SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:56   #41
bowbender7
Silly

The Furball Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bowbender7; 05-22-2011 at 11:57..
bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:01   #42
badge315

Did anyone notice that the shooter had a CCW badge?

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:06   #43
Glocker08

Poor dogs, their owner is a dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmedglock30 View Post
one dog = one dog
Two dogs = two dogs
Three dogs = a pack
I see a change in behavior when the number goes above two that I do not see with only one or two dogs.
Very true.
Glocker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:10   #44
Fox184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
I'm ignorant about dogs, so someone please educate me. Is it a good idea to have 3 unleashed pit bulls? My gut tells me "no" but I have no experience with pit bulls.
If you listen to some folks on here, they are a kind, innocent animal that gets bad press.

Me, I think there is good reason why they get bad press and anyone that thinks the animal is beneficial to society has an IQ of a rock.
Fox184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13   #45
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Half the dogs I've whacked have been pits.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:20   #46
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

"At no time whatsoever was his life in danger," LaValley said.

Are you kidding me? Really? Both the dog and owner had been bitten. This guy is a moron. Clip his reproductive organs off. He shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Good shoot.

You are supposed to keep your animals under control. The shooter should have had shot all three of them. They attack once, they will attack someone else again.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:23   #47
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
Did anyone notice that the shooter had a CCW badge?

Yeah, I guess at least one person actually bought one...
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:27   #48
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

I have found pit bulls to be excellent food for the Eagles that roost near my gravel pit. They are very pleasant dogs after a .357 round to the head, and don't put up much of a struggle against the Eagles. My 15 year old shepherd was mauled by a loose pit bull in my driveway. But only once. Huge vet bill. Pit bull was wearing a spiked collar. HHHMMMM????
I have noticed some commonality in pit owners. Insert your own observations (here)

Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:29   #49
mr00jimbo

Pit bull is a blanket term for media outlets the same way they use the word AK47 for any rifle, and Glock for any pistol.
Good on him for shooting the dogs, and they shouldn't have been off leash, especially considering they seemed to be vicious but I wonder how many of these attacks are done by APBTs, Staffies, whatever and what how many are done by unidentifiable mutts that people go, "Eh it's a pitbull".
Old 05-22-2011, 12:32   #50
michael e

I have two mixed dogs that have pit in them . They dont go running around wild and are not the killers half yall think. The mentality towards these dogs is the same the antis have towards guns. Its the owners fault not the dogs.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40   #51
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
I have two mixed dogs that have pit in them . They dont go running around wild and are not the killers half yall think. The mentality towards these dogs is the same the antis have towards guns. Its the owners fault not the dogs.
Dude. You go saying stuff like that, they're going to stampede.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:46   #52
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Yeah, dogs can't go around killing people without owners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51   #53
Fedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox184 View Post
If you listen to some folks on here, they are a kind, innocent animal that gets bad press.

Me, I think there is good reason why they get bad press and anyone that thinks the animal is beneficial to society has an IQ of a rock.
I agree. IMHO, pit bulls are like radical terrorists... the only good ones are dead ones.
Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:54   #54
04gtmustang

that poor dog he was trying to turn his life around probably just graduated from puppy school and everything hahaha.

I would say that is a good shoot for sure. yea im not a fan of pit bulls heard waaaaaaaaay to many stories about them. It is a 50/50 relationship between the breed and the owner though so its not alllll the dogs fault
Old 05-22-2011, 13:00   #55
michael e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Dude. You go saying stuff like that, they're going to stampede.
What pointing out logic. My dogs have never attacked anyone. And my guns have never loaded them selfs up and went out killed anyone. People can say what they want, just think its dumb that people want to blame the dogs not the owner.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:08   #56
jpzaf
Confused?

The amount of ignorance on the subject of dogs amazes me. Guess next time we read about an assault rifle or a glock involved in a crime there'll be discussions about how evil they are. Or perhaps they should be banned because only criminals and lowlifes have them.
Old 05-22-2011, 13:10   #57
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzaf View Post
The amount of ignorance on the subject of dogs amazes me. Guess next time we read about an assault rifle or a glock involved in a crime there'll be discussions about how evil they are. Or perhaps they should be banned because only criminals and lowlifes have them.
When Glocks can think for themselves like a dog can, then yes, I will blame the Glock.

686Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:39   #58
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Apples and oranges.

Guns are inanimate objects that require someone to operate their mechanics.

Dogs are animals with a mind and instincts of their own and capable of acting on their own regardless of their owners' control or lack thereof.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:45   #59
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrag4 View Post
I'm ignorant about dogs, so someone please educate me. Is it a good idea to have 3 unleashed pit bulls? My gut tells me "no" but I have no experience with pit bulls.
Pit Bulls are not aggressive dogs. Just read the article in the OP for anecdotal evidence.

Now excuse me for a moment while I go put a chain on my Glock and drive a spike into the ground to restrain it from shooting.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 13:55   #60
quicksand

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
Dogs are animals with a mind and instincts of their own and capable of acting on their own regardless of their owners' control or lack thereof.
Bingo.

However logic like this does not compute with people that make this flawed argument time and time again.

The problem I find with this breed is that most people that own them probably wouldn't be fit to train a toy poodle but they just "need" to get a pit so they can feel tough.

Dogs, especially aggressive breeds, require constant discipline, a good diet and lots of excercise to keep them in line.
"Go easy guys. It is apparent that he/she is young and new due to the lack of capitalizion at the begining of sentenses. Correct grammatical structuring and punctuation are a key to the old school and the new, the future leaders of our country and the workers." -Scott30, Internet jackass 2/25/2008
quicksand is offline   Reply With Quote