GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 18:10   #41
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I respect you norton. REX knows nothing of respect because if he disagrees with you politically, then he bashes your uniform, the fact that you made the same decision that others did to wear it, the fact that you love this nation, etc... all because your politics dont meet his litmus test of what HE thinks America should adhere to. I'm glad this type of fool is the kind that just trolls on a forum online and wont affect those of us who want what is better and best for this nation. I tried to be respectful to him and he repeatedly took cheap shots and its just wrong.
Tell yourself whatever you need to, to absolve your guilt. It doesn't make any difference. Obviously it's something you are rather sensitive about, indicating a level of insecurity about the choice, or perhaps you realize what a mistake supporting Obama is, but your pride won't let you admit a mistake. Who knows? If you were truly confident in your conviction then you simply wouldn't acknowledge my 'cheap shots'. They simply wouldn't phase you. However, it's fairly obvious that choosing Obama is something you are doing without any real research or investigation. Hence, you are basing your pick on emotion. Thus, without thought.

If you truly wanted something better for this nation, you wouldn't be voting for Obama. You simply haven't done any real research.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.

Last edited by MRex21; 10-03-2008 at 18:22..
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 19:23   #42
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
Tell yourself whatever you need to, to absolve your guilt. It doesn't make any difference. Obviously it's something you are rather sensitive about, indicating a level of insecurity about the choice, or perhaps you realize what a mistake supporting Obama is, but your pride won't let you admit a mistake. Who knows? If you were truly confident in your conviction then you simply wouldn't acknowledge my 'cheap shots'. They simply wouldn't phase you. However, it's fairly obvious that choosing Obama is something you are doing without any real research or investigation. Hence, you are basing your pick on emotion. Thus, without thought.

If you truly wanted something better for this nation, you wouldn't be voting for Obama. You simply haven't done any real research.
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower.

Secondly, your assessment of me, given you dont know me, is laughable Rex. You think I care what you think of me and get upset about it... I just have something called integrity and when someone bashes someone because they dont agree with them politically, it shows what an ass said person is and depletes any credentials their thoughts might have garnered them in intellectual discussion. For you to state your opinion and dissent with mine is more than fine, but to bash me and my character because Im not supporting McCain isnt right.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32   #43
MRex21
Can I help you?
 
MRex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Conservative in Northern California
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower.

Secondly, your assessment of me, given you dont know me, is laughable Rex. You think I care what you think of me and get upset about it... I just have something called integrity and when someone bashes someone because they dont agree with them politically, it shows what an ass said person is and depletes any credentials their thoughts might have garnered them in intellectual discussion. For you to state your opinion and dissent with mine is more than fine, but to bash me and my character because Im not supporting McCain isnt right.
Ok, well...thanks.

You're the one who has to wrestle with your guilt, not me. Let me put it another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.
__________________
MilSurp #21, Wheelhouse #1945, SKS Club #1701, Black Rifle Club #1941, Smith & Wesson Club #915
100% Pro-Police. 0% Pro-Police State. Proud supporter/former member of the thin blue line since 1992.
Don't tick off a P.I.
MRex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13   #44
Cody Jarrett
Senior Member
 
Cody Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,613
To all those who abstain... you just voted for Obama.
Cody Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 21:57   #45
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
Well, things could get a little worse... If McCain and Obama didnt put aside politics and vote to pass the $700 billion dollar bailout like they did. Hats off to them both.
Hey how is that bailout going? Hats off to them, eh? Wait, how many economists were against it? Oh thats right all of them, but the liberally bias ones.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 22:03   #46
PAGunner
Senior Member
 
PAGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I have done research. And the hell of it is, I cant find any of McCain's plan to cut taxes on middle class Americans and how he is going to INCREASE the military by manpower. .
Taxes are already cut for the middle class. Go ahead and educate yourself if you dare.

http://www.allegromedia.com/sugi/taxes/

I've been following that commie Obama for a while and he has been on both sides of almost every issue. Tonight he actually claimed he was gonna reduce taxes, yet has proposed trillions in new spending. Who do you think is gonna have to pay for that? Especially since raising taxes on those evil rich people has historically decreased revenue to the federal government? Hmmm, that leaves the middle class there bud, you'll see. Sad that you have been brainwashed by Saul Alinsky's ideal protege.
__________________
M&P 40 CORE, M&P FS 40, M&P 40c, M&P 40 Shield
DDM4V1 LW, DDM4V5 LW, SCAR 17s, VEPR 12
PAGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 14:46   #47
mo_hunter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRex21 View Post
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.
Well said!

I read this some place and thought it fits

"I love my country more than I hate mccain"

Last edited by mo_hunter; 10-12-2008 at 14:53..
mo_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 15:08   #48
JohnMeridith
Member
 
JohnMeridith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 53
Undecided about who is actually worse, obama/mccain or the people that vote for either of them.

I will be writing in the Champion of the Constitition, the Lighthouse of the Republic. Ron Paul.
JohnMeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 15:18   #49
JohnMeridith
Member
 
JohnMeridith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
We have a great many enemies, and not through our own fault, but because we have higher moral standards. And the funny part is, we are struggling with our own moral standards!.
I could post about 1000 pages to show you why we are hated throughout the world, but I would hope you will do your own research and revisit your thoughts on this. People do not hate us because of our morals, they hate us because we occupy their lands and strongarm their natural resources from them. Start with the CIA and what it has done in South America, then move to the Middle East. If you still think we can stomp all over the world and there won't be consequences, I can't help you.
JohnMeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 19:17   #50
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
well stated johnmeredith.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 22:01   #51
17z
Senior Member
 
17z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha,Nebraska
Posts: 792
I will write in my people who I think will run this country well. Ted Nugent and Larry[Dan Whitney] The Cable Guy. He is from my state of Nebraska. either one of these two could be pres or vice pres. And if it is Oboomer and McCain Tie, guess who then for pres and vp,,,,,,, Pelosi and Reid. think about who you really want in the WhiteHouse this coming January to start the ball rolling. And it also should depend on CON,,,,,gress who stays and who gets their pink slip. 17z,Omaha,Ne.
__________________
Richard Ziemies
17z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 16:04   #52
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
I am very DECIDED. I'm gladly and proudly voting for Obama. I am sick and tired of the way things have been. End of story.
And a short while later you write that you will NOT vote for him?

For me, the choice is easy. McCain is pro-gun. He gets my vote.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 18:12   #53
CanyonMan
In The Saddle
 
CanyonMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,904
I wil not vote for a Muslim ...


CM
__________________
You boy's saddled this bronc, now let's see if you can ride it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 18:15   #54
d3athp3nguin
Senior Member
 
d3athp3nguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 819
This thread seems to be bait for "lets pounce on whoever says they're undecided or voting for Obama."

I wish a different Republican candidate was picked, like Ron Paul or Mitt Romney... but I don't think either candidate is going to do a stellar job if elected. I have decided to vote Republican because I think that the core principals pushed by the Republican party will be better in this current situation than the Democratic offering.

I have a problem with people saying that you are "voting for Obama" if you don't vote for McCain. Your vote is yours to cast; it doesn't matter what other people think your vote should be.

A vote is simply a statement of who you think is the best (or better) candidate for the job. Some people (like me this time) may choose to vote for a candidate they can live with, that has the best chance of getting elected. However, if 30% of the population votes for a third party, I don't think they threw their votes away- they just made a very powerful statement that people are sick and tired of the two-party system, and it sets a precedent for more people widening their options. It also makes elected officials take notice, and they may start taking these other interests into consideration.

