Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2010, 00:54   #1
anderson88

glock 22 holster options

Im 5'11" 145 pounds (tall and skinny) and I was thinking about getting a blackhawk serpa. Im not sure if i would be able to conceal it under a long shirt, or if i would have to go with a IWB holster. Ive seen some IWB holsters that look comfortable, but they dont secure the gun. What do you guys think would work the best for me?
anderson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:53   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

An inside the waistband holster will generally conceal significantly better than an outside the waistband. While most are open top, you can get the added security of a thumb-break with Richard Nichols' design, the #3 Pistol Pocket, from Bianchi. Galco and other companies make similar designs. You'll have maximum comfort with pants 2" larger in the waistband than usual.

best of luck,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:34   #3
anderson88

I will look in to those suggestions, thanks Mas. Does anyone have any experience with these holsters? I wouldent want to buy a holster that looks like it will work, just to find out it digs into my leg. I want to get something that real costomers vouch for, thats why Im on GT. Im sure Mas aint the only glock owner and that more of you carry.
Old 10-29-2010, 13:14   #4
anderson88

Bianchi's #3 pistol pocket holster is my #1 pick so far. I just cant tell if the gun will slowly rotate to an awkward angle (the belt loop looks like it doesnt lock) after wearing it all day, or if the leather will retain its shape (so i can put the gun back in the holster). The galco SC2 prevents me from adjusting the angle of the gun, that appears to be its only draw back. If anyone has used the Bianchi holster, please give me your opinion.
Old 10-29-2010, 19:43   #5
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

I've had good luck with the #3 since they came out, but not all of us are built alike or have the same preferences.

Anderson, this would probably be a useful thread to open in the Concealed Carry section of GT. You'll get lots more input there.

Best of luck,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 23:54   #6
anderson88

It appears ive yet to scrole past the glock talk section. lol
can a mod delete this for me asap? thanks