SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2010, 16:18   #1
Hurricanes

Glock 36 Rental

I have been looking at the Glock 36 for a while. Have held a few of them, but never shot one. After getting out of work this morning I decided I would go rent one at a local range. For ammo I decided 100 rounds would be a nice time out, so I was given PMC Bronze 230 grain FMJ. This wasn't my first time out shooting a large round, I had rented a Sig Sauer GSR 1911, and shot my friends G39. Out the door I had 2 FTF in the first 12 rounds, and had one FTE in one of the final 50 rounds. I believe one of the FTF were my fault as I cycled the slide to feed a round. Even with those small issues I still liked what the G36 had to offer. In the beginning my accuracy wasn't were I wanted it to be. But eventually I fixed my hand placement, and a change in accuracy was very noticeable. At 7 yards my target was swaying back in forth because of the lane I was in (indoor range A/C causing it to move a bit). At around 6 yards it was still, and saw with my comfortable grip on the gun I was able to put some rounds on top of each other. Even trying a few double taps I was able to get them pretty nicely grouped.

At one point I disassembled the 36, and noticed it was almost completely dry. The rails had what to me looked like no lube, and the inside was a bit dirty. Then again this was after firing atleast 50 rounds, so maybe it was clean prior to firing. I did at one point get the dreaded pinky pinch between the mag and grip. It shocked me at first, but realized it was because of my pinky placement. My hands aren't large enough to tuck it under the magazine, but sticking it out I was able to fire accurately and comfortably.

At the end of the trip I can say I was impressed, and pretty much sold on what the G36 has to offer. I hope to pick one up soon, and have much more fun at the range.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote