Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:42   #1
rsb5772

What would you have done?

Some friends of mine ended up in the hospital after the Texans/Cowboys game yesterday. They were tailgating, and some guys fa few cars down were throwing a football. It hit their BBQ pit a couple times, so one friend asked them to move down further or throw in a diff direction. I know that these friends (1 lady, 2 guys in late 30's) are not confrontational people by no means, and would not have said anything to provoke anything. Shortly after, the ball broke out a window on their truck. One friend picked up the ball, let the air out, and handed it back. Once he did, the guy yelled out "4 Horseman" and several guys came running, and commenced to hitting/kicking all three friends. Cops came, 3 guy arrested, 3 friends in hospital.

I know that my friends don't have CHL's, and if I hadn't been called into work, I would have been there with them, along with my G30 and one extra mag. It has had me thinking a lot about what I would have done, had I been there. I don't know how many guys came running, but I know one of my friends had three guys on him. One thing I thought about was, how many guns would have come out, if mine had.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the situation, had you been there, with your concealed handgun.

Thanks.
rsb5772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:12   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

rsb, the short-answer format in GATE doesn't lend itself to "what if" scenario discussions, I'm afraid. There will be multiple, branching issues such as disparity of force, carrying in environments where heavy drinking and rowdiness are sometimes the norm, the legality of carrying at a sporting event in a given jurisdiction, etc. This is the sort of question for which you want a broad spectrum of perspectives anyway. I'd suggest you post it in Tactics and Training or Carry Issues. Will look forward to seeing what develops there.

With sincere best wishes for your friends' complete recovery from their injuries,

Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote