Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:07   #361
IT0

bigbore,

Thanks for the post and pictures, it was a very enjoyable read. I have to say those details and pictures say more than anything else I have read here today.

If you come up with more, please share.
IT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:34   #362
Wvladimire

No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.
Wvladimire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26   #363
BOOSTED12A
sequestered!

that dose it. mythbusters needs to step in right now!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:34   #364
whiskerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
Source, youtube video of Glock 1,000 round torture test, search it or are you too lazy?
No S.E.A.L. team six, the news said they were the ones who took out Bin Laden. Also article in Blue Press magazine June edition and public record search.
Failures for Glock from Homeland Security testing, public document # B-402339.3

But it doesn't matter what I source to the failures of this pistol, because you will believe what you want to believe and not believe the shortcomings of this pistol.

Please provide a link to this document an internet search finds the only place it exsist is in this thread. I searched and could not locate this on the Homeland security website as well. I realize it may be secret squirrel secret but I have a acorn clearance

which issue of Blue press ?

I could not find the troll icon to post for you but let me call you one now.

also in another post you mentioned a Glock 20 in .40s&w . a 20 is 10mm
whiskerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10   #365
MaximG23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvladimire View Post
No, it's pretty pathetic that fanatics have no common sense. Cannot look at this test cynically and see that some parts are clearly nonsense and unbelievable. I sourced public documents and videos that can bee seen by anyone, and even one of the public documents is not mainly about glock, but lists the failures of glock pistols during testing against S&W and Sig. Yet the fanatics cannot be reasoned with and won't believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Glock is not the be all end all of pistol designs. It has it's shortcomings and weaknesses just like others. It has a major marketing campaign that says they are the best, when they are not. The main selling feature of the Glock to police departments was, that it was cheaper than the Sig and better, because it did not have the weakness of the mainspring or hammer spring being covered by a screwed on polymer grip. If that grip chipped or cracked, departments were told, even though the pistol could be fired, albeit a little difficult to not pinch your hand when doing so. It was marketed that the Glock with it's solid polymer grip frame was better. After years of use in my state, the departments are switching back to Sigs and Smith & Wesson, because of too many so called, "user error misfires."

The facts are there, ignore them if you wish, but there are better pistols out there. I was a huge Glock fan at one time, but when I actually detailed stripped the pistol, and saw how cheaply it was made on the inside, my rose colored glasses were lifted. I have named the cheaply made parts earlier that melt. How do I know this, from experience. Why do I question the test, and take some things about it with a grain of salt, because I was not there, and know that all surveys and tests are curved to support the facts. The biggest red flag for me, was the drop test from the airplane. The pistol was buried up to the grip in mud. And the tester simply pulled the gun out, made sure the chamber was clear, and fired it. Now gravity is gravity, and mud is mud, it was not dry dirt, and you want me to believe that the bore was not filled with debris??? No way, I don't believe it, and will not believe it, because that goes completely against reality and real life experience. Those who do not question that, are just plain zombies. Continue to drink your government Kool-Aid, be good little zombies, and do not question authority.

***Or better yet, try the test yourself, from a step ladder, and drop your unloaded pistol in the mud. Do it 10 times, a 100 times, a 1,000 times or less, and tell me that you got no debris in the bore with any of the drops.*** Simple as that, do the test before you attack, demean, and ridicule me. If not, then you show that you do not think on your own, and are a good little zombie.
What I find pathetic is you, on the other hand after all of this, I still went ahead and bought me a G23.
MaximG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:16   #366
bigbore

I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
Valuable Info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 17:25   #367
DonM

testing

So what's the point? Been done many times before.
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 20:19   #368
ruthlessFF

thanks for all the updates BigBore. It really is amazing all the things it went through. I hope you continue to post about this from time to time. At the very least it's a good link I can send when someone tells me how much superior a different manufacturer is.

