Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:45   #401
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Theory. Not fact.
Theories are built on top of facts. I've posted this several times before, but perhaps it has been overlooked or ignored. Here is a video explaining how the terms are used by scientists.

The Chicxulub impact is widely accepted among scientists (nothing is ever without dissenters) as the location and cause of the KT extinction. There is an abundance of evidence to support this conclusion.

What peer-reviewed evidence would you like to provide demonstrating that dinosaurs and humans coexisted, and that dinosaurs were wiped out by the deluge roughly 4500 years ago?
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 17:32   #402
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
Theories are built on top of facts. I've posted this several times before, but perhaps it has been overlooked or ignored. Here is a video explaining how the terms are used by scientists.

The Chicxulub impact is widely accepted among scientists (nothing is ever without dissenters) as the location and cause of the KT extinction. There is an abundance of evidence to support this conclusion.

What peer-reviewed evidence would you like to provide demonstrating that dinosaurs and humans coexisted, and that dinosaurs were wiped out by the deluge roughly 4500 years ago?
I am not interested in what a group of folks desperate to try to deny God, in order to justify the manner in which they have chosen to live. Further, misery loving company, wish to bring that thought process to others.

I would rather offer hope not hedonics.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 20:18   #403
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I am not interested in what a group of folks desperate to try to deny God, in order to justify the manner in which they have chosen to live. Further, misery loving company, wish to bring that thought process to others.

What does the effort to understand the world we inhabit have to do with denying God? Recognizing that dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago and not in a recent global flood makes no reference to the existence (or non-existence) of God or gods in general.
Old 06-14-2011, 20:21   #404
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
Let me guess, radiocarbon dating?
No, as has already been pointed out, radiocarbon dating isn't useful for objects the age of dinosaur remains because, once again, they're all at least 65 million years old.
Old 06-14-2011, 20:58   #405
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Religious Issues

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 22:25   #406
Brasso

That must be from the Far Side. Love that guys twisted mind.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:08   #407
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
What does the effort to understand the world we inhabit have to do with denying God? Recognizing that dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago and not in a recent global flood makes no reference to the existence (or non-existence) of God or gods in general.
It is an attempt to put aside the Word of Judeo-Christianity, (Scripture) that I have noticed is the main focal point of ire for those subscribing to this position. Further, science is not infalible. At one point in history the great scientific minds theorized was the earth was flat and you shouldn't sail too far lest you fall off the edge.

In regard to declaring the Big Bang as fact and the "magical concept" of add enough time and anything is possible, is more to support the religion of Athiesm, rather than attempt to look at anything objectively.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:50   #408
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
It is an attempt to put aside the Word of Judeo-Christianity, (Scripture) that I have noticed is the main focal point of ire for those subscribing to this position.
When the "Word of Judeo-Christianity" and the evidence contradict each other, which one are we supposed to accept as true?
Quote:
Further, science is not infalible.
Has anyone claimed otherwise? Science is expected to make errors, that's why we keep investigating. On the other hand, scripture is also demonstrably fallible, which presents a far greater problem for believers.
Quote:
At one point in history the great scientific minds theorized was the earth was flat and you shouldn't sail too far lest you fall off the edge.
Not true. I challenge you to name one "great scientific mind" that held such a position anytime since Ancient Greece. Even most theologians, including Augustine and Aquinas accepted the Earth was a globe.
Quote:
In regard to declaring the Big Bang as fact and the "magical concept" of add enough time and anything is possible, is more to support the religion of Athiesm, rather than attempt to look at anything objectively.
We were talking about dinosaurs, not the Big Bang. Why don't we tackle one topic at a time.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29   #409
ksg0245

Quote:

Scientists don't "deny god." Scientists look for explanations. Theories are explanations for observed facts. Closing your eyes doesn't change facts.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:26   #410
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Dinosaurs were destroyed in the flood
Almost forgot to ask, why were dinosaurs not spared according to Genesis 6:19-20?
You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.
Even Ken Ham and the Answers in Genesis crew have not yet decided if it will be more profitable to include dinosaurs in the Creation Museum's upcoming Ark Encounter or not. Hopefully we will soon know the more profitable interpretation of Genesis.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 06-17-2011, 19:25   #411
Vic Hays

Quote:
Almost forgot to ask, why were dinosaurs not spared according to Genesis 6:19-20?
You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.
Even Ken Ham and the Answers in Genesis crew have not yet decided if it will be more profitable to include dinosaurs in the Creation Museum's upcoming Ark Encounter or not. Hopefully we will soon know the more profitable interpretation of Genesis.

-ArtificialGrape
It has been suggested that the dinosaurs were a product of gene splicing and were therefore amalgamated and not the pure creation of God. When you think of the lifespan of man before the flood and the fact that their every thought became evil continually it makes sense that they might gene splice to grow food and produce animals for warfare.
This would be a good reason for the dinosaurs to be left off the Ark.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 06-17-2011 at 19:26..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 20:17   #412
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
It has been suggested that the dinosaurs were a product of gene splicing and were therefore amalgamated and not the pure creation of God. When you think of the lifespan of man before the flood and the fact that their every thought became evil continually it makes sense that they might gene splice to grow food and produce animals for warfare.
That is one of the more creative contrivances with no evidence in order to avoid evolution that I have seen.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 06-17-2011, 21:09   #413
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
That is one of the more creative contrivances with no evidence in order to avoid evolution that I have seen.

-ArtificialGrape
Adaptation, there is plenty of evidence of.

Evolution is a theory. It pretends to explain how infinitely complex organisms just came to be.

Now the one fact that most of us can agree upon, is that we came to be. Life is what it is, regardless of our differences in belief of it's origins.

There does appear to have been dinosaurs. So, what we can say about that is, there does appear to have been dinosaurs.

That's about it.

Why were there dinosaurs? Who knows? No one alive knows. What killed them? Don't know, but there are several possibilities. I can listen to all of the theories, but none have been that convincing as of yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 21:33   #414
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Your saying that nomadic goat herd were performing genetic experiments in their tents using stone and flint tools?
Old 06-17-2011, 21:34   #415
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

Evolution is a theory. It pretends to explain how infinitely complex organisms just came to be.
Evolution is a fact. Change in allele frequency happens, it has been observed. Development of new physical characteristics happens, they have been observed. Adaptation is one aspect of evolution.

Last edited by Animal Mother; 06-20-2011 at 05:30..
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 21:49   #416
jjboogie

Quote:
Jesus taught about the subject of death. Instead of learning from those teachings most men turn away to traditions and myths about death. Why?
Jesus taught that death is like sleeping until the resurrection. There is not a single verse anywhere in the Bible about eternal souls. This is corruption and confusion from pagan and Greek philosophy.

John 11:11-14 ..........Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go that i may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking a rest in sleep. Then said Jesus plainly, Lazarus is dead.

How do you know that was the intended meaning of the passage?

The context has nothing to do with teaching anything about what the characteristics of death are!

Last edited by jjboogie; 06-17-2011 at 23:03..
jjboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 22:31   #417
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Allow me to reiterate, theories are at the top of the hierarchy of explanations, built upon facts at the bottom. Here's a video explaining how the terms are used among scientists..

There is a wealth of evidence of evolution up through the speciation level including fossil and DNA evidence. I lay out some of the details in this post to the Creation/Evolution spinoff thread, and would be glad to go into additional detail in that thread.

Quote:
Now the one fact that most of us can agree upon, is that we came to be. Life is what it is, regardless of our differences in belief of it's origins.

There does appear to have been dinosaurs. So, what we can say about that is, there does appear to have been dinosaurs.

That's about it.

Why were there dinosaurs? Who knows? No one alive knows. What killed them? Don't know, but there are several possibilities. I can listen to all of the theories, but none have been that convincing as of yet.
Why were there dinosaurs? Evolution is the only explanation backed by evidence and scientific theory; however, if you want to side with the "men-in-2500bc-who-were-well-over-2000-years-from-inventing-the-wheelbarrow-were-conducting-genetic-engineering" explanation, I certainly can't stop you.

As far as what killed off the dinosaurs, it is widely accepted that the Chicxulub Crater was the impact site that led to the KT extinction.

-ArtificialGrape
Old 06-17-2011, 22:35   #418
Vic Hays

Quote:

-ArtificialGrape
Thanks,just as good as some evolutionary theories.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 06-17-2011, 22:37   #419
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Your saying that nomadic goat herd were performing genetic experiments in their tents using stone and flint tools?
No, the antediluvians lived hundreds of years and were probably more advanced scientifically than we are today.

Old 06-17-2011, 22:39   #420
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjboogie View Post
How do you know that was the intended meaning of the passage?

The context has nothing to do with teaching anything about what the characteristics of death are!
Jesus taught here and other places that;

1. Lazarus was dead

2. Lazarus was unconcious

3. Lazarus was in the tomb not heaven

4. Jesus had the power to resurrect the dead

Last edited by Vic Hays; 06-17-2011 at 22:40..