SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2008, 16:31   #1
Eric
Big Giant Head

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver

Hi folks. JR, from Lone Wolf Distributing, contacted me recently about a new series of Glock polymer receivers they are producing. He asked if we would like to have this new product announced here on GT first. This is the first big product release ever announced first on our site and I am excited about this product. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

At any rate, there isn't much info available on the receiver yet, but JR sent me a screen capture of a catalog page on the receiver that will be released soon. Here it is:

The SHOT ShowCase

To make the picture bigger, click on the image and then click on the '+' symbol, in the upper left corner of the viewing window, to enlarge it. EP

Here is the text deswcription, from the catalog page:

Quote:
Based on decades of experience with Glock pistols and feedback from thousands of shooters, Lone Wolf Distributors proudly presents the first of the Wolf Pack Series of custom replacement Glock polymer frames. Rather than "tweaking" the factory Glock frame, Lone Wolf R&D began with the human hand, designing Wolf Pack frames for maximum ergonomic efficiency, speed and certainty in handling and enhancement of instinctive pointing characteristics. Whether employed as a replacement frame of an existing Glock, or used as a superb chassis for building a totally custom pistol, from Lone Wolf Distributors' quality parts and accessories, this frame creates a vastly improved mating between the shooter and the handgun.

Feather-light and tank-tough, it offers the smallest grip circumference possible - not just for small hands, but for all hands - sculpted to encourage a fast, high grip, with an extended beavertail to eliminate 'slide bite'. The round, improved magazine release speeds ejection, while the flared and beveled mag well aids in rapid reloads. Two interchangeable back straps offer either a flatter 1911-style grip, or a palm swell, and refined finger grooves allow subtle adjustment of grip alignment. Posi-trac checkering grip alignment front and rear make for a solid grasp under wet conditions and rapid-fire recoil. The rounded trigger guard smoothes reholstering. Finally, a protected slide stop prevents accidental engagement, and the multi-spec rail system allows a mounting of either Picatinny or Weaver accessories.

Refined, rugged, and ready for the most imaginative and demanding shooters, the Wolf Pack series matches up with Glock models 17, 17L, 22, 24, 31, 34 35. Contact Lone Wolf today and let your imagination run wolf-wild!
Attached Thumbnails
The SHOT ShowCase - Click for larger version  
Old 10-26-2008, 16:40   #2
OhioLibertarian
Senior Member!?

very cool! Im excited to see one in person!
John 3:16 ..... Psalm 91
35CabcdGhKL
Old 10-26-2008, 16:44   #3
G-30Jet

Send a message via AIM to G-30Jet
Wow, that is exciting! They look great. Congrats to lone Wolf. It looks like a whole new generation of pistols could be the result.
As an American Adult Male, you are responsible for your self and your familiy's well being. "The Here After" has now been replaced with; "The Indescriminate Now". Unless you have experienced "The Here After", please endeavor to persevere at your current capability. It may be too late to begin your prep now.
Old 10-26-2008, 16:44   #4
G33
CLM Number 296
Re-Assigned

Way to go JR!

Hi to Mary and Dan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"I'd wager G would waterboard a salmon."--tous

"...those without swords can still die upon them." --Eowyn
Old 10-26-2008, 16:49   #5
jlday70
Oompa Loompa

Oh wow I see potential here...Very nice..
Old 10-26-2008, 16:55   #6
revel8
hedgehog

so you use all your glock internals and place it into this receiver ? has a price been announced yet? very exciting!
Old 10-26-2008, 16:56   #7
revel8
hedgehog

they should make one for the glock 19
Old 10-26-2008, 16:58   #8
JoshuaC

Not for me but looks like an awesome product.

Old 10-26-2008, 16:59   #9
APD
Trunk Monkey

It looks like a good product but I would prefer it in .45 acp, I have no probs with the G17/22 frame.

"Hope is not a strategy"
-John C. Maxwell
Old 10-26-2008, 17:01   #10
revel8
hedgehog

theres some on the site, but its not that one, it looks like a standard glock receiver thats been modified, i guess its not on the site yet.
Old 10-26-2008, 17:03   #11
KenBGlock19
SEMPER PARATUS

Will it accept current GLOCK magazines? I assume so, but doesn't hurt to ask...
Old 10-26-2008, 17:04   #12
Eric
Big Giant Head

JR said that the new receivers will launch after the SHOT Show. They will be busy until then, getting ready for SAR in Phoenix and for the SHOT Show.

