Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-14-2010, 22:19   #21
leadslinger13

Quote:
Originally Posted by uz2bUSMC View Post
Leadslinger,

I'm not sure I understand this part but Im gonna comment anyway. If recoil is the issue then you might have something else to analyze. Sometimes muzzle blast and noise can be distracting similar to recoil. Indoor range lane deviders contribute greatly to feeling the pressure and noise of a hot round being discharged. Doubling up a hearing pro might assist in removing some of the perceived recoil. imo.
It wasn't the sound or blast ... rather improperly gripping the weapon and movement of the weapon and me adjusting my grip. the addition of the a better (familiar) sight picture relieved my eye strain and allowed me to move my focus to my grip. Talon grips allowed me to relax my grip as the gun stopped slipping in my hand. These two additions made all the difference in my shooting enjoyment.
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 18:39   #22
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadslinger13 View Post
It wasn't the sound or blast ... rather improperly gripping the weapon and movement of the weapon and me adjusting my grip. the addition of the a better (familiar) sight picture relieved my eye strain and allowed me to move my focus to my grip. Talon grips allowed me to relax my grip as the gun stopped slipping in my hand. These two additions made all the difference in my shooting enjoyment.
Ahh, gotcha. Glad the issue was resolved.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 22:40   #23
jeremiahjj

Reading this thread brings up a topic I've always wondered about: an offset trigger that's angled to fit the finger better. I look at my trigger finger and find it doesn't "square" with a trigger that's straight up and down. It would fit better if the top of the trigger were tilted to the left and the bottom tip angled to the right slightly. I realize a manufacturer couldn't do this, but a custom trigger designer certainly could. Wishful thinking, I guess...

You really should not criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you'll have a mile head start and his shoes too. :rofl:
jeremiahjj is offline   Reply With Quote