Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2008, 19:22   #41
zodiacbw

Oakwood sportsman lodge
4080 Mundy Mill Road
Oakwood, GA 30566

EDIT: CLOSED

Last edited by zodiacbw; 01-25-2011 at 10:16..
zodiacbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:15   #42
kfranz87

Does anyone know of a range anywhere around Statesboro?
kfranz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 15:11   #43
GeorgiaGlocker
Incirlik AB

Eagle Gun Range (Indoor)
109 Woodfield Drive
Macon, Georgia 31210
478-757-GUNS (4867)

www.eaglegunrange.com
GeorgiaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 17:50   #44
buckhunter3987

I miss going to bullseye in Lawrenceville, but im over 3 hours away now

I havent been yet but a new range has opened in Pooler just outside of Savannah on 80. They have a web site-http://patricksuniforms.com/index.php

Ill be goin here in a few days probably
buckhunter3987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 20:44   #45
Hound_dogs_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob62 View Post
boze2043 are you a member of the Little River Gun Club? I've been a member for about 2 years. It is a very nice club.

100yd rifle range, 25yd pistol range, plus a variety of Clays ranges. It is a private club. For those interested in becoming a member, here is the clubs web site for more info.

www.littlerivergunclub.com

Rob

I shot 4H trap/skeet over there with a man named Ron. Cant remember his last name. I now shoot at advanced bullets very regularly on the shotgun/rigle range. Just getting in to the whole pistol order since I'm coming up on 21.

Alex
Hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 20:29   #46
HK_Rebel

Marietta - Ed's Gun & Tackle Shop, 2727 Canton Road (Hwy 5), Marietta, GA 30066.
The Above mentioned is now: Nick's Guns & Range (770) 425-8461
e-mail: nicksguns@bellsouth.net
Mon-Sat 10AM - 8PM
Sun 12PM - 6PM
HK_Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 16:32   #47
pdogkilr

I'm a member of River Bend Gun Club. Nicest facility I have ever been associated with. Except for the plinking ranges, all of the venues are NRA Certified for National Competition, including their 600 Yard High Power Range.

Link to the site:

http://www.rbgc.org/

Paragraph from the bottom of the home page:

2009 River Bend Gun Club River Bend Gun Club is a members-only shooting facility located in the Southwest corner of Dawson County, Georgia. This web site is intended to serve its membership as a resource of club news and information. Those interested in joining RBGC may look for such information in the "Club Information" section of this site.

Even though it states "members-only" We can take two guests during a visit to the club.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
pdogkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 23:07   #48
B27
CLM Number 280
57 state tour!

South River Gun Club...my club...

www.southrivergunclub.com

The regional Glock Matches are held at my club.

I live right in the heart of Atlanta, Buckhead, and the club is 45 minutes from my front door.

If you think you might want to join do it NOW...we have 580 members and when we hit 600 we may start a waiting list.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:24   #49
Scott 40S&W

Fullers Gun Shop in Woodbury GA has an outdoor 200yd rifle range and a 40 yard pistol/tactical range and they allow class 3 on the Tactical /pistol range.
they are about 1 hour from Atlanta Macon or Columbus. The address is 1738 upper cove rd woodbury Ga ph 706-553-2352 the range fees are $10 for 1 hour or less or $20 for mor than an hour. THey also have a few steel targets on the pistol range. they are a full service gunsmith as well and guarante 1/2min groups on their accuracy jobs. Mine will actually shoot 1/4 min. Where else can you have your gun worked on and shoot it at 200yds before you leave.
Surefire Lowlight Tactics Instructor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Scott 40S&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 18:01   #50
armsvault
ArmsVault

There is a range in Sugar Valley. It is part of the Chattahoochee National Forest.

Admission is $5
armsvault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:54   #51
Dexters

Closest outdoor range to Austell/Marietta/Smyrna

What are the closest outdoor ranges to Austell/Marietta/Smyrna area?
I'm looking for handgun and long range rifle use.
Thanks
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:25   #52
FillYerHands
you son of a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
What are the closest outdoor ranges to Austell/Marietta/Smyrna area?
I'm looking for handgun and long range rifle use.
Thanks
Hot Shots Shooting Range, 2445 Austell Road, 770-436-6600
This is okay for pistols, I don't know about rifles. It's indoors so it's certainly not going to be long range.

Do you know any Marietta cops? The police range is on County Services Parkway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 15:51   #53
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post
This is okay for pistols, I don't know about rifles. It's indoors so it's certainly not going to be long range.

Thanks,
I shoot at Hot Shots and buy my guns at Adventures Outdoors. I used to belong to South River but the drive is too long.

Can anyone shoot at the police range or must you be a cop?
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 14:57   #54
wsvjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillYerHands View Post

Actually thats for cobb PD and as far as I know no you can not go there unless your with the PD. I know this because I am a Cobb PD Explorer
(='.'=) Ga#817
(")_(") BR#817
wsvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01   #55
devildog24

[quote=mongo1958;9844897]Add this to your list:

Lock Stock & Barrel
Shooting Range
514 Bohannon Road
Grantville, GA 30220
770http://www.tacticalgunsandgear.com/ 583 3438[/quote
devildog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 22:13   #56
Scott 40S&W

The closest outdoor range to Marietta is Creekside firing range check out www.creeksidefiringrange.com it is in Taylorsville SW of Cartersville.
Surefire Lowlight Tactics Instructor

Scott 40S&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 14:28   #57
Mach5

Creekside is waaaaaay the heck out there. It was a 1:15 drive for me from Vinings/Smyrna. The range itself was decent (very muddy though and no paved road) but the range guy (early 20's?) had a serious attitude problem. Seriously, if he doesn't have anything nice to say, he should leave his customers alone. I paid my money and followed all rules but he was either really bored (nobody else was there) or just inherently an argumentitive prick.

There's a public range a little further up I-75 (same driving time though) called Chestnut Mountain.

Take exit 320 off I-75 and head WEST on Resaca Lafayette Rd/Route 136. After a few miles you'll reach the end and you'll be forced to turn either right or left. Turn RIGHT (I think it's still called Resaca Lafayette Rd/136) and go about 1000 feet and on your right side you will see a dirt road with a sign for Chestnut Mountain Rd. Take the dirt road and you'll end at the shooting range. $5 admission (in an envelope). Be honest. If not, the park rangers may check the payment box and see your car's license plate didn't pay. Then you will be in a world of pain.

I haven't tried the range in Adairsville yet.

Is there any outdoor range CLOSER to Smyrna/Vinings? I'm willing to pay for a membership but I don't want to drive more than 30 minutes. :P

Otherwise I may as well go to Chestnut Mt.
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 18:44   #58
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
Creekside is waaaaaay the heck out there. It was a 1:15 drive for me from Vinings/Smyrna. The range itself was decent (very muddy though and no paved road) but the range guy (early 20's?) had a serious attitude problem. Seriously, if he doesn't have anything nice to say, he should leave his customers alone. I paid my money and followed all rules but he was either really bored (nobody else was there) or just inherently an argumentitive prick.

There's a public range a little further up I-75 (same driving time though) called Chestnut Mountain.

Take exit 320 off I-75 and head WEST on Resaca Lafayette Rd/Route 136. After a few miles you'll reach the end and you'll be forced to turn either right or left. Turn RIGHT (I think it's still called Resaca Lafayette Rd/136) and go about 1000 feet and on your right side you will see a dirt road with a sign for Chestnut Mountain Rd. Take the dirt road and you'll end at the shooting range. $5 admission (in an envelope). Be honest. If not, the park rangers may check the payment box and see your car's license plate didn't pay. Then you will be in a world of pain.

I haven't tried the range in Adairsville yet.

Is there any outdoor range CLOSER to Smyrna/Vinings? I'm willing to pay for a membership but I don't want to drive more than 30 minutes. :P

Otherwise I may as well go to Chestnut Mt.
I had the same experience - I live in the same area as you do. So far the best place is South River. I was a member but it is too far and too expensive. I've gone there for IDPA.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/W...llanow_Georgia

Shooting is getting expensive when you add up the gas and cost of ammo these days.
Old 03-30-2010, 14:01   #59
gapi
NRA/GCO MEMBER

Nice place. Kind of new. They have a pit for special training and a row of at least 10 stalls, covered from weather with electric cable target hangars.
Call for details. I'm sure there is rifle provisions also.

The Georgia Club

Adairsville Sporting Range

<cite>www.adairsvillesportingrange.com</cite>
123 Holloway Road Northwest
Adairsville, GA 30103
(770) 608-4848
G19 Gen4 2012
G26 Gen4 2013

Last edited by gapi; 03-30-2010 at 14:05..
gapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57   #60
Homechicken

Does anyone know if the DeKalb County police range is still out in Lithonia and open to the public? I haven't been there in close to 15 years. Used to go with my dad about once a month when I was a kid. The only negative is its paper targets only, and 25yds is the closest range. I do like to be able to plink at tin cans, clay targets, etc. when I'm at an outdor range, paper is good for accuracy testing, but I like more interactive targets on ocassion.