I don't support anybody, but I'll tell you how bad your candidate is.(with conjecture of course)
ruthlessFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:11   #369
Varn

This confirms that i have made a good decision in getting a glock as my first gun!
Varn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49   #370
kevin 45
Roll Tide y'all

Seems to be almost as reliable as an anvil. Good work bigbore !
kevin 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:44   #371
Rancho_Nirvana
X 1911 Addict

I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21, I luv my G21...

Thx Big Bore, use your thread as a reference tool frequently, ended a lot of what otherwise would have been long winded nonsense... lol ;-)

Facts are stubborn things indeed!
21 Club #1642

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Rancho_Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 23:20   #372
CR500

I also have a G21. never ONCE had a problem! awesome thread.
Old 08-25-2013, 18:08   #373
JBelew

Any news? I loved the 21sf I carried on duty. This 21 got to be used exactly what it was made for and then some. Awesome
JBelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:37   #374
MSW

[QUOTE=Wvladimire;17586731]Even the Austrian military for whom the pistol was designed for does not carry a Glock, they use a Sig.

WHOA! - that's not true. I just got back Austria (2 weeks ago) and the Austrian Military all were carrying the military version of the large frame 9mm's. I talked to the soldiers and they seemed happy with them.

"a man who fired his Glock 17 underwater in his swimming pool has gone deaf in one ear and lost sight in one eye because of the gun blowing up form water obstructing the bore."

WHOA! - I'm sure someone has used a Glock to blow his brains out and kill someone but this is reason (like firing a Glock underwater) to not carry one?

Also any Glock that is subjected to a constant firing of 500 rounds or more in a short period of time, will have to have the trigger mechanism, trigger reset spring, and disconnector replaced as these and other parts will melt and warp due to the extreme heat inside the pistol while firing.

WHOA! - not sure what you mean by "constant" firing of 500 rounds or more - but I took my son's Boy Scout troop out (with about 20 extra mags that were loaned by other folks on my department) and these young men fired my Glock 22 about 1500 rounds+ One Glock, 10 boys (2 mags each- shoot your two mags, go the back of the line, reload, and shoot them when you're turn came up). I had two NRA range instructors with me to supervise the shooting part, I supervised the reloading.

We had multiple target stations so we only changed targets 1/2 through.

I'm also afraid to admit that about 1/2 of the rounds were lead reloads (oh, no! - loaded on a Dillion) and we had no issues or problems. So we'd fired about 750 rounds almost non stop with no issues. We then fired another 750 rounds with no issues.

After the session, I showed the guys how to clean the pistol.

So, while I have a couple of SIGS, a whole bunch of Colt .45 - I'm not buying that Glocks fall apart when someone shoots 500 rounds through one.
MSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 21:30   #375
Fuzzyhead

Very Cool Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbore View Post
I haven't posted any updates in a long time, because I don't have much to say. I still shoot this 21 on a regular basis, and it just keep going. I ended up throwing away a couple warn out magazines, but the 21 is still performing like day one; had a good day at the range with it today.
Valuable Info
Very cool tests. Thanks for sharing with us. It was pretty fun reading all the stuff yout threw at the gun. I bet Gaston Glock had no idea how good his product was/would become.

Pretty cool.
Fuzzyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:35   #376
r3dot

I can't believe I never saw this thread. Epic.
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:18   #377
Angel King

I keep coming back to this thread about once every year and it always makes me feel good. As a matter of fact, I'm going to switch to the Glock 21 gen4 for work.

And what will it replace?

A Glock 22 gen4.
Old 02-24-2014, 15:04   #378
IMPD2079

When my Department switched to Glocks they had a representative from Glock come to our Department. They showed video from the Glock factory. They disassembled 1,000 Glocks all of the same caliber and threw all the parts in a pile. Reassembled them and everyone fired. They put one in sand and salt water for a year and took it out and it fired. Dropped one from a helicopter and it fired. Great reliable gun. We were issued Glock22 and I carried a Glock 21 as my backup.
IMPD2079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:57   #379
Desert Duck

Thanks big bore!

Saw this few years ago on line and it influenced my buying a G 21sf as first handgun.
I've since bought, sold and traded over 15 Glocks and kept three with 100% confidence and satisfaction that