something better for this nation, you wouldn't be voting for Obama. You simply haven't done any real research.
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower.

Secondly, your assessment of me, given you dont know me, is laughable Rex. You think I care what you think of me and get upset about it... I just have something called integrity and when someone bashes someone because they dont agree with them politically, it shows what an ass said person is and depletes any credentials their thoughts might have garnered them in intellectual discussion. For you to state your opinion and dissent with mine is more than fine, but to bash me and my character because Im not supporting McCain isnt right.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32   #43
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower.

Secondly, your assessment of me, given you dont know me, is laughable Rex. You think I care what you think of me and get upset about it... I just have something called integrity and when someone bashes someone because they dont agree with them politically, it shows what an ass said person is and depletes any credentials their thoughts might have garnered them in intellectual discussion. For you to state your opinion and dissent with mine is more than fine, but to bash me and my character because Im not supporting McCain isnt right.
Ok, well...thanks.

You're the one who has to wrestle with your guilt, not me. Let me put it another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13   #44
Cody Jarrett
Senior Member
 
Cody Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,613
To all those who abstain... you just voted for Obama.
Cody Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 21:57   #45
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
Well, things could get a little worse... If McCain and Obama didnt put aside politics and vote to pass the $700 billion dollar bailout like they did. Hats off to them both.
Hey how is that bailout going? Hats off to them, eh? Wait, how many economists were against it? Oh thats right all of them, but the liberally bias ones.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 22:03   #46
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower. .
Taxes are already cut for the middle class. Go ahead and educate yourself if you dare.

http://www.allegromedia.com/sugi/taxes/

I've been following that commie Obama for a while and he has been on both sides of almost every issue. Tonight he actually claimed he was gonna reduce taxes, yet has proposed trillions in new spending. Who do you think is gonna have to pay for that? Especially since raising taxes on those evil rich people has historically decreased revenue to the federal government? Hmmm, that leaves the middle class there bud, you'll see. Sad that you have been brainwashed by Saul Alinsky's ideal protege.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 14:46   #47
mo_hunter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.
Well said!

I read this some place and thought it fits

"I love my country more than I hate mccain"

Last edited by mo_hunter; 10-12-2008 at 14:53..
mo_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 15:08   #48
JohnMeridith
Member
 
JohnMeridith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 53
Undecided about who is actually worse, obama/mccain or the people that vote for either of them.

I will be writing in the Champion of the Constitition, the Lighthouse of the Republic. Ron Paul.
JohnMeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 15:18   #49
JohnMeridith
Member
 
JohnMeridith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
We have a great many enemies, and not through our own fault, but because we have higher moral standards. And the funny part is, we are struggling with our own moral standards!.
I could post about 1000 pages to show you why we are hated throughout the world, but I would hope you will do your own research and revisit your thoughts on this. People do not hate us because of our morals, they hate us because we occupy their lands and strongarm their natural resources from them. Start with the CIA and what it has done in South America, then move to the Middle East. If you still think we can stomp all over the world and there won't be consequences, I can't help you.
JohnMeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 19:17   #50
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
well stated johnmeredith.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,457
374 Members
1,083 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42