I cropped the receiver off of the catalog page. Here it is:

The SHOT ShowCase
Attached Thumbnails
The SHOT ShowCase - Click for larger version  
Old 10-26-2008, 17:06   #13
tbhracing

I have to say I am slightly dissapointed. Why? They should have offered the model with or without finger grooves.
Old 10-26-2008, 17:09   #14
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Cool! I didn't see what frame it was - if it will fit 21's, I'm in.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 17:13   #15
RacingGLOCK35
Iceman Killeth

Send a message via AIM to RacingGLOCK35
hows about gen 1 style, stippled grip, like the SJC stippling and SF the g17 original size....
GOTOD #0122
G17, O.D. G17, G19, G22, G17 RTF, G26, G27, G23, G35, G34, G24
USP COMPACT 9, P2000 SK
SIG 2022, 226, 229, 220 SAS

LWRC PSD, Noveske Recce Light, POF PDW
Old 10-26-2008, 17:30   #16
dsmw5142
NRA Member

COOL!! Would love to see one in person. Why the weird bump on the backstrap I wonder?

Rudy Project USA IDPA squad
Old 10-26-2008, 17:37   #17
troy96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmw5142 View Post
COOL!! Would love to see one in person. Why the weird bump on the backstrap I wonder?

Probably for the laser.
Old 10-26-2008, 17:44   #18
Tinamil

Send a message via AIM to Tinamil
The SHOT ShowCase

Lone Wolf custom full size Glock frames

These are current production 3 pin Finger Grip and Rail frames that are common with all G17,17L,22,24,31,34,35 pistols. The frame includes all internal parts common for G22,24,35 40 S&W or G31 357 Sig. If you plan to use the frame as a 9mm (17,17L,34) you will need a 9mm trigger housing. Includes the following: magazine loader, cleaning rod & brush, Glock factory box and trigger lock. The frame has a custom Lone Wolf grip reduction including back strap removal, finger grip removal, extended beaver tail, round magazine release and rounded trigger guard. A $400 value!

Must ship to a FFL. Limited quantity. Not a regular stocking item. Call Ian at 208-437-0612 ext 101 for more details

Sell at $299.95

Call JR at 208-437-0612 ext 102 for more information. Custom LWD round mag release also available upon request add $30

Copied from lonewolfdist.com

ETA: I'm don't think it's the exact same thing as the original post, but it does give you some ideas about what it will cost.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 10-26-2008, 17:45   #19
02LimitedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmw5142 View Post
Wonder if thats for the laser?
Old 10-26-2008, 17:51   #20
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinamil View Post
The SHOT ShowCase

Lone Wolf custom full size Glock frames

These are current production 3 pin Finger Grip and Rail frames that are common with all G17,17L,22,24,31,34,35 pistols. The frame includes all internal parts common for G22,24,35 40 S&W or G31 357 Sig. If you plan to use the frame as a 9mm (17,17L,34) you will need a 9mm trigger housing. Includes the following: magazine loader, cleaning rod & brush, Glock factory box and trigger lock. The frame has a custom Lone Wolf grip reduction including back strap removal, finger grip removal, extended beaver tail, round magazine release and rounded trigger guard. A $400 value!

Must ship to a FFL. Limited quantity. Not a regular stocking item. Call Ian at 208-437-0612 ext 101 for more details

Sell at $299.95

Call JR at 208-437-0612 ext 102 for more information. Custom LWD round mag release also available upon request add $30

Copied from lonewolfdist.com

ETA: I'm don't think it's the exact same thing as the original post, but it does give you some ideas about what it will cost.

This is a completely different animal. What you showed is a Glock frame with custom work performed on it. This new receiver was designed, from the ground up, by Lone Wolf and it is a completely new, proprietary receiver. Lone Wolf has started rolling their own.

There is very little information available for this product yet and I wouldn't presume to speak LWD concerning this product, but I am sure that more information will be forthcoming shortly. Eric