GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:57   #21
Doug01

Is there a difference between the KCI and Kahn mags?

Doug
Doug01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:37   #22
TheLastDaze

OK, I sign onto GlockTalk and do a search for 'Victory Mags' and this thread pops up... I wanted opinions on the Victory mags, as I intend to buy 3 right now as I type this....

OK here we go, just bought 3 33rd Victory Mags, they're guaranteed to be 100% as reliable as Glock and to be honest I cannot see any difference other then the Glock logo..

I'll post a review/reply after I've dumped a couple mags..

EDIT: Just to add, I paid $15ea for 33rd mags, also 10% off, with shipping 3 mags total for $55. I won't post where I got them til I try them for myself..

Rob

Ninja Glock, future infrared scope/accessoriesSPF
2 Turtle Doves SOLD!

Last edited by TheLastDaze; 01-06-2010 at 11:51..
TheLastDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 22:46   #23
TheLastDaze

Got my victory mags in today.. OUTSTANDING quality...... Will test them out tomorrow..

2 Turtle Doves SOLD!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:50   #24
MarcusT

I'm not sure who makes them but the korean made 33 round mags that centerfire systems sells are junk. I bought two of them and had at least 10 ftf out of each mag its like the spring isn't strong enough to push the bullets up.
MarcusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:53   #25
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT View Post
I'm not sure who makes them but the korean made 33 round mags that centerfire systems sells are junk. I bought two of them and had at least 10 ftf out of each mag its like the spring isn't strong enough to push the bullets up.
what bullets?
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44   #26
kemet1953

I found that the springs are not of good quality and it do not push up on the follower in order to hold the slide back. The last round is fired and the slide will close, some will think that there may be another round in the chamber but there will not be unless you count your rounds to know for sure. I believe that these mags are only good for training and not for personal defense.

The slide will not stay back when the last round is fired. If you want to take that chance? Well! I have found this same mis function on 15 KCI magazines tested both for the Glock 19 and the Glock 17 KCI magazines.

Good Luck,
kemet1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54   #27
freespirit34
BMFTSY

Got 2 for the 17. No problems with either of them.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17   #28
kemet1953

My experience with the KCI magazines are as follow: I have tested 20 KCI magazines and of the 20 tested I had the same malfunction. Magazines tested were KCI for the Glock 17 and the Glock 19.

15 of the 20 had the same malfunction.

After the last round is fired the slide will not stay in the most rear position. The magazine springs are a very poor quailty and are not durable enough to hold tention against the follower in order to hold the slide back after the last round is fired.

I recommend that until the springs are replaced by KCI, that the use for these magazines should be for training only and not for personal protection.

Good luck to thoses that think otherwise.

Last edited by kemet1953; 01-12-2010 at 09:22..
kemet1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 19:41   #29
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

It ain't like I got $ to throw away, but I'm only puttin' real Glock stuff in that mag hole.
I'm gonna "dance with the one that brung me".
I'm gonna support Glock, not some knock off company.
There ARE parts not made by Glock I'll use, but they are few and far between.
Old 01-12-2010, 20:04   #30
bharen

With factory Glock magazines available just about everywhere for about $20 each why bother with knock-offs?
"At the end of the day the Glock is what it is - an extremely well designed and executed, accurate and utterly reliable combat pistol that is not a 1911. And for many folks that is the unforgivable sin."
bharen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 13:21   #31
TheLastDaze

OK, I've just tried out my 33rd 'Victory' mags.. WOW!!! flawless, side by side they look just like the Glock mags with the exception of a small crease in the side of the mag from molding and of course no 'glock' logo, other then that IDENTICAL stampings, metal linings etc. Outstanding quality finish, spring seems very durable although I haven't taken it apart to compare springs. After loading around 30 rounds the last 3 were a little more difficult. You can load the first 15 by hand with some effort after that you need a speed loader. I had no hiccups at all, I would recommend the Victory mags to anyone who wants hi capacity mags, I bought (3) 33rounders for $15 each compared to Glocks at $45 each, 3 for 1. I'm so impressed with the quality of these mags compared to pro-mag, or kci that I may even buy 15 and 17 rounders if the price is reasonable. I found these mags at ****** Tactical ( sponsor here) they only have them in 33 rds.. Again I'd like to get my hands on some 17's, as I'm sure the fit and finish is the same quality. 33rds is a little excessive but fun to play with and good to know I have them if I ever need them if the sky starts falling...

2 Turtle Doves SOLD!

Old 01-14-2010, 13:25   #32
TheLastDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharen View Post
With factory Glock magazines available just about everywhere for about $20 each why bother with knock-offs?
If I could buy 'Factory' 33rounders for $20 I'd be all over that!!

I'd like to know where you can buy Glock mags for $20? Lowest I've seen is about $23 and that's only at one place so far.

2 Turtle Doves SOLD!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:23   #33
rube12345

Korean Mag Base plate broken

At a shoot last evening I had the baseplate on a Korean mag break.
I ejected the mag with 2 rounds left in it onto a concrete floor at an unheated range and the base plate fractured. The spring shot out and the two rounds spilled out.

I have been running Korean model 17 mags (not sure if Kahn or the other brand as they are not marked with a brand) for a while and have had no problems with feeding. I did swap out to factory glock springs in a couple of them just to try that combo. The one that broke did have a factory glock spring that I bought from Numrich. No failures to feed yet. The mags do seem hard to load at first but the springs do seem to wear in and loading becomes easier.

I'm going to see if stock glock baseplates fit and maybe try running those. None of the glock mags, or the other Korean I was using last night fractured with the same treatment.

rube
rube12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 21:17   #34
cciman

Korean Mag springs lasted me through 4 days of tactical school, after which, slide would not stay open on empty mag (not enough pressure to push the slide stop up). Mag springs then are very much shortened when removed.

I have yet to wear out a Glock mag.

Replace worn springs with Wolf gunspring replacements at ~$5/ea. + shipping and you are just shy of the cost of one Glock factory mag, which last a whole lot longer.

Springs in the "korean" mags were visually much weaker than the Glock or Wolf springs.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:45   #35
Dave Davis

I got 10 KCI mags for my G19 last week and all feed great.. I just ordered 10 more from 44 Mag a sponsor at the top of this page. $9.99 each. Maybe Im sick for getting so many mags , but I just can't pass them up
Dave Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 21:10   #36
TheLastDaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
I got 10 KCI mags for my G19 last week and all feed great.. I just ordered 10 more from 44 Mag a sponsor at the top of this page. $9.99 each. Maybe Im sick for getting so many mags , but I just can't pass them up
now you just need another Glock 9mm to your collection.. to catch up with all your mags.

2 Turtle Doves SOLD!

Old 01-29-2010, 19:38   #37
bigpatvoodoodad

Bought a KCI 31 rounder for my Glock 22. Ran it with 30. I had several failure to feeds. When I reloaded it and tried again there were more failure to feeds. This thing will now be a paperweight. I ran Federal 180 gr ammo I picked up at Walmart.
bigpatvoodoodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:59   #38
LRB2GZ

My 2 Khans for my 17 have been flawless. I think I'll buy 3 19 Khan mags to use with my 23 and conversion barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharen View Post
Because for $5 more you can have 2 more Korean mags. Thats less time reloading at the range, more time shooting, and more money for ammo.
LRB2GZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 20:22   #39
redmanlives

I got another bunch in Friday ,I already have 5 that work great in my G19. For $9.98 you can't go wrong..
redmanlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 15:17   #40
Fanner50
NRA Endowment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
It ain't like I got $ to throw away, but I'm only puttin' real Glock stuff in that mag hole.
I'm gonna "dance with the one that brung me".
I'm gonna support Glock, not some knock off company.
There ARE parts not made by Glock I'll use, but they are few and far between.
Same here. I think my seven 33 round GLOCK magazines average about $23.00 each. That was a couple of years ago and they were on sale, but still, that's what I paid for them. I only use Glock mags in my Glocks. I don't have to wonder if they are going to work or not.