Garand Match (other rifles welcome) Fairfax Rod & Gun Sept. 18
John C. Garand Match, Saturday September, 18
Register at the Benson range at 8:00am, squadding at 8:30, firing begins at 9:00. The entry fee is $10.00, 50% of the entry fees will be returned as awards. Award amounts and categories will be commensurate with the number of entries. Competitors may use any as-issued U.S. service rifle including the M1 Garand, M1903 Springfield, M1917 Enfield, M1941 Johnson or .30 Cal. M1 Carbine. Rifles must have standard stocks and be equipped with military-type web or leather slings. COURSE OF FIRE 45 rounds total, 5 sighting shots and 40 shots for record, fired at the 200-yard line on the SR1 target.
STAGE 1, 5 sighting shots and 10 shots for record, prone position, slow fire, time limit 15 minutes.
Stage 2, 10 shots for record, prone, rapid fire, time limit of 80 seconds.
Stage 3, 10 shots for record, sitting or kneeling, rapid fire, time limit 70 seconds.
Stage 4, 10 shots for record, standing position, slow fire, time limit 10 minutes.
NOTE: Ammo will NOT be provided.
Questions? Need more information? E-mail: Alan Willard firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tom Edmonston email@example.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:09 PM
Subject: Garand/Springfield/Vintage Rifle Match - Sat. 9/18 FXR&GC
I have received a bunch of e-mails and some phone calls inquiring about the Garand match at Fairfax Rod & Gun Club on Saturday, Sept. 18. So, I am sending you the match information earlier than usual. The match bulletin is attached.
Here is some information that you should know:
* This match is open to all - you do NOT have to be a member of Fairfax Rod & Gun Club to shoot this match
* Registration begins at 8:00am, squadding is at 8:30, please be on time
* Bring your own ammo, ammo is not available and will NOT be provided
* The entry fee is $10 as usual
* 50% of the entry fees will be returned as prizes ($)
* There will be two categories eligible for awards ($), as-issued Garands and Vintage military rifles
* If your Garand is glass-bedded, has a national match barrel or sights etc. you may compete as "out of competition" i.e. you are shooting for fun and are ineligible for awards ($)
* All firing will be on the SR1 target for all 4 stages
* The first stage is 5 sighting shots in any position and 10 shots for record in the prone position - see the attached bulletin for info regarding the subsequent 3 stages
* There will be no sighting shots between stages, only the first 5 shots during the first stage - see above
* There will be NO alibis or re-fires
* Scoring will be done in the pits
* If you do not have a Garand or Vintage rifle to shoot, you will be permitted to shoot your AR or whatever, but you are ineligible for awards ($)
* Food and potable water is NOT available at the range, bring snacks and drinks
* All competitors and observers MUST wear eye and ear protection during live fire
* Bring a staple gun for replacing targets
* Please bring exact change
* Please bring a good attitude and be prepared to have fun!
I will send out a reminder e-mail about a week before the match.
If you have any questions, shoot me an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there,