I always thought proportional representation would be a neat way to distribute seats in Congress- that would allow more than two parties the opportunity to get a say in legislation, and would make (ideally) be a more accurate representation of voters' interests. In other words, if the Libertarian party got 10% of the vote, they would get 10% of the seats in Congress.
__________________
"The foolishness of that comment is so deep, I can only ascribe it to higher education. You HAVE to have gone to college to say something that stupid."
~Radio talk show host

Last edited by d3athp3nguin; 10-14-2008 at 18:38..
d3athp3nguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 18:56   #55
JohnMeridith
Member
 
JohnMeridith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 53
if 30% of the population voted 3rd party(assuming a vast majority of them voted for a specific party) we would not have a repulicrat president.

I am going to assume d3athp3nguin believes the republicans push core values of conservatism, but I will respectfully disagree 100%. There is nothing conservative about fighting preemptive war, overspending, bloating government, repressing liberties, pushing socialism and on and on and on.

We must realize the dems and reps do not give a **** about any citizen in this country, at least not you and me or anyone not worth hundreds of millions.

100 trillion in current and promised debt
500-1000 Military bases throughout the world
The Fed ran by private banksters that inflate and steal saver's money through inflation(tax)

Those are the core issues of this country and none are ever mentioned by the two party system. The citizens are getting the government they deserve.


Mccain is NOT pro gun.

Last edited by JohnMeridith; 10-14-2008 at 19:01..
JohnMeridith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 20:52   #56
d3athp3nguin
Senior Member
 
d3athp3nguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMeridith View Post
if 30% of the population voted 3rd party(assuming a vast majority of them voted for a specific party) we would not have a repulicrat president.

I am going to assume d3athp3nguin believes the republicans push core values of conservatism, but I will respectfully disagree 100%. There is nothing conservative about fighting preemptive war, overspending, bloating government, repressing liberties, pushing socialism and on and on and on.

We must realize the dems and reps do not give a **** about any citizen in this country, at least not you and me or anyone not worth hundreds of millions.

100 trillion in current and promised debt
500-1000 Military bases throughout the world
The Fed ran by private banksters that inflate and steal saver's money through inflation(tax)

Those are the core issues of this country and none are ever mentioned by the two party system. The citizens are getting the government they deserve.


Mccain is NOT pro gun.
As for McCain's voting record on gun control, it appears to be overwhelmingly in favor of more gun rights:
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/John...un_Control.htm

Is he of the "2nd amendment is my carry permit" type? Nope- but his voting record in recent years has been pretty consistently pro-gun, and he has publicly stated numerous times while campaigning that he would not support any AWB (as opposed to Obama dodging the issue or advocating "common sense" gun legislation). When it comes to gun control, I'll support the candidate who stands to lose support for going back on his word, compared to a candidate who skirted around the issue so he can vote against it with little repercussion.

With respect to the economy, I lost faith in both candidates when they supported the bailout. To me at that point, it came down to picking a few issues that I cared about and seeing which of the two was most likely to support my views on those issues. Like many people here, gun rights are a very important issue to me- so that's an influential factor in my vote. In the future I may decide to stop playing the "red vs blue" game, but for now I'll vote with one of the two main parties.

In any case, I sympathize with your frustration at the two-party system. For some people it's "which one (of two) do I support," for others it's "lesser of two evils," and for others it's "I don't buy into this system, I'm voting for X." Which people are right? Depends on what your priorities are. When enough people decide that it is a high enough priority to shuffle things up in government, then votes will reflect that. The big issue then, is coordinating such efforts from the bottom up; cause you know that kind of change won't happen from the top down.

Edit: then again, Bob Barr and Ron Paul are looking pretty good...
__________________
"The foolishness of that comment is so deep, I can only ascribe it to higher education. You HAVE to have gone to college to say something that stupid."
~Radio talk show host

Last edited by d3athp3nguin; 10-14-2008 at 21:16..
d3athp3nguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 14:45   #57
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
I wil not vote for a Muslim ...


CM
Poor guy, still smoking the Republican fixed peyote. Barack isnt a Muslim, and never has been.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33   #58
TacticalBling
Senior Member
 
TacticalBling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMeridith View Post
People do not hate us because of our morals, they hate us because we occupy their lands and strongarm their natural resources from them. Start with the CIA and what it has done in South America, then move to the Middle East. If you still think we can stomp all over the world and there won't be consequences, I can't help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
well stated johnmeredith.
First of all, I apologize if this is a personal attack on you, meshmdz; your political views aren't terribly popular here, true, but they are yours, and as a human being with free choice and an American citizen with the right to express such, you can't be faulted for doing so.

Based on the above, and your reactions on another thread, I question whether you are morally qualified to be a commissioned officer in our Nation's military. Why would you choose a career in the armed services if you agree with the views above? You know very well that you might be ordered to take part in missions which involve 'stomping all over the world,' as JohnMeredith puts it, yet by your own admission in the thread I mentioned, you will obey ANY order you're given, regardless of your own convictions--up to and including disarming your fellow citizens at gunpoint.

It would be hypocritical enough to join the military in any capacity, but you're training to be a leader of men, whose lives could depend on your judgment and discretion. Say you give an order, and your PSG or (if you're a company commander) your 1SG, who are soldiers who will be likely much older and more experienced than you, tell you their consciences will not permit them to carry out your order--they believe them to be unlawful as well as immoral--what then? You'll be expected, naturally, to be an example of both integrity and good judgment as well as an authority figure.

So...why the decision to be a military officer? And if it's not too prying, which branch and MOS were you applying for? Maybe people here who have served in your chosen field can provide you with more input.

Ho-kay, back on topic...

Hm. I have to admit I've been more convinced by some of McCain's recent interviews and talking points. If he'd only tighten up his stance on illegal aliens I'd feel more reassured. Joe the plumber has thrown some fresh dung onto the fire for Obama, too.
TacticalBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 17:24   #59
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalBling View Post
First of all, I apologize if this is a personal attack on you, meshmdz; your political views aren't terribly popular here, true, but they are yours, and as a human being with free choice and an American citizen with the right to express such, you can't be faulted for doing so.

Based on the above, and your reactions on another thread, I question whether you are morally qualified to be a commissioned officer in our Nation's military. Why would you choose a career in the armed services if you agree with the views above? You know very well that you might be ordered to take part in missions which involve 'stomping all over the world,' as JohnMeredith puts it, yet by your own admission in the thread I mentioned, you will obey ANY order you're given, regardless of your own convictions--up to and including disarming your fellow citizens at gunpoint.

It would be hypocritical enough to join the military in any capacity, but you're training to be a leader of men, whose lives could depend on your judgment and discretion. Say you give an order, and your PSG or (if you're a company commander) your 1SG, who are soldiers who will be likely much older and more experienced than you, tell you their consciences will not permit them to carry out your order--they believe them to be unlawful as well as immoral--what then? You'll be expected, naturally, to be an example of both integrity and good judgment as well as an authority figure.

So...why the decision to be a military officer? And if it's not too prying, which branch and MOS were you applying for? Maybe people here who have served in your chosen field can provide you with more input.

Ho-kay, back on topic...

Hm. I have to admit I've been more convinced by some of McCain's recent interviews and talking points. If he'd only tighten up his stance on illegal aliens I'd feel more reassured. Joe the plumber has thrown some fresh dung onto the fire for Obama, too.
So let me get this straight.... Because I will follow the orders given to me by my commanders and have my own political beliefs that are backed by FACT I am not qualified to be a military officer? Give me a break. I support the US and our military and even though some practices by our gov. or military I might not agree with does NOT mean that I will not do as I am ordered. You are a complete fool if you think that i am not qualified to be an officer in the Army based on my dissent for certain things our gov. has done in the past. Just because someone doesnt agree with their nation's foreign policy on all fronts doesnt mean they are qualified to lead soldiers.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 17:25   #60
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012
 
meshmdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Knox, KY
Posts: 1,809
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
I submitted my branch requests and will find out what I will be doing as an officer on 23rd OCT. YOU will be one of the first to know there buddy.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 931
274 Members
657 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31