SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-23-2010, 23:24   #1
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

KC area Meet and Greet/Shoot

If you're new to the thread, SEE POSTS BELOW FOR UPDATE ON TIME & DATE!

Hey all , after seeing suggestions in another thread I am starting this up to see who would be up to a KC area get together/shoot at The Bullet Hole. Couple of things...

1. When?.. I'd like to do it in April. So when works for you guys? Saturdays & Sundays are usually pretty crowded there but might be the best time for everyone although I think week nights would be better as far as crowd goes, and they are open till 9pm so it would probably be the easier/best time for a large group to come in. Need some feedback on this one.

2. I will contact the BulletHole and see if we can get any kind of discounted rate for us here on GT. I would think If we bring in a good amount of folks they'd be more willing to discount. I'll let ya'll know what I find out ASAP.

I'm going to keep a running tally through this thread so if you want in, make sure you say it in your post. I'll also have to keep track in Excel of what usernames want in so once at the range we can verify you're a part of GT and therefore the discount. (if there is one.)

3. Any suggestions/ questions feel free to post on here so if anyone else has the same ? we can all see the answers.

Hope ya'll are up for this, I think it would be good fun.

BE SURE TO TELL YOUR KC AREA GT FRIENDS!

Last edited by ndhill; 04-11-2010 at 23:06..
ndhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 23:30   #2
Gusrattle
'OP'

I would be interested, but the only consistent day I have off is Sunday. I usually have wednesdays off, but that depends on how busy we are at work. If given at least a weeks notice I may be able to pull just about any day off though......
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38   #3
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

After work might be nice.

What do they charge normally?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18   #4
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
After work might be nice.

What do they charge normally?

Range fees are:
$9 for members
$10 for non-members
Old 03-24-2010, 15:41   #5
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
I'm in Topeka but would definitely drive for this. I'm always off sundays but am usually free in the evenings during the week. Let me know if I can help get this going.

Last edited by thejellster05; 03-24-2010 at 15:43.. Reason: cut off
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 14:58   #6
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

okay, well not much response as of yet. What do ya'll think I should do to get the work out to more area GT'ers?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19   #7
NateWarn
RaptusRegaliter

I'd be up for it! They're open until 9pm on weeknights, and as of late have always had plenty of room during the week. Maybe we could just post a time/date, and make it a monthly kind of thing? Might start small, but would take time for the word to get out. Just a thought though.
NateWarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 22:15   #8
betes

Send a message via AIM to betes Send a message via Yahoo to betes
I am definitely in. I will be out of town next weekend (16-18) but any other time I should be able to make. It would be great to meet some people in the area that don't think guns are evil.
betes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 22:50   #9
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alright ya'll let's plan on a date. Let's shoot for Monday night the 26th (4/26/10) @ 6:30PM and we'll plan to stay as long as people are still shooting! (Range closes at 9PM)

Let me know if this works for ya'll. It should be far enough in advance, and I assume monday nights are fairly open for most.

I like the idea of making it a monthly thing. I'll get with you guys this next week on cost/discount info!

Looking forward to it!

p.s. INVITE YOUR GT FRIENDS!

Last edited by ndhill; 04-11-2010 at 22:59..
Old 04-11-2010, 23:00   #10
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
I should be set to go~I'll know 100 percent tomorrow when I check my schedule for that week. -Will post back either way.
Hey, does anyone who is coming have a 26 I can try? I only have a 19 right now and really want to get a 26 for easier concealment.

J/W!
Thanks
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 23:07   #11
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejellster05 View Post
I should be set to go~I'll know 100 percent tomorrow when I check my schedule for that week. -Will post back either way.
Hey, does anyone who is coming have a 26 I can try? I only have a 19 right now and really want to get a 26 for easier concealment.

J/W!
Thanks
You could try my 27. Of course it's a .40 but same size!

Last edited by ndhill; 04-11-2010 at 23:08..
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58   #12
betes

I will definitely be there. Just checked my schedule and the 26th is clear for me. I would love to shoot anything other than a G19, as that and a Ruger .22 are my only guns. I will bring lots of 9mm and anyone who would like to try the 19 is welcome to. See you guys there.
Old 04-12-2010, 16:08   #13
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

I am a definite maybe. I'll be getting back in town Sunday night, so I may be overtaken by events........
Old 04-12-2010, 16:59   #14
NateWarn
RaptusRegaliter

I'm heading to Eureka Springs that whole week, unfortunately! But I'll catch you guys there next month!
NateWarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 20:21   #15
Gusrattle
'OP'

I am a definite maybe....Totally depends on our work load that day as to when I will get off. Hoping to be able to make it there, but may be a bit late if I can make it.
On a secondary note, Is anyone planning on being at the Tea Party at Community America Ballpark this thursday? I will be there and it would be cool to meet up with you guys if anyone else is going.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:39   #16
betes

Any word on a group discount? Also, I have been thinking about picking up a snub .38 lately. If anybody has one I could shoot, that would be much appreciated.
Old 04-16-2010, 17:08   #17
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

bete - if I am there you can try my M36 - just bought it yesterday. Don't have a lot of ammo yet, but I suspect the range will sell me some.

Can someone post a loke to the range web site - I've never been there.

My M36:

Midwest Glockers

Last edited by DustyJacket; 04-16-2010 at 17:09..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05   #18
NateWarn
RaptusRegaliter

Quote:
Can someone post a loke to the range web site - I've never been there
The Bullet Hole
6201 Robinson St.
Overland Park, Kansas 66202

http://www.thebullethole.com/

I unfortunately won't be able to make it to this meet, but am hoping you guys have a great time and schedule one for next month as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 15:52   #19
betes

Quote:
bete - if I am there you can try my M36 - just bought it yesterday. Don't have a lot of ammo yet, but I suspect the range will sell me some.

Can someone post a loke to the range web site - I've never been there.

My M36:

Midwest Glockers
Awesome! I will pick up some ammo later this week as well.
Old 04-19-2010, 16:04   #20
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Although it will take +P, I do not intend to use much in it. I'll be sticking with regular loads. Except for when I carry it and a few practice rounds.

I have enough 130gr FMC to share. I am going to Cabelas at lunch tomorrow to try and locate a box of 148gr HBWC and 158gr SWC for it.

Last edited by DustyJacket; 04-19-2010 at 16:05..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 23:07   #21
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by betes View Post
Any word on a group discount? Also, I have been thinking about picking up a snub .38 lately. If anybody has one I could shoot, that would be much appreciated.
Sorry dude, no word on group discount. Kinda hard getting them to call back. BUT I'm hoping once they see/ meet us they'd be willing to discuss it further. I'll be asking about it tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2010, 16:00   #22
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

If anyone is a member, you can rent the downstairs range for $20/hour, if there are no competitions.
Old 04-20-2010, 16:15   #23
KS Trekker
That Guy

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this thread. I'll try to make it if I can.
KS Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 19:53   #24
betes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhill View Post
Sorry dude, no word on group discount. Kinda hard getting them to call back. BUT I'm hoping once they see/ meet us they'd be willing to discuss it further. I'll be asking about it tomorrow.
Meh, doesn't matter to me either way. I just figured I would ask since you mentioned it.

Quote:
If anyone is a member, you can rent the downstairs range for $20/hour, if there are no competitions.
I called about that the other day and they said it is typically booked a year in advance. Bummer.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:56   #25
ndhill
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by betes View Post
I called about that the other day and they said it is typically booked a year in advance. Bummer.
Which is funny, because EVERY time I'm there no one is downstairs. We'll see when we get there I suppose!

Tags
kansas city