Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 19:37   #241
recon
Senior Member
 
recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: PA.
Posts: 570
As soon as it warms up here I'll take this puppy out for a spin!
__________________
PA Glocker #152

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 22:01   #242
rick458
USS Texas BB-35
 
rick458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: La Porte Texas
Posts: 6,793
Mr Graham a MO for $37.00 will get a MGSL for a G-17 shipped correct?
__________________
SemperFi My Brothers
"Never pass up a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut" Winston Churchhill
rick458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 23:36   #243
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith
 
T. R. Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick458 View Post
Mr Graham a MO for $37.00 will get a MGSL for a G-17 shipped correct?
Yes sir. But if you can wait, I'll be at the gun show in Pasadena on the 5th & 6th of March.
__________________
TR Graham
The Glocksmith
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 23:59   #244
rick458
USS Texas BB-35
 
rick458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: La Porte Texas
Posts: 6,793
I will have to work that weekend
__________________
SemperFi My Brothers
"Never pass up a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut" Winston Churchhill
rick458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 18:34   #245
js0777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
I just received mine in the mail a few day ago. It looks to be made out of a much higher quality steel. The ridges on the ends are cut very precise and are much easier to grip. Over all the slide lock looks and feels like a huge improvement over the stock one. Thanks T. R. Graham!
js0777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 18:56   #246
recon
Senior Member
 
recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: PA.
Posts: 570
Can't wait to try mine out! Got 3 of them for my 3 glocks!
__________________
PA Glocker #152

Buy It Cheap!
Stack It Deep!
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 20:24   #247
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith
 
T. R. Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by js0777 View Post
I just received mine in the mail a few day ago. It looks to be made out of a much higher quality steel. The ridges on the ends are cut very precise and are much easier to grip. Over all the slide lock looks and feels like a huge improvement over the stock one. Thanks T. R. Graham!
Thank you, sir. Now, you need to take your pistol out and shoot it for accuracy.
__________________
TR Graham
The Glocksmith
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 20:01   #248
TSAX
USAF Vet
 
TSAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,123
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post
Thank you, sir. Now, you need to take your pistol out and shoot it for accuracy.
By any chance do you know if the MGSL is IDPA legal.
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 20:27   #249
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith
 
T. R. Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
By any chance do you know if the MGSL is IDPA legal.
Honestly, I don't know.

Can anyone help with TSA's question?
__________________
TR Graham
The Glocksmith
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 20:56   #250
PSG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 236
I placed an order for one last week (I.E. sent a check) I have a match on the 3rd Saturday of next month. I will have the S.O./ judge look it over.
PSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 20:57   #251
DCB12
Senior Member
 
DCB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 123
Email sent.

Peace
DCB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 00:10   #252
TexasLongslide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
By any chance do you know if the MGSL is IDPA legal.
Yes, it's just an internal modification.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Forum for Texas Gun Owners
TexasLongslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 00:25   #253
TSAX
USAF Vet
 
TSAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,123
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLongslide View Post
Yes, it's just an internal modification.
Thanks
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 13:55   #254
one73maro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 189
Install help

Ok guys I need some help here. I have one of Mr.Grahams MGSL's but I cannot figure out how to get the stock SL out to put in the new one. If someone could pass along a little direction I would appreciate it. My little friend would also (G27)
one73maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 14:22   #255
rick458
USS Texas BB-35
 
rick458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: La Porte Texas
Posts: 6,793
Take a punch or Glock armorers tool (what ever you use to detail strip your pistol)
and push down on the top of the V shaped spring holding the slide lock up, while pushing the spring flat just push the slide lock out the channel it runs in, it does NOT take any force just a bit of coordination, to install it slide it back in the channel and depress the spring when you get to it, and make sure it is captured in the notch.
__________________
SemperFi My Brothers
"Never pass up a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut" Winston Churchhill
rick458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 18:29   #256
gchild00
Member
 
gchild00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by one73maro View Post
Ok guys I need some help here. I have one of Mr.Grahams MGSL's but I cannot figure out how to get the stock SL out to put in the new one. If someone could pass along a little direction I would appreciate it. My little friend would also (G27)
youtube is your friend
gchild00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 20:13   #257
one73maro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 189
Thanks

Thanks guys!
one73maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 20:10   #258
Glock Coma
Aluminum Member
 
Glock Coma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. R. Graham View Post
Yes sir. But if you can wait, I'll be at the gun show in Pasadena on the 5th & 6th of March.

Great! I was reading these posts that you had moved to DFW area and was thinking you would not be in pasadena in march. Glad you will be there.
Glock Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 13:06   #259
Hicksville Kid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by one73maro View Post
Ok guys I need some help here. I have one of Mr.Grahams MGSL's but I cannot figure out how to get the stock SL out to put in the new one. If someone could pass along a little direction I would appreciate it. My little friend would also (G27)
I used a golf tee to press the spring down. Thumb and forefinger holding the sides of the gun and the palm pressing down on the tee. Take the new MGSL and push out the old old from one side, leaving the new one centered. Remove tee. Very easy.

I tested mine today but haven't looked at the targets as yet. I started the day with 3 targets for later comparison at the start of break-in. I then put about 180 rounds through my 34 shooting at steel and shot 3 targets from a rest to see how much they differed from the first 3. I want to run the targets through OnTarget when I get time. Rough guesstimate...I see some improvement. I'll test it again at 250 and 300. I know there is a break-in period of upwards of 200 rounds. I'll reserve judgement until I get to 400-500 rounds and I have more data.
Hicksville Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:57   #260
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith
 
T. R. Graham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
I used a golf tee to press the spring down. Thumb and forefinger holding the sides of the gun and the palm pressing down on the tee. Take the new MGSL and push out the old old from one side, leaving the new one centered. Remove tee. Very easy.

I tested mine today but haven't looked at the targets as yet. I started the day with 3 targets for later comparison at the start of break-in. I then put about 180 rounds through my 34 shooting at steel and shot 3 targets from a rest to see how much they differed from the first 3. I want to run the targets through OnTarget when I get time. Rough guesstimate...I see some improvement. I'll test it again at 250 and 300. I know there is a break-in period of upwards of 200 rounds. I'll reserve judgement until I get to 400-500 rounds and I have more data.
Yup, you don't need any special tools to install a MGSL....a pin punch, golf tee, paper clip - hell, even a long fingernail will work.

Hicksville Kid - Let us know your results when you get more rounds fired.
__________________
TR Graham
The Glocksmith
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
mgsl
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 899
260 Members
639 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31