SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2010, 13:44   #1
ManNamedJed

How to prevent primer 'pull back' ?

I recently started loading .40. I have a bunch of range pickup brass as the local cops use our IPSC range. A good portion of it is nickel SPEER.

I'm having a high number of instances where during sizing/depriming, the primer is pulled back into the case. I can usually feel it on the primer seating stage, and pull it out, but a few sneak through. I always get a little freaked out when I find a round with a spent primer when I run them through the case gage - hafta wonder if it means I created a squib.

Lately I've been getting 4-5 per hundred rounds. Does anyone have any ways to prevent this? It seems to happen most with the nickeled Speer (which seem to have kinda loose pockets, as the new primers go in really easy). I think I've had maybe 3 in the last 10,000 rounds of 9mm.

I load with a dillon 650 BTW.

Thanks!
call a shotgun a shottie, call a revolver a wheelgun, call wal-mart wally world, post simply "+1", accuse anyone of kool-aid drinking, use "m4gery", tell you that your gun/ammo is unsafe/junk and instruct you to send it to me immediately, change your words and say I 'fixed it for ya', tell you to move to a gun friendly state, or bust on you for using clip instead of mag.
ManNamedJed is offline   Reply With Quote