Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:25   #1
TedG954

New Arsenal SGL21 Range Report

I took my new Arsenal SLG21 to the range on Saturday. I had some concerns because the test target that came with the rifle wasn't very impressive... 2 shots approximately 6" apart at 25 meters.

I fired a total of 5 magazines (150 rounds) without a single hick-up. The trigger will smooth out in time. The $9.95 steel mags from AIM worked perfectly. The TULA ammunition went off every time I pulled the trigger.

As for accuracy, I was very pleasently surprised. My eyes aren't the same as they used to be, and open sights can get blurry, but I have no complaints about this rifle. At 25 yards, my first group of ten was more than satisfactory. The second group of 30 rounds confirmed it. At 50 yards, the groups stayed within 6", and that's acceptable for me. I did not have to make any adjustments to the sights. They were already zeroed in.

Next range trip will focus (pun intended) on 100 yards.

I am extremely glad I bought this rifle. If you're thinking about one, don't wait too long.

Last edited by TedG954; 02-20-2010 at 09:12..
TedG954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46   #2
Aceman

I wouldn't get to excited about the test target...they probably weren't really trying. I bet that gun can shoot way better than you can! Which is always a good thing.

How did you test fire? free standing, rested, what?
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 16:27   #3
Kcolg

Mine should be here Wednesday. Plan on hitting the range that afternoon.
Old 11-09-2009, 23:16   #4
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Mine didn't come with a test target.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:21   #5
jehu

The test target that came with my SGL21-62 was not to impressive also but when I had time to shoot some liter bottles and gallon milk jugs at 70yds freehand with Golen Bear 123gr I could'nt miss! I haven't had time to do rested target shooting yet but this rifle is more accurate than I had expected rite out of the box.
Old 11-16-2009, 00:02   #6
alfred10

What makes this different than the SGl20-41? Do they take regular ak mags? Why such a good price on them?
alfred10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 19:16   #7
GIockGuy24
Bring M&M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfred10 View Post
What makes this different than the SGl20-41? Do they take regular ak mags? Why such a good price on them?
I believe the different SGL numbers are different calibers.
GIockGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 21:15   #8
Navitimer

Thanks for the range report! AKs get a bad reputation for being innacurate. Are they as accurate in general as an AR? No, but they're pretty darn accurate in my experience. Especially since I use the iron sights exclusively.
Navitimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 22:12   #9
farmer-dave

I got two sgl21's one came with a test target and the other did not. The one that came with the target the bullet holes were just touching each other. I haven't had time to shoot either of them.
farmer-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 22:22   #10
9mm +p+

Congrats! I just ordered a SLR-107F, should be here tomorrow! Can't wait, I've read nothing but good about Arsenal products, except for last years sight fiasco which they fixed. I'll post a range report as soon as I pick mine up as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 15:01   #11
Mofeen

Mine didn't come with a test target as well. I also noticed that my certificate that shows the date of manufacture does not contain the tested accuracy as well. Others seem to have this. Is this normal? Does this mean that they did not sight it in?
Mofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 16:46   #12
JGguns

There is a vid by this guy Nutnfancy at the shot show talking with a arseanl rep (walker english) he was claiming that people are reporting 2" groups at 100 yards with there stamped guns. I am assuming this is off a bench probly with optics. But that is great news as I will be ordering my sgl21 tonight! WOOOT WOOT
Old 03-03-2010, 20:41   #13
Chevytruckin98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGguns View Post
There is a vid by this guy Nutnfancy at the shot show talking with a arseanl rep (walker english) he was claiming that people are reporting 2" groups at 100 yards with there stamped guns. I am assuming this is off a bench probly with optics. But that is great news as I will be ordering my sgl21 tonight! WOOOT WOOT

get on it man!
Old 03-03-2010, 21:33   #14
my762buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGguns View Post
I seen the same video and I know it can be done because I shot even tighter than that out of a standard saiga which even the Arsenal rep said is the base gun they use to assemble the sgl series. This was of course off of sand bags on a bench with a scope mounted and using significantly better ammo than
wolf black box.
my762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19   #15
JGguns

762Buzz, that cool to hear first hand.

Ted keep us posted on that 100 yard range round...