SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2011, 14:52   #1
KiloXray

New RAMI BD range report

Ok, So I picked up my brand new RAMI BD from the FFL last night after having oredered it on Feb 4th. Not too bad, only 12 days of wait, considering it was ordered direct from CZ.
I gave it a thourough cleaning and a light lube. Man, the oil that it is bathed in is wild. Mags were even more caked with the stuff than the pistol. I suppose it is neccesary though, I believe this pistol has probably been sitting around on a shelf somewhere for around a year and a half or so. The electronic representation of the initial 5 rounds that they include was accomplished in Oct 2009. (which makes me wonder why the RAMI BD is hard to find, if they are just chilling on the shelf at CZ. That is a whole other thread though.)

Anyway, took here to the range today for some break in. Here at pics of the first four magazines through her:

CZ Club
CZ Club
CZ Club
CZ Club
Shooting her was GREAT. Very comfortable, absolutely love the feel of it. Ergos ROCK. Trigger was a little gritty at first, mostly in DA. SA has an excellent break. Accuracy was more than I could shoot. I feel like I shot decent with it, and am sure I will improve with it.

Now for the not-so-good:

I ended up shooting 350 rounds with her, and did experience a few hiccups. I had a light strike on the 77th round. I reloaded it and it fired fine the second time. I attribute this to the ammo.

More concerning, I had a fail to feed type jam, on the 159th, 179th and 189th rounds. Everyone of them was on the 9th (or second to last) round of the mag. I also believe all three were from the same magazine. Im not sure to make of this. Perhaps it was a limpwrist issue, (it WAS 159 rounds in) maybe it was a dirty mag. Not sure, but after those 3, I fired 161 flawless rounds. Here is a pic of the tips of the three rounds that didnt feed properly. Maybe someone will recognize the dents and can tell me a little more.

CZ Club
I really do think it was a magazine problem. I have numbered the mags now so I can tell them apart, should I have the problem again. All the ammo I shot today was 115gr FMJ Magtech. Ill probably try some other ammo soon. I just bought 1200 rounds of that magtech though so, it may be a little bit, unless this problem becaomes prevalent. I also intend to run some JHP rounds through it VERY soon, mostly because I am worried that if the FMJ round nose hangs in it, it may be a HUGE issue with the JHP.

I really want this to not be a problem, as I REALLY like this gun. I shoot it fairly well (for me at least). I shoot it MUCH better than the Glock 26 or the HK P200SK. That and its just plain sexy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by KiloXray; 02-17-2011 at 14:55..
KiloXray is offline   Reply With Quote