Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2010, 13:50   #1
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
Who Mexican carries their snub?

So, I just got my first snubbie yesterday and I've been trying to find the best way to carry it. The IWB holster I got just doesnt feel comfortable anywhere and adds too much bulk for good concealment. I tried doing pocket carry this morning, but it just didnt feel right too me, plus I think this snubbie is a little too heavy for that.

I'm 6'0" 240lbs. so obviously I've got a little gut in the front. The most comfortable carry position I've found so far is doing mexican carry in a cross draw position at about 10:30 - 11. The gun disappears under just a t-shirt. I keep my belt tight, so the gun is well retained. Only my belt and jeans cover the trigger, but the DA trigger pull on this gun is so heavy, that doesn't really worry me. What other concerns are there about doing mexican carry?

I would still like to be able to carry in a holster too, so I am strongly considering picking up an ankle holster to try that out. I know pocket carry is popular around here, but other than when I am wearing cargo shorts, I think that is out for me. Does anyone have any suggestions on snubbie holsters that have an extreme cant, I think that may help me if I am somehow able to angle the gun so it can ride right under my gut.

Any advice or opinion is greatly appreciated.
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 15:49   #2
Ken43

I don't know where you carried the IWB, but I used to carry my snubbie in a crossdraw IWB holster it was very comfortable and very concealable. If you check, there are several IWB holsters that can be carried either on the strong side or crossdraw.
Ken43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 16:52   #3
Glock 17L
*GLOCKAHOLIC*

You need to find an IWB holster were the clip is offset from the cylinder & this makes the package thinner..
I pocket carry or OWB carry my snubbies, I've got several IWB holsters but have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder that make reaching back to my kidney impossible..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 17L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 16:55   #4
snubfan
Giant Member

The great thing about snubbies is all the ways you can carry. I'm 6' 230 and the majority of the time I carry my 642 in my back right pocket in a Desantis Nemesis.(I do buy jeans with bigger pockets) I also have an ankle holster, a belly band, a Galco Stow and Go(IWB) and use them all.

As far as Mexican carry, I recently put a Clipdraw on my model 60 and the more I use it the more I like it. I'm getting one for my G19.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
snubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 17:09   #5
9jeeps
Fogey

Snub Fan: Quote:
As far as Mexican carry, I recently put a Clipdraw on my model 60 and the more I use it the more I like it. I'm getting one for my G19.[/QUOTE]

I have several Clip draws on Pistols and Snubs. I haven't had to remove them for holsters either, if I watch what I buy.

But most of the time I just stuff my tool in my trousers and go.

One must be careful as there is a lot of negativity toward "Clipdraws" round these parts... Mostly by those who have never used them.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 17:18   #6
DeltaNu1142
Glock talker

I snub Mexicans...?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40   #7
USMC61

Well, I guess I kinda do except my 642 goes in a Nemesis before going in the waist band. Heck I even carry G27 and G36 the same way. Desantis makes the Nemesis for those two pistols. I carry around 1:00 - 1:30 and it works for me.
USMC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 21:14   #8
mo.glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REA9mm View Post
So, I just got my first snubbie yesterday and I've been trying to find the best way to carry it. The IWB holster I got just doesnt feel comfortable anywhere and adds too much bulk for good concealment. I tried doing pocket carry this morning, but it just didnt feel right too me, plus I think this snubbie is a little too heavy for that.

I'm 6'0" 240lbs. so obviously I've got a little gut in the front. The most comfortable carry position I've found so far is doing mexican carry in a cross draw position at about 10:30 - 11. The gun disappears under just a t-shirt. I keep my belt tight, so the gun is well retained. Only my belt and jeans cover the trigger, but the DA trigger pull on this gun is so heavy, that doesn't really worry me. What other concerns are there about doing mexican carry?

I would still like to be able to carry in a holster too, so I am strongly considering picking up an ankle holster to try that out. I know pocket carry is popular around here, but other than when I am wearing cargo shorts, I think that is out for me. Does anyone have any suggestions on snubbie holsters that have an extreme cant, I think that may help me if I am somehow able to angle the gun so it can ride right under my gut.

Any advice or opinion is greatly appreciated.
hi,a holster .com has awsome pocket holsters i use(kydex)or the clipdraw would be fine for a snubbie,they make them in black and stainless,but check out the aholster.com pocket they are very comfy-jeff
Old 06-25-2010, 17:44   #9
Carver

3+ years in the waist, mex carry, 340pd, brahmini (sp?) grips, and TylerT insert.
This combo is the cats meow imo.
Old 06-27-2010, 00:23   #10
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNu1142 View Post
I snub Mexicans...?
The only Mexican I snub is that one named Manuel Labor.

I use Mexican carry for short jaunts like when the wife sends me to pick up the proverbial gallon of milk, but not all that often. I try to carry something with more firepower as a primary, but its a problem depending on the weather and how I'm dressed.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:40   #11
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

I could Mexican carry a Mexican Mexican carrying a snub.
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:04   #12
Straightpipe

I've been known to stick my snub in my waistband when I'm going to another part of the house and my hands are tied up carrying other things but I would never trust leaving the house like that. No retention whatsoever, one weird movement stepping around, over, or having to run or jump and its on the ground. I suggest either getting a good holster whether it be iwb, owb, ankle or pocket and using it as it was intended, not a pocket holster shoved in your waistband, or go on and start preparing your story for when it flops out on the ground in public. As for the clipdraw, I can slightly see its application when it comes to a double action revolver but I've broke several screens in cellphones in my pockets before from running into corners of chairs and such and my luck it would catch the trigger with just enough force to fire the weapon. As far as clipdraw on a G19,, I'll keep an eye out for the thread about somebody loosing their pecker.
Old 07-11-2010, 14:52   #13
notsobigal

I frequently mexican carry my 642 but I first put it in a cheap uncle mikes owb holster with the clip removed, covers the trigger and keeps it cleaner. I sometimes mexican carry about four o-clock with the grip pointing forward, more comfortable to sit down.
notsobigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:36   #14
RedDevil

Barami and Tyler almost all the time.
Big Dawg #1100
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 18:12   #15
1911austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Barami and Tyler almost all the time.
I'm about to add these to my new M&P 340.
Old 07-21-2010, 18:15   #16
betes

Send a message via AIM to betes Send a message via Yahoo to betes
I don't think I could ever feel comfortable carrying like that.
betes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:28   #17
jtull7
Pistolero

You Einsteins want to shoot your dick off? Or shoot your femoral artery, so you'll bleed out way before the fastest ambulance can get there?

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 20:15   #18
1911austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtull7 View Post
You Einsteins want to shoot your dick off? Or shoot your femoral artery, so you'll bleed out way before the fastest ambulance can get there?
The trigger on my M&P 340 is a very hard and long pull. I think it will be okay. Worry about you own dick.
Old 07-23-2010, 18:02   #19
GreyEclipse
TheGreyEclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by betes View Post
I don't think I could ever feel comfortable carrying like that.
Me neither. Why would you want to? A decent holster is a must...
Or at least a deep pocket with some sort of gun retention in the bottom...
Kalashnikov Klub Member-761
RTN Club Member-171-Moonie
GreyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 23:49   #20
Glock 17L
*GLOCKAHOLIC*

You gotta have a holster, not using one is asking for trouble..

The whole area seems to have been very slow lately & the only club doing anything is Kahr

Snubbies are the greatest carry guns on the planet & this area of the forum should be hopping with threads every day!!

Snubbies & Holsters
The Snubbie Club
Glock 17L is offline   Reply With Quote