Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-08-2010, 15:52   #1276
KaPPaBaLL
MemberScratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
Thought I'd throw up a pic of my very first round through my G17 wearing the timberwolf Proto127. I was re-using a rifle target, and the only shot I took on this one was the pink in the center...the other are 325 WSM rifle rounds...

No matter who you are, it always feels good to hit a bullseye!

Sponsor Showcase
any close ups of your pistol with the lonewolf frame? I honestly didn't like how the OD green one posted above looked.
Old 09-08-2010, 16:23   #1277
KaPPaBaLL
MemberScratcher

all these concerns are making me shy away from the product.. eh maybe next time.
Old 09-08-2010, 18:55   #1278
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

It takes a little trial and error to make something work. I am hoping they get the bugs worked out cause I want one for a Mech Tech CCU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 20:19   #1279
juicespeare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaPPaBaLL View Post
any close ups of your pistol with the lonewolf frame? I honestly didn't like how the OD green one posted above looked.
Don't let the "Alligator Mouth" turn you off. I've already fixed mine. A heat gun or hair dryer and some pressure fixes that issue, just like the "Pig Nose" problem with Glock frames. My OD green Glock OEM frame had pig nose so bad that the front of the dust cover/rail touched the slide and rubbed every time I shot it. This is the other extreme. I also fixed that with a hair dryer and pressure.

Just takes maybe 30 minutes and some trial and error heating and applying pressure to the frame dust cover/rail area in the direction you want it to move. You could probably fix it in 5 minutes if you aren't as careful as I am. I always work on something in little increments so I don't over do things.

The tight mags took much more time to fix and JR has already stated this problem was with some of the proto frames and will not be an issue with the final product.

I'm pretty pleased now with how mine turned out. The Cerakote is very tough as we heated it with a hair dryer at first and then with a heat gun today and applied pressure and the Cerakote looks no different than after I initially painted it. It's tough stuff and flexes with the frame. That's one of the reasons to use Cerakote besides the heat resistance. It's a very flexible finish.
juicespeare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 20:24   #1280
KaPPaBaLL
MemberScratcher

I guess after a few more range reports and some trial and error from other good folks out there I could give it a try. For now I'll standby. Thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 20:55   #1281
juicespeare1

Here are some updated pics of the frame dust cover/rail area after fixing.

These were taken just now with my phone's camera.

Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Sponsor Showcase

Last edited by juicespeare1; 09-08-2010 at 20:57..
Old 09-09-2010, 10:31   #1282
hunt_ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaPPaBaLL View Post
This is all I have for now. When I return from work, I'll take some better pics...
Sponsor Showcase

I was having major issues with the compensator on there, so I did most of my shooting with it removed, and it cured all my issues. I also have it featured about halfway through this video that I did for a contest entry on youtube if you wanted another look...sorry the vid kinda sucks, but you can get a peek here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpV3nKx8JHo
--On Lady Gaga
hunt_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:59   #1283
KaPPaBaLL
MemberScratcher

Those look real good guys. Juice- those picture gave the OD green justice.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:56   #1284
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

JR, really impressed with what I have seen so far for the WolfPack frame. Question, with you manufacturing your frame, as you stated earlier, you can do pretty much what we want with the grip. My question is in the future is there a possiblility of hybrid type frames being made as a custom item. I am patiently awaiting the G19/23 sized frames for sure but I have a design I would ask you to consider. The G19/23 frame with the G17/22 mag length in the grip area only. Keeping the same barrel length, dust cover area, but with the longer grip. Not sure how many folks here would like to see something like that, but I would for sure pick up two. This could also lead to a G17/22 sized frame with the G19/23 length grip as well. This is why I was wondering if in the future a custom ordered frame to these specs might be possible.

PS if you decide you would like to test a frame like that let me know I will gladly pay for it and run the obligitory 2000+ rounds through it for ya. Thanks TXPO.
Certified M&P LE Armorer
www.ColdBoreCustom.com "DUMP THE HUMP"

Last edited by TexasPOff; 09-11-2010 at 08:03..
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 18:21   #1285
Goodspeed(TPF)

My experience so far.

I have only 400 rounds through my frame as of now as my rear rails are uneven and the slide actually binds when fully rearward. It's so bad the striker is cutting a grove in one side of the trigger bar cruciform due to the offset. I'll get some pics up when I get back home. I also have the mag release and back strap problem as well so this particular frame is pretty much un-useable as-is. To end on a high note however I do like the feel of the frame with the "arched" backstrap and the relief under the trigger guard and "beavertail" are greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting one that works well to try out. J.R. How do I go about getting a different frame to replace this one? Thanks. -Goodspeed
Goodspeed(TPF) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 22:13   #1286
bel970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspeed(TPF) View Post
I have only 400 rounds through my frame as of now as my rear rails are uneven and the slide actually binds when fully rearward. It's so bad the striker is cutting a grove in one side of the trigger bar cruciform due to the offset. I'll get some pics up when I get back home. I also have the mag release and back strap problem as well so this particular frame is pretty much un-useable as-is. To end on a high note however I do like the feel of the frame with the "arched" backstrap and the relief under the trigger guard and "beavertail" are greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting one that works well to try out. J.R. How do I go about getting a different frame to replace this one? Thanks. -Goodspeed
yours sounds like mine. mine would barely run in 9mm, lots of issues. no problems with .40 and .357sig but shells were still landing at my feet and not throwing as far to the right as I'd like them. but it does feel good.
bel970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56   #1287
figgy1682

I was really thinking about buying one of these frames and building my own glock just to do it, but after hearing the issues with the frame rails and back straps makes me think twice. has lone wolf fixed these issues yet or are they still on going problems.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20   #1288
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgy1682 View Post
I was really thinking about buying one of these frames and building my own glock just to do it, but after hearing the issues with the frame rails and back straps makes me think twice. has lone wolf fixed these issues yet or are they still on going problems.
Both problems have been fixed. I received my new back straps Friday and can tell you that JR. definitely improved them. He's still working on an improved mag release.
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48   #1289
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
We will consider custom frames after we produce the standard frames. I agree, there may be a market for a 17 length slide on a 19 frame. We sell a lot of conversions as it is, maybe a frame will do as well? http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=255

The grip issue seems to be isolated but it was easily resolved. If you experienced problems with the grips unlocking you need to contact me for replacements.

Our improved round mag release (prototype) is in use now. This modified version will function equally well in both the TimberWolf frame and Glock factory pistols.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:44   #1290
juicespeare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
We will consider custom frames after we produce the standard frames. I agree, there may be a market for a 17 length slide on a 19 frame. We sell a lot of conversions as it is, maybe a frame will do as well? http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=255

The grip issue seems to be isolated but it was easily resolved. If you experienced problems with the grips unlocking you need to contact me for replacements.

Our improved round mag release (prototype) is in use now. This modified version will function equally well in both the TimberWolf frame and Glock factory pistols.
JR, can you send me a new mag release button? I also had a problem today with my flat back strap coming loose during reloads so can I get one of those too? I don't use the curved back strap but if you have a new one of those, I'd like to try it also

Last edited by juicespeare1; 09-12-2010 at 12:45..
Old 09-12-2010, 13:50   #1291
mvician
Lifetime Membership

Quote:

To all of you expressing concerns.......these are PROTOTYPE frames, the "issues" are being reported so that improvements can be made. Not everyone has had all of these "issues" with their frames.
Old 09-12-2010, 14:09   #1292
JR
GT Sponsor

No, I cant send anybody a MR yet. It will be 2 to 3 weeks before regular production.

If you want a grip you need to email me the correct mailing info. I don't think juicespeare1@GT.com will ever arrive?

Mvician: Well said! FYI: I quit trying to explain that one.

Last edited by JR; 09-12-2010 at 14:12..
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 14:34   #1293
kylebakner

Pototypes are PROTOTYPES.....as in, they're not expected to be perfect from the start.....I would hope everyody would understand that from the start.

I think JR made a gutsy move putting the beta frames out there.....which is gonna pay off with a better product in the end...

Kyle
kylebakner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 14:35   #1294
figgy1682

Quote:

ok it sounded like all the frames were having these problems with the mr and the back straps. how about the frame rails? are they still giving problems or has that been resolved also?
Old 09-12-2010, 16:05   #1295
juicespeare1

Quote:
No, I cant send anybody a MR yet. It will be 2 to 3 weeks before regular production.

If you want a grip you need to email me the correct mailing info. I don't think juicespeare1@GT.com will ever arrive?

Mvician: Well said! FYI: I quit trying to explain that one.
Email with my mail address sent to jshepard@lonewolfdist.com
Old 09-12-2010, 19:24   #1296
WDN

Quote:
ok it sounded like all the frames were having these problems with the mr and the back straps. how about the frame rails? are they still giving problems or has that been resolved also?
Problem solved back on page 49:

Quote:
Seems some of the rail issues are more predominate than others. We had not investigated until it was brought up by a couple of you guys.

The issue was caused because the first rails were machined & the proto production were stamped. The holding fixture would sometimes interfere with the rounded part of the inside bend on the stamped rails. This was not an issue with machined rails.

Like I said, this issue is corrected for sure now.
I look forword to seeing the new mag release.
Old 09-15-2010, 19:11   #1297
kylebakner

Feel of the frame is fantastic...but I have the uneven rail issue....

The fired cases keep hitting me in the head, I think due to the slide binding on the uneven rails and running out of "ommpfh" before the case hits the ejecter....but at the 80th round,
the mag popped out of the gun and a shell stovepiped:

Sponsor Showcase

Closer look:

Sponsor Showcase

About 2 or three rounds latter the mag PARTIALLY came out and another stove pipe:

Sponsor Showcase

Closer look:

Sponsor Showcase

Mags are stock factory Glock. Ammo is factory Remington 115gr hardball....

I swapped the top end off the pistol and put the stock Glock frame back on....I ran 1 partial mag (what was left in the mag after the stove pipes in the LW frame) and 1 full mag through the stock Glock. No problems, and the empties ejected in a regular pattern over my
right shoulder. (Not hitting me in the head. :-) )

JR, I LOVE the feel of the frame...and I think the mag dropping issue can be fixed.....

Any chance that the guys that got the uneven rails guns could swap for frames with good rails? I'd be more than willing tocover shipping, handleing, and other costs.....

Thanks,
Kyle
kylebakner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 22:34   #1298
rsm688

I need both a mag release and grip replacements, I used a little superglue to keep my grip piece in place for the mean time. Can I just wait and have you send both the grips and the MR at the same time? Figured itd save yall on shipping too.

Other than those two problems my frame is doing great at around 3000 rounds now

-spencer-
rsm688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:45   #1299
JR
GT Sponsor

I will post here in this thread when the new MR are ready
Old 09-16-2010, 16:15   #1300
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebakner View Post
Feel of the frame is fantastic...but I have the uneven rail issue....

The fired cases keep hitting me in the head, I think due to the slide binding on the uneven rails and running out of "ommpfh" before the case hits the ejecter....but at the 80th round,
the mag popped out of the gun and a shell stovepiped:

Sponsor Showcase

Closer look:

Sponsor Showcase

About 2 or three rounds latter the mag PARTIALLY came out and another stove pipe:

Sponsor Showcase

Closer look:

Sponsor Showcase

Mags are stock factory Glock. Ammo is factory Remington 115gr hardball....

I swapped the top end off the pistol and put the stock Glock frame back on....I ran 1 partial mag (what was left in the mag after the stove pipes in the LW frame) and 1 full mag through the stock Glock. No problems, and the empties ejected in a regular pattern over my
right shoulder. (Not hitting me in the head. :-) )

JR, I LOVE the feel of the frame...and I think the mag dropping issue can be fixed.....

Any chance that the guys that got the uneven rails guns could swap for frames with good rails? I'd be more than willing tocover shipping, handleing, and other costs.....

Thanks,
Kyle
My rails are uneven also. I had to polish them to get the slide to run smooth. The other problem I have with the uneven rails is the slide rubbing against the trigger bar where it turns 90 degrees in to the trigger housing. While the trigger is held back, and the slide is returning foreword, the trigger bar raises up and rubs the slide. I checked my other Glocks and they come close but, do not rub. After Goodspeed mentioned his cruciform starting to get a groove, I checked mine and see the same thing. He didn't say but, I bet his is on the right side also. Fortunately, this problem was fixed for future frames.