Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 02:25   #1
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

XL650 tweaking done

Well, I got some time today and got all my little enhancements done on the XL650.
Completed were the Uniquetek micrometer powder measure dial, powder baffle and toolhead clamp down kit (toolhead now held down with allen cap screws). Modified shellplate detent ball spring (cut 2/3 of a coil) and shellplate thrust bearing add-on to make the shellplate movement even smoother. Redding 9mm competition seating die and decided to add the RCBS lock-out die at the third station in the process to make it complete. I zeroed the seating die at 1.130 OAL and found that the micrometer powder dial was right at .5 on the scale with my standard 4.1g (4.12 average of 10) TG charge.
Ran 300 rounds, the first 200 taking my time just to insure all the bugs were worked out (none other than a couple of .380 cases got past me in the cull, but to my surprise the case dimension is enough that the powder charge volume raised in the case was caught by the RCBS lock-out die) then did the last 100 at what I would consider to be normal pace, timed out to be just a shade over 6 minutes. I have to say that I am very pleased.
Here are the pictures as promised though I apologize for the rather low quality as all I had was the cellphone.
Attached Thumbnails
Reloading - Click for larger version   Reloading - Click for larger version   Reloading - Click for larger version   Reloading - Click for larger version   Reloading - Click for larger version  

Reloading - Click for larger version  
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 05-30-2011 at 17:46..
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote