Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2010, 20:35   #1
jesse_james

10mm auto glock bulge

I GET A BULGE AT THE HEAD OF MY FIRED FACTORY AMMO THAT IS STILL PRESESNT AFTER FULL LENGTH RESIZING IN MY DILLON SQUARE DEAL PRESS. I KNOW AN AFTER MARKET BARREL WOULD ELIMINATE THIS AS I AM WAITING FOR MY BAR STO TO GET HERE...14-16 WEEKS IS A LONG WAIT. MEANWHILE I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO ELIMINATE THIS SO MY RELAODS WILL FIT INTO MY CASE GAGES. WHEN I MEASURE THE HEAD THEY ARE .427-.428 INSTEAD OF .425 AND CYCLE AWSOME OUT OF MY G20C W/ STOCK BARREL.... HOWEVER i DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DISCARD THE BRASS WHEN THE BAR STO COMES BECAUSE THE BRASS IS FIRE FITTED TO THE LOOSE GLOCK BARREL. ANY ADVICE?
jesse_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 21:07   #2
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

My advice would be to buy some new brass when you get your new barrel installed. That may sound like a smart ass comment, but it's really not - I have the same dilemma as sooner or later I intend to get a aftermarket barrel for my G29 and noticed the same thing you did - a bulge on the shoulder closer to the rim than the reloading dies can get to. I expect I will have to buy a new shipment of brass to start reloading for my aftermarket barrel - all things considered, it's not that much (last time it cost me $80 for 500 new brass [from topbrass]). I have no ideas on how you would be able to get that last little bit straightened out - but if you do find a way please post it on this thread!
Old 03-18-2010, 21:29   #3
jesse_james

thanks kegs. that looks like what ill have to do i better order my brass now so at least i have it when my barrel gets here lol. there is one way to take care of the problem. THAT IS ON GRAF AND SONS WEBSITE THEY HAVE A COMPLETE PUSH THROUGH SIZING DIE.. HERE IS INFO ON IT.
Product Information

The Redding G-Rx Carbide Base Sizing Die meets the need of the reloader needing to reload brass shot through some of the most popular autoloaders today. These autoloaders, when fired, produce a bulge at the bottom of the brass, which normal sizing dies can not reach and remove, rendering the brass unusable. Simply push the brass through the sizing die and the bulge in the web of the brass is removed. This step fully sizes the brass back within the accepted SAAMI specification for brass diameter. After the brass has been pushed through the die it may be resized in a standard sizing die allowing once unusable brass to be reloaded normally.

The G-Rx Carbide die set comes packaged with a pusher rod which fits into the ram like a shell holder and the unique push through sizing die with lock ring.

To use simply place the brass on top of the pusher rod. Then raise the ram to push the brass entirely through the die. The resized brass is then held in a rebated portion of the die for easy removal.

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD WORK BUT I THINK ILL JUST ORDER THE NEW BRASS CAUSE I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 500 RDS OF BRASS THAT I RECYCLE WITH STOCK BBL. THE REST I WAS SAVING UNTIL I FOUND A SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM. IT SOUND LIKE BOTH WILL WORK BUT I DONT WANT TO INSTAL THAT DIE IN MY PROGRESSIVE. I GUESS IF YOU HAVE A SPARE SINGLE STAGE PRESS THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT ADDITION TO HAVE THIS DIE SET UP IN AND THEN BE READY TO GO THREST OF THE WAY IN THE DILLON... DILLON PRESSES ARE AWSOME BY THE WAY!
Old 03-18-2010, 22:58   #4
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Stop yelling.

That Redding die is for 40 not 10.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 00:19   #5
jesse_james

yes it is meant for a 40 but if you look at how it works a 10 would be just as fine in it because it is just longer! a little more to push through. no diameter diff...
Old 03-19-2010, 02:14   #6
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Redding says it can be done, but you have to run the 10mm. brass through a full length resizing die afterwards.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 16:25   #7
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Redding says it can be done, but you have to run the 10mm. brass through a full length resizing die afterwards.
Nothing like adding another step to a multi-step process...