SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2009, 04:36   #1
mr2trout

Threat to Ranges in Bartow County

Hey, I just got this notice from Georgia Carry.....

"Joe Harris of Creekside Firing Range found out that Bartow County Planning Commission has a new amendment that would significantly restrict and potentially shut down the operation of gun ranges in Bartow County. This amendment would affect Adairsville Range and Barnesley Gardens ranges as well. Included in the amendment are controls on the hours of operation, restrictions on the rates of fire, increased acreage requirements, and prohibition on personal protection and tactical types of training. The hearing is THIS Monday June 1 at 6PM at 135 West Cherokee Avenue, Cartersville, GA 30120 ( 770 387-5007 )

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...2&ie=UTF8&z=17

Joe has asked for our help to fill the hearing room with folks wearing Guns Save Lives buttons. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Joe at 770-634-2144 or playballharris03@aol.com

Here is a news story pertaining to this restrictive range ordinance.
"They're targeting three to four businesses," he said. "They're trying to shut us down. There's no question about it ... They're trying to impose restrictions to where nobody can stay open.

"I've conformed to every law Bartow County told me to conform to. All these people from the county approved [my range] and now they want to change it."

Let's show up Monday evening and support the range owners. Without a place to train, the right to bear arms becomes meaningless.
www.GeorgiaCarry.Org"
mr2trout is offline   Reply With Quote