Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:45   #1
Neal40

new to carrying hk45c

I've got a V1 hk45c, I carry IWB shirt tucked in. My last carry weapon was a p12.45LDA with shaved hammer, i carried it chambered with the thumb safety on, but was very comfortable with thumb safety off as well. Should it be carried chambered hammer back with safety on or should i chamber a round then press the decocker for carry? I wouldn't be comfortable carrying tucked in with the hammer back and no safety. Also I'm new to this decocker I know it wont fire but I live in a neighborhood and haven't wanted to test it in my house. I guess I'll get more comfortable with it at the range. thanks for any advise.
Neal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 20:59   #2
majette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal40 View Post
I've got a V1 hk45c, I carry IWB shirt tucked in. My last carry weapon was a p12.45LDA with shaved hammer, i carried it chambered with the thumb safety on, but was very comfortable with thumb safety off as well. Should it be carried chambered hammer back with safety on or should i chamber a round then press the decocker for carry? I wouldn't be comfortable carrying tucked in with the hammer back and no safety. Also I'm new to this decocker I know it wont fire but I live in a neighborhood and haven't wanted to test it in my house. I guess I'll get more comfortable with it at the range. thanks for any advise.
v1 you can carry decocked with a round chambered, you will just have the long da pull for the first shot. or you can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. it depends on the manual of arms you are accustomed to or want to train to.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:35   #3
MSgt Dotson

Most HK variants also allow for the pistol to be decocked with safety 'on' as well....
MSgt Dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55   #4
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Carry how you feel comfortable. The HK45C can be carried...

Cocked and locked (hammer back, SA, safety on)

Decocked (hammer down, DA, safety off)

Decocked and locked (hammer down, DA, safety on)

In addition, once you find one method that works for you and decide you want to keep it that way you can swap the detent plate to remove the function that you don't use. For instance, if you choose to go C&L it can be converted to V9 which will remove decocking function of the control lever.

I carry my USP's in V1 decocked with the safety off. This means draw and depress trigger to fire. My reason for doing so is it becomes the same approach as the Glocks I usually carry.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:15   #5
Neal40

Thanks for all the good info, I'll put some drawing practice in at the range this weekend!
Neal40 is offline   Reply With Quote