Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2010, 22:55   #1
Glocknload 19

S&W Bodyguard 38 SPL.

Mas, What are your thoughts on this weapon vs. the S&W M&P 340. I know the M&P is chambered for .357 as well, but if just carrying 38 +p's are they close as far as felt recoil. Is the built in Insight laser worth the extra money or is the M&P with a CT laser a better way to go. (I'm not sure how Insight compares to CT as far as lasers go). I heard Smith was having issues with the Bodyguard 380, but I'm sure the revolver is solid. Just trying to be careful and get the most for my money. Thanks, Don
Glocknload 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 23:06   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Apples and Oranges, bro. The 340 M&P is a pricey gun that delivers superior sights as well as the .357 option; the Bodyguard seems to be geared more for the economy market. Recoil is similar with the same loads, in my subjective opinion.

The CT LaserGrip is much faster to activate than the top-of-the-gun push button on the Bodyguard .38. Of course, it also costs more money.

If you get the new Bodyguard .38 (I'm not talking about the proven old J-frame Bodyguard series that has been street-proven since 1955), be careful when you close the cylinder to index it locked with one chamber in line with the firing pin. On one I've tested, it's possible if the cylinder is closed with the firing pin between chambers and cartridges, to get a "click" instead of a "bang" on the first pull of the trigger. The M&P's trigger pull also seems distinctly better.

You will, however, save a good deal of money on the Bodyguard .38 that comes with InSight laser sight.

Classic example of "ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice," IMHO.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:24   #3
Glocknload 19

I know that's right cause I've heard you say that a time or two before! I think I''ll go with the M&P with the CT laser. I have the extra money and can finally afford my first choice instead of settling for something lesser, not being happy with it, trading it off, and losing my _ _ _ on the trade! and then trying to recoup enough financially to buy my first choice. Thanks again Mas. Are you planning any classes or instruction of any kind in the Tampa, Florida area. I attended your LFI 1 and 2 in Pinellas Park, and Ruskin. Most interesting and informative instruction I've had to date. Thanks, Don
Glocknload 19 is offline   Reply With Quote