GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-20-2010, 18:53   #1
DoctaGlockta

What have you done this week 2011 to prepare?

Happy early New Year Gentlemen!

We are close to the end of 2010. Wondering what plans some have for 2011?

I'm going to work on my skill sets in 2011. Probably get a pilots license or begin working towards it. My partner is a commercial pilot so he can hook me up with a great instructor and plan.

- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by DoctaGlockta; 12-20-2010 at 20:56..
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 19:01   #2
bdcochran

This week

I finished listing MAC10 parts, Ruger Mini 14 parts, Ruger .45 single action parts, and Remington 700 bdl coyler magazines on web sites this am. I am downsizing the parts. Sold some HK91/G3 items this am by internet. I decided to set aside about 12 assorted .45 auto barrels for a future gun show. It is too much of a hassle to have to answer emails about match barrels.

I finished going through the extra tools and putting them aside for my older brother who just retired. I don't mind keeping doubles on tools, but triples are too much. He will also pick up some cases of 38 special reloads from me. I finally decided no more reloads, just factory ammo in the future.

I ordered completion screws for a half dozen 870/1100 sidesaddles that will be sold at gun shows.

I have disposed of the equivalent of the a three car garage of personal items this year. I had planned to do it later in life, but the opportunity has presented itself. Any cash generated has gone into other preps.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 19:41   #3
jokeruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Wondering what plans some have for 2010?
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year.
"At root, belief preservation is the tendency to make evidence subservient to belief, rather than the other way around. Put another way, it is the tendency to use evidence to preserve our opinions rather than guide them." -Tim van Gelder
jokeruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 20:57   #4
DoctaGlockta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeruh View Post
If someone has plans for 2010 that have not been executed, then they had better hurry.

On a different note, this is stupid to start this thread almost 2 weeks before the new year.

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 12-20-2010, 20:58   #5
DoctaGlockta

Quote:

Who died and made you the date Gestapo?

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 12-20-2010, 20:59   #6
Akita
gone

Quote:

Vanity if you ask me.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 21:15   #7
Cajunmudman

Planted an Owari Satsuma tree out back. Along with growing straberry patch and pepermint plants. Once the blackberries are planted, we will have nearly year round fruit, berries and tea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cajunmudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 21:50   #8
Grayson

Survival/Preparedness Forum
I've used my handy TARDIS to jump ahead to 2011 and get started on my 2011 preps over 10 days early, w00t! :D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
and
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800

Last edited by Grayson; 12-20-2010 at 22:05..
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 22:37   #9
jokeruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Who died and made you the date Gestapo?
Glenn Beck did

"At root, belief preservation is the tendency to make evidence subservient to belief, rather than the other way around. Put another way, it is the tendency to use evidence to preserve our opinions rather than guide them." -Tim van Gelder
Old 12-20-2010, 22:39   #10
jokeruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
Vanity if you ask me.
That's what I was thinking
Old 12-20-2010, 22:40   #11
jokeruh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
I've used my handy TARDIS to jump ahead to 2011 and get started on my 2011 preps over 10 days early, w00t! :D

Old 12-20-2010, 23:24   #12
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:

Since yer kinda new,we have a contest every year in the S/P as ta whom would start the next years thread.

Granted someone jumped the shark.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 23:32   #13
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Buying a New Jeep Wrangler 4 door & a few more `smaller` "toys".....Improving my money making skills...
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 23:53   #14
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

In a few months, I will cut down my expenses so I can put more into savings... or toys... or precious metals like gold and lead encased in brass.

No special preps more than what I have already been doing all along buying dry goods, MRE, Mountain House cans, and water. Not too worried about gas. There are 2 gas stations within a few blocks that I am going to loot as soon as it gets to that point.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 00:40   #15
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 17:12   #16
nightwolf1974

we bought bee-keeping and candle making starters kits for my mother for x-mas. i bought some more Fed. 22lr. & Wolf 9mm ammo. bought a crank up lantern for my gf for x-mas. bought my sister a compound bow for x-mas. bought some more AR and 1911 parts. bought a SA GI ss 1911A1 & RIA Tactical for myself. bought more lures for my gf for x-mas. since the dates are being played with here, this is all in Dec.
Old 12-21-2010, 17:28   #17
g27_mengi

Been a long time since I've responded here. Years, I think.

What have I been doing? I'll recap, quickly:

1. Selling crap I don't need (a constant process)
2. Getting my soul in shape, and trying to be more like this Jesus guy... (I suck at this, but I'm trying)
3. Getting my body in shape: 3 half-marathons last year and uncounted hours and hours with the iron and the bicycle.

Hope all of you have been well, and hope each and every one of you are blessed with peace this fine Christmas season.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:51   #18
DoctaGlockta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Since yer kinda new,we have a contest every year in the S/P as ta whom would start the next years thread.

Granted someone jumped the shark.'08.
'Jumped the shark'? or 'Prepared'? - This is a preparedness forum correct?

- Barack Hussein Obama
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34   #19
JK-linux

Final payments on my Discover and Master Cards to zero out the year. Sold off last of my odd caliber firearms. Looking into getting a nice simple 3 month stash of food/water set aside. I'd say I'm quitting smoking on the first of the year, but that would jinx it.
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:58   #20
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Can you count reading and research as preps? That's been what I've been doing most of. Trying to get that age-old question answered, "where do I start?"

Thinking of doing a garden this year. There's obvious cost savings and ability to feed in a crisis issues there, but also I thought it would be a fun thing to do with my son who will be four in May. We also have a baby due in May so a few extra pennies here and there wouldn't hurt.

I really just need to organize. I read a lot of these threads and when it comes to the basics, I'm always saying "Hey I have that/those." But we live in a small house with bad storage so the crap that I do have is scattered around, unorganized.

So I need to organize, prioritize, take inventories, etc. I also have a buttload of stuff I need to peddle off in a garage sale or other venue. And if baby #2 turns out to be a girl (which we found out in 3.5 hours today), I'll have a ton of boys' clothes and toys I can throw into that garage sale pile.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote