Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:40   #51
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
I have two mixed dogs that have pit in them . They dont go running around wild and are not the killers half yall think. The mentality towards these dogs is the same the antis have towards guns. Its the owners fault not the dogs.
Dude. You go saying stuff like that, they're going to stampede.
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:46   #52
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I have two mixed dogs that have pit in them . They dont go running around wild and are not the killers half yall think. The mentality towards these dogs is the same the antis have towards guns. Its the owners fault not the dogs.
Yeah, dogs can't go around killing people without owners.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51   #53
Fedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox184 View Post
If you listen to some folks on here, they are a kind, innocent animal that gets bad press.

Me, I think there is good reason why they get bad press and anyone that thinks the animal is beneficial to society has an IQ of a rock.
I agree. IMHO, pit bulls are like radical terrorists... the only good ones are dead ones.
Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:54   #54
04gtmustang

that poor dog he was trying to turn his life around probably just graduated from puppy school and everything hahaha.

I would say that is a good shoot for sure. yea im not a fan of pit bulls heard waaaaaaaaay to many stories about them. It is a 50/50 relationship between the breed and the owner though so its not alllll the dogs fault
Old 05-22-2011, 13:00   #55
michael e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Dude. You go saying stuff like that, they're going to stampede.
What pointing out logic. My dogs have never attacked anyone. And my guns have never loaded them selfs up and went out killed anyone. People can say what they want, just think its dumb that people want to blame the dogs not the owner.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:08   #56
jpzaf
Confused?

The amount of ignorance on the subject of dogs amazes me. Guess next time we read about an assault rifle or a glock involved in a crime there'll be discussions about how evil they are. Or perhaps they should be banned because only criminals and lowlifes have them.
Old 05-22-2011, 13:10   #57
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzaf View Post
The amount of ignorance on the subject of dogs amazes me. Guess next time we read about an assault rifle or a glock involved in a crime there'll be discussions about how evil they are. Or perhaps they should be banned because only criminals and lowlifes have them.
When Glocks can think for themselves like a dog can, then yes, I will blame the Glock.
Old 05-22-2011, 13:39   #58
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Apples and oranges.

Guns are inanimate objects that require someone to operate their mechanics.

Dogs are animals with a mind and instincts of their own and capable of acting on their own regardless of their owners' control or lack thereof.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:45   #59
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
I'm ignorant about dogs, so someone please educate me. Is it a good idea to have 3 unleashed pit bulls? My gut tells me "no" but I have no experience with pit bulls.
Pit Bulls are not aggressive dogs. Just read the article in the OP for anecdotal evidence.

Now excuse me for a moment while I go put a chain on my Glock and drive a spike into the ground to restrain it from shooting.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:55   #60
quicksand

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
Dogs are animals with a mind and instincts of their own and capable of acting on their own regardless of their owners' control or lack thereof.
Bingo.

However logic like this does not compute with people that make this flawed argument time and time again.

The problem I find with this breed is that most people that own them probably wouldn't be fit to train a toy poodle but they just "need" to get a pit so they can feel tough.

Dogs, especially aggressive breeds, require constant discipline, a good diet and lots of excercise to keep them in line.
"Go easy guys. It is apparent that he/she is young and new due to the lack of capitalizion at the begining of sentenses. Correct grammatical structuring and punctuation are a key to the old school and the new, the future leaders of our country and the workers." -Scott30, Internet jackass 2/25/2008
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:59   #61
sombunya

I own two Pit Bulls. Very affectionate and gentle, unless I coax them into to playing rough. Then do, bigly.

My dogs know who's boss and respect me completely but I think it is irresponsible to allow them out unleashed. Blame the owner.

http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:59   #62
AZson

Who cares if the gun shot pit was expected to survive, it and the other two should be put down.
I have a pit-boxer mix she is a sweet heart, but if she did this, she would be put down.

Last edited by AZson; 05-22-2011 at 14:00..
AZson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:07   #63
Jowens

The owner of the pit bulls should be shot for being a moron.
Jowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:09   #64
crazyrec12
cornbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongix View Post
I wish he also shot the other two pits. These dogs have DNAs that will kill their victims. i dont know why people still rearing these beasts.
Not true

nature vs nurture
crazyrec12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:10   #65
Jowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox184 View Post
If you listen to some folks on here, they are a kind, innocent animal that gets bad press.

Me, I think there is good reason why they get bad press and anyone that thinks the animal is beneficial to society has an IQ of a rock.
No reason to go and insult a rock like that.
Old 05-22-2011, 14:12   #66
NDCent
Socially Inept

I didn't have to teach my bird dog to point, or my cattle dog to heel our stock. What is it that pits were bred for?

It's always the owners fault when their pets misbehave, but nature will usually take its course given a chance. I really wouldn't take a pet alligator to the municipal swimming pool, and I wouldn't let a pit run loose around strange people or animals.
Old 05-22-2011, 14:12   #67
harleyfx69

I personally feel that any dog is capable of being good or bad, its all in how its raised,

However in my apartment complex, the 3 super aggresive dogs are 2 pitbulls that live together, these cant play with any other dogs what so ever, they charge and growl on their leashes, have to have spiked choke collars and chains as leashes,

The other aggresive dog is some abused / neglected shepherd dog that never gets socialized,

The dog that has actually bit someone is a pit mix, also very aggresive towards other dogs,

A dog that my shepherd mix has gotten into little skiffs with is a pit mix, okay behavior, but not great, very dominant though and the owners dont really care..

Due to budget constraints, EOTW has been postponed indefinitely
harleyfx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:13   #68
Jowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Pit Bulls are not aggressive dogs. Just read the article in the OP for anecdotal evidence.

Now excuse me for a moment while I go put a chain on my Glock and drive a spike into the ground to restrain it from shooting.
^ You're comparing a gun to a dog?

I feel dumber for reading that post.

Last edited by Jowens; 05-22-2011 at 14:13..
Old 05-22-2011, 14:15   #69
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExxoticOne View Post
I like Pit Bulls...all dogs for that matter. Regardless of the breed (except a little one I can drop kick) it's gonna get dispatched if it attacks one of my dogs or loved ones.

Said well! ..Thats it....
LASTRESORT20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:19   #70
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
I'm ignorant about dogs, so someone please educate me. Is it a good idea to have 3 unleashed pit bulls? My gut tells me "no" but I have no experience with pit bulls.
If you have no experience, how does your gut tell you that?

Pit bulls are just dogs, unfortunately they are strong tough dogs with a reputation, which means they are often owned by dumbasses who try to make them into anything from fighting dogs to homemade attack dogs, "because dey pitbulls, dawg."

Pitbulls are like minivans, they are good, practical and would be great to own, but they have a reputation because they attract a really bad class of owner.

Last edited by Bren; 05-22-2011 at 14:20..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:28   #71
AA#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzaf View Post

A perfect example of the ignorance you speak of.
AA#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:28   #72
KiloBravo
Lifetime Newb

The dog in my avatar picture is a full blooded pitbull and is one of the sweetest animals on this planet. I am a dog lover, and esp. Love pitbulls. However, I would shoot any dog dead where it stood if it attacked me, my loved ones, or my dog.

This story demonstrates very poor pet ownership responsibility. Pits are a breed that need to have a very strong pack leader and need to be exercised daily. I do both of those things for Ruger. I also believe NO dog should ever be let off leash in a public area, period. I do honestly think pitbulls get a very bad rep, but the ones in this story absolutely need to be put down.
Old 05-22-2011, 14:37   #73
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <

Keep your dogs on a leash. Control your dangerous animals. I'm glad for the outcome of the article.

/except for the fact the other two dangerous animals are still out there.
//Attack Pt. 2 imminent
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420
OD G32, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 14:39   #74
cwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
more gun control could have prevented this and a muzzle or two
Do you have anything intelligent to say? More than half your posts read this same way.
cwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:05   #75
bowbender7
Silly

Some of you are dog racist yo.