Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2010, 20:38   #1
Vigilant

Aluminum mags, or blackened stainless?

I have about decided to pick up a new M&P15 to keep the PTR-91 company. Looking at mags, and C-Products seems to be a good name on this forum. I found some new blackened stainless 30-round mags at CDNN on sale for $9.99 each, or aluminum for $7.99 each. Which is the best route to go, and am I correct in assuming that these C-Products mags will function and hold up well?

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2010, 20:42   #2
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

I've had good luck with CProducts mags
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 20:50   #3
furioso2112

Not to add a wrench to your thought process, but have you considered PMags? All the rage right now, and seem to be very robust. There are great deals a lot of places (Palmetto State Armory (a sponsor here) for one, $10 each IIRC - the 'non M revision' model, but those are still fine - just the cap won't fit the bottom - if you look into a bit, this will make sense). There are many links to some impressive independent torture tests on them.
Old 01-02-2010, 20:53   #4
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
I have about decided to pick up a new M&P15 to keep the PTR-91 company. Looking at mags, and C-Products seems to be a good name on this forum. I found some new blackened stainless 30-round mags at CDNN on sale for $9.99 each, or aluminum for $7.99 each. Which is the best route to go, and am I correct in assuming that these C-Products mags will function and hold up well?

Thanks.
Pmags my friend. I have had mixed results with C Products mags. Their 9mm mags sucked the big one. The .223 mags are hit or miss. If you don't like Pmags I would go with Brownells mags.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 20:54   #5
Hedo1

They all run about the same honestly. I have dozens of PMAGS and Lancers and they are great. Have about 30 aluminum mags and haven't had a problem with them either. All told I have about 75 AR mags and couldn't tell you who made a bunch of them and don't worry about it either. I buy the ones that are a good deal and stock up on them.

Can't go wrong with the Lancers or PMAGS in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2010, 20:58   #6
halfmoonclip

USGI is just fine.
Moon
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 21:02   #7
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedo1 View Post
They all run about the same honestly. I have dozens of PMAGS and Lancers and they are great. Have about 30 aluminum mags and haven't had a problem with them either. All told I have about 75 AR mags and couldn't tell you who made a bunch of them and don't worry about it either. I buy the ones that are a good deal and stock up on them.

Can't go wrong with the Lancers or PMAGS in my opinion.
There are some bad mags out there. We got some alluminum mags for the department that were not teflon coated. They would not feed even with ball in our department guns. After that I was able to talk the Chief into P mags despite the higher cost. There are junk mags out there. But your right about Lancer and Pmags being good. So are a lot of GI mags. But stick with the good ones with teflon cloating. Hence why I recommended the Brownells mags. I got 2 mags from C Products for T&E they were the stainless ones. One lasted for a while and did fine. The other one died early from a cracked feed lip. USGI mags work but they are the least durable of the mags mentioned and have the shortest service life.
Link to brownells mags.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...OUND_MAGAZINES
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Old 01-02-2010, 21:07   #8
furioso2112

Seems like Brownell's recently had a special price on their mags...might still be going on. I deleted the e-mail already...although thier best prices are with a mil/LEO discount. Seems lots of places stock-piled mags due to the rush last winter/spring and are now running specials on them.
Old 01-02-2010, 21:10   #9
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I finally went the Pmag route and I am never going back to stainless or aluminum again.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 23:56   #10
Vigilant

Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your input. Pmag it is, with a few 7.99 teflon-coated C-Products just for the heck of it.

Does anyone know what the LE discount is with Brownell's? I have heard that as a CO, I would qualify.
Old 01-02-2010, 23:59   #11
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate your input. Pmag it is, with a few 7.99 teflon-coated C-Products just for the heck of it.

Does anyone know what the LE discount is with Brownell's? I have heard that as a CO, I would qualify.
The discount varies from product to product. Some things don't get discounted because the manufacturer won't allow it. You do qualify as a CO.
Pat
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Old 01-03-2010, 00:44   #12
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
The discount varies from product to product. Some things don't get discounted because the manufacturer won't allow it. You do qualify as a CO.
Pat
Thanks again, Pat. I know it's not all a bed of roses up that way, but I envy you, living in Alaska. The two things I miss the most about the PNW... are the trout fishing, and the wide open spaces. You certainly have both bases covered up your way.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:08   #13
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

I believe Brownells has the new USGI contract for magazines.

But PMags are the answer. If you have to go USGI, Colt, Okay Industries, and a few others are known and trusted.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:14   #14
Vigilant

Thanks, Murph. Hope all is well with you.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:10   #15
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

CProducts are hit or miss. I prefer PMAG's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59   #16
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Thanks... I just bought 2 of each C-mag, blackened and stainless. The stainless looks really cool with that bright orange follower though. Maybe I can tape it to the muzzle and OC it in a state park?

Oh... before everyone jumps on me with recommendations, I have 3 Pmags and a Lancer too.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote