in ur rearview

60 min Sovereign Citizens

This was on tonight, vid link in case anyone missed it

60 Mins Sovereign Citizens Video
Old 05-15-2011, 18:32   #2
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Tagged for later.

In the academy, we watched a video about Sovereign Citizens and a few things to keep in mind that might point to them (fake plates, strange legal papers, etc.). Scary stuff.
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

golls17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 19:08   #3
Krauty
CLM Number 222
Charter Lifetime Member

Very good episode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Krauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 19:38   #4
Rohniss

Our CLC's this year were geared towards them.

Watching the video...

ETA:

Read the Article too... Superb...

Like the Chief I might even like it if these bozos decide to come after me physically... My only concern is that they are like Super Zombies... No Hearts... Or Brains... 40mm time?
Note: All of the above expressed opinions above are those of the poster. No representation is made that the above post construes legal advice or is to be considered as anything but the personal opinion of the poster. View at your own Peril.

Last edited by Rohniss; 05-15-2011 at 19:46..
Rohniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 23:28   #5
meeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohniss View Post
Our CLC's this year were geared towards them.

Watching the video...

ETA:

Read the Article too... Superb...

Like the Chief I might even like it if these bozos decide to come after me physically... My only concern is that they are like Super Zombies... No Hearts... Or Brains... 40mm time?

I deal with them in the Federal Buearu of Prisons. They are some of the most crying inmates I have ever seen. Although they are dangerous on the street. They normally don't come after you physically at first. They try to scare you into submission by overwelming you with a lot of fake forms etc. They even have filed UCC liens on GOV and prison officials thinking that will win their relese. They get 5 more years for doing it but they are all knuckle heads and think they are onto something.

If your department does not offer training on them I would recommend going somewhere to get some. A lot more people are "adopting" that ideology. And they are very dangerous.
meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 23:54   #6
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

I'm pretty sure a few of the Open Carry crowd over in the "Carry Issues" forum belong to this movement or at the very least share many of their beliefs.
Old 05-16-2011, 00:17   #7
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

60 Minutes... friend of America.
Old 05-16-2011, 00:55   #8
OldCurlyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsurfboard View Post
I'm pretty sure a few of the Open Carry crowd over in the "Carry Issues" forum belong to this movement or at the very least share many of their beliefs.

That is a rather Broad Brush. That is like saying that a few bad LEO'S make all LEO's bad. I know that isn't an accurate statement. Neither is yours.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)
OldCurlyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13   #9
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
I have been hearing about this stuff for quite some time now. It's no joke, and I take it very seriously. Some of these people are more than willing to show us what death is like; very dangerous people.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35   #10
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
That is a rather Broad Brush. That is like saying that a few bad LEO'S make all LEO's bad. I know that isn't an accurate statement. Neither is yours.
That's why I said a few over there, not most, all or any resemblance of the same. If you followed some of the anti cop, anti government posters over there, you would agree with me.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:59   #11
Navy HMC

Honest question here: Why are these oxygen theives tolerated? In all curiosity, is hter any - even a thread of legitamacy to their actions? And since I assume that the answer to question is "NO!!!", Why not go after them when they do something stupid and illegal? That I know of, at least 2 officers have been shot and killed by these morons and a number more have been involved in shootouts with them.

Guys, it's a matter of survival, why let them stay on the street if there are good charges against them. Fraud comes to mind with the leins they do...

Oh, and happy National Law Enfocrement day though a little late.
Navy HMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:40   #12
Rohniss

Quote:
That's why I said a few over there, not most, all or any resemblance of the same. If you followed some of the anti cop, anti government posters over there, you would agree with me.
I agree with you.

Quote:
Guys, it's a matter of survival, why let them stay on the street if there are good charges against them. Fraud comes to mind with the leins they do...
Agreed...

Lots of laws out there you can arrest a known dirtbag for... and if they resist... Happy Times...

Quote:
I deal with them in the Federal Buearu of Prisons. They are some of the most crying inmates I have ever seen. Although they are dangerous on the street. They normally don't come after you physically at first. They try to scare you into submission by overwelming you with a lot of fake forms etc. They even have filed UCC liens on GOV and prison officials thinking that will win their relese. They get 5 more years for doing it but they are all knuckle heads and think they are onto something.

If your department does not offer training on them I would recommend going somewhere to get some. A lot more people are "adopting" that ideology. And they are very dangerous.
Yeah I'm pretty well versed in the Sovereign ****izen Movement... They've got a "church" round about these parts and are frequent guests at our establishment... Like I said the CLC's this year were about them, presented by DHS...

In my estimation they are traitors or a "mad dog" and need to be dealt with as such... But alas, its a kinder gentler country we have nowadays... even in Alabama... *sigh*
Note: All of the above expressed opinions above are those of the poster. No representation is made that the above post construes legal advice or is to be considered as anything but the personal opinion of the poster. View at your own Peril.
Rohniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49   #13
BlackPaladin

Looks like a good group to get rid of, by any means.
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:15   #14
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Had one wander into court a few weeks ago. Got shot down quick from what I heard.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

One day closer to retirement . . .
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24   #15
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Hey thanks for posting this link - I missed 60 minutes last night because I was at a Michigan militia/sovereign citizen/open carry meeting.

Last edited by Kegs; 05-16-2011 at 11:25..
Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:37   #16
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
because I was at a Michigan militia/sovereign citizen/open carry meeting
In other words, a sewing party?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

One day closer to retirement . . .
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:53   #17
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
In other words, a sewing party?
That would be SEWING PARTY. come on get it right.
Old 05-16-2011, 19:29   #18
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
I would just say that I would not be surprised.

But sharing beliefs or having membership is not crossing the line. No matter what others do, LE plays by the rules. Be careful of overarching statements. Always remember that although justice grinds on slowly, it grinds on.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 05-16-2011 at 19:36..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 22:18   #19
OldCurlyWolf

Quote:
I actually post on OC.org quite often, I am a former LEO and I do NOT agree with you.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 05-16-2011 at 22:19..
OldCurlyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 22:25   #20
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

tagged.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote