Vickers Tactical 1-Day Advanced Tactics Class - Oct 29, 2011 - Pittsburgh, PA
Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.
Grey Group Training:
Vickers Tactical 1-Day Advanced Tactics Class - Oct 29, 2011 - Pittsburgh, PA[/SIZE]
The Vickers Tactical Advanced Tactics class is a challenging one day course focusing entirely on shooting on the move and use of cover and concealment. An intro section for shooting out of and around vehicles is also part of the course. Since this class will be starting out with shooting on the move students are expected to show up with a solid grasp of handgun & carbine shooting fundamentals. All students are required to have completed at least a basic handgun class with Vickers Tactical or other reputable training organization.
Oct 29, 2011
Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club
505 Constitution Blvd.
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Maximum sixteen students
Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 1 double magazine pouch (Ability to carry two spare mags - at a minimum) on body.
- Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5-8 is better)
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude
100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it.
- 300 rounds of carbine
- 250 rounds of handgun
To sign-up please use this link to the Grey Group Training website;
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact;