Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:15   #61
fredobbs

wht is the button on the back of the grip?
fredobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14   #62
APD
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22owner View Post
A compact model would definitely be nice. CCFRaceframes had listed on their site for a while that they were planning a 19/23 frame earlier this year, but it disappeared. Price is going to be a big factor for me. For $319, I can have the aluminum or stainless receiver from CCF, so $299 would be too steep for an aftermarket polymer one, IMO. Definitely something to keep an eye on though, since the $299 is just speculation.
I was not speculating when I quoted it, I simply read it off of the Lone Wolf website.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/

"Hope is not a strategy"
-John C. Maxwell
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:26   #63
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
I was not speculating when I quoted it, I simply read it off of the Lone Wolf website.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/
That is not the same frame. That is a modified original Glock frame.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34   #64
APD
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
That is not the same frame. That is a modified original Glock frame.

Regards,
Happyguy
Oops, I stand corrected. Sorry for the mistake.

"Hope is not a strategy"
-John C. Maxwell
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01   #65
SW342

Very nice.....would like to see it produced in the 45ACP frame also
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34   #66
Atomic Punk

wonder how thisworks out legally. with the serial number and all that in the reciever.
Atomic Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37   #67
APD
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Punk View Post
wonder how thisworks out legally. with the serial number and all that in the reciever.

Most likely like a lower on an AR which is also serial numbered, they would treat it as a firearm itself.

"Hope is not a strategy"
-John C. Maxwell
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56   #68
Glockwork Orange

Isn't the Glock frame considered the actual firearm? How will this new frame work as far as serial numbers? Or will it not have one? What will the legal ramifications be in a self defense shooting?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:15   #69
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockwork Orange View Post
Isn't the Glock frame considered the actual firearm? How will this new frame work as far as serial numbers? Or will it not have one? What will the legal ramifications be in a self defense shooting?
Yes, and the new frame will have an SN, just like CCR frames do now. You will have to buy it through an FFL just like buying a new gun. I don't think I'd want one for carry purposes. Better to just mod your current frame.
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:20   #70
Renny
"Don't pick me"

Quote:
I'd love to try it out, but hope that LWD heeds the sentiment of several posters here who would prefer a frame without the damned finger grooves. With the advent of the factory "SF" models, the opportunity for LWD to innovate would have to entail combining the accessory rail with a Gen-1 style grip frame. Interchangeable backstraps would be good, too, since that is an oft-requested feature.

Variety is not a bad thing here.
Agreed. I searched far and wide, and paid premium prices, for 1st Gen G17's, becuase they are, hands down, my favorite. My only two hatreds of my favorite pistol are the damn finger grooves with don't fit my little bitty paws, and the damn "accessory rail" that catches on the lower lip of the Sport Combat holster, impeding a smooth draw.

When factory conflicts with factory, go to an earlier factory model which didn't.

If they offered this receiver with finger groove/no finger groove options, with accessory rail/plain dust cover options, we'd definitely talk.

I'd like to carry a cool custom Glock.

"What's that you're carrying, Renny? I thought you were a hardcore Glock man?"

"It's a custom Glock."

"Custom? Glock? It don't LOOK like a Glock."

"That's why it's custom. See?"

"Ooooohhh....where'd you get that?"

"Wouldn't YOU like to know?"

Quote:
The new frame will, by law, have a serial number. Hopefully LW will even allow (possibly??) custom serial numbers for a nominal fee? (Not speculating...hoping, and giving a hint for cooler customization AND more revenue for LW, which translates to more R&D and more cool STUFF!)

Since the receiver IS the firearm, and it HAS a serial number, and is transferred LEGALLY through an FFL as the firearm itself, the rest of the gun is just parts.

And parts is parts.

As far as a self-defense shooting, I'd say it'd be close to the equivalent of a self-defense shooting with a built-up-from-the-frame 1911 -- that is, it's a pistol, made to your custom spec, that is street legal. Whatever a prosecutor wants to do with that information is entirely up to him.

Me, I'm kinda enamored of the whole thing, except for the fact that this custom receiver STILL has the two things I hate most about the new Glocks, and wish there was some way to get a bit more customization for the "purists" who thought the original G17 was/is the best configuration for the Glock.

Heck, I'd even compromise and accept a Gen 2 type frame, with the stippling on the front and backstrap, as long as there were no finger grooves nor an accessory rail I'd never use.

But hey, that's just me.

R
Old 10-27-2008, 09:22   #71
smoke

Considering the current political situation, I'd say LWD is going way out on a limb. If a law is enacted that bans the manufacture of a handgun capable of accepting a mag of more than 10 rounds, a lot of companies are gonna be screwed.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47   #72
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I don't know what everyone is wetting their pants over. No one says this about the thousands of Caspian and other 1911 frames that get sold every year, it is no big deal. I just might have to get me one of these and build me a Mech Tech to go along with my 22.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:00   #73
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The frame is not featured on our web site because the information is not officially released. We simply figured GT has been good to us over the years so we would "privately" release the information here before anybody else seen or heard of it. LWD will be attending the Tulsa OK gun show November 7-9. If you would like to see this new replacement frame first hand we will have a couple of the rapid prototypes at this show for your inspection.

The frames will fit the G17,17L,22,24,31,34,35,37. The next production will be for the G20,21. The G19,23 are last on the list.

The replacement frame use all the standard Glock parts with the exception of the magazine release, which is the new oversized "round style".

The bump on the replaceable grip is a laser activation switch. The optional laser system is integral with the frame.

The target price of the frame is under $200. I am sure we will take huge steps to offer the initial run at further discounts to GT members.

The finger grips are the best we have ever seen, they fit both large & small hands alike.

The frame is considered the firearm. It has its own serial number. It must be transferred through a FFL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by JR; 10-27-2008 at 14:24..
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:14   #74
Chad Landry
Cajunator®

Thanks for the info JR.

Such a frame might just get me back into a Glock, especially once you release the G20/21 model.
Outpost Mod #69
Chad Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:46   #75
Atomic Punk

hopefully if i have extra moneys next year i would be able to pick up one of those. been wanting a carbine kit to match my pistol and this would be a good way to get the frame without the rest of the pistol.
Atomic Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33   #76
1999Cobra

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... +1

No surprise here the Negative ninnies and Nah Sayer's - had / have to chime in with their usual senseless bantering - shame really... But we all expected it right? (Moderators, Admin, please note I'm NOT singling out any specific individuals, by name or otherwise)

Now onto the good part - not as many slammers as I figured first bell-

I think this edition is simply put: long overdue, I will be purchasing as soon as available. Thank you Lone Wolf et-all, for the excellent design and manufacture work toward making an already more than functional weapon system even better (aesthetically) ...

+1
1999Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:47   #77
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999Cobra View Post
No surprise here the Negative ninnies and Nah Sayer's - had / have to chime in with their usual senseless bantering - shame really... But we all expected it right? (Moderators, Admin, please note I'm NOT singling out any specific individuals, by name or otherwise)

Now onto the good part - not as many slammers as I figured first bell-

I think this edition is simply put: long overdue, I will be purchasing as soon as available. Thank you Lone Wolf et-all, for the excellent design and manufacture work toward making an already more than functional weapon system even better (aesthetically) ...

+1
Another kool-aid drinker. You mean to tell me you're gonna buy this sight-unseen? How do you know it's an excellent design?

To JR - I don't care if the finger-grooves fit both large and small hands. Leave them off and there will be no doubt!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:53   #78
mnglocker
Rope Czar

Send a message via AIM to mnglocker

JR,

Will you be tooling up to manufacture the long slide uppers? i.e. 17L & 24's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mnglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07   #79
SIGSAREBETTER
Teh Pieman

Send a message via AIM to SIGSAREBETTER

The day the G20 frame hits the market I will place my order.

So hurry!
SIGSAREBETTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:16   #80
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
17,17L,24 & 34 slides are due to ship to us the last day of the month. Will most likely arrive about the time I return from the Tulsa show

JR is offline   Reply With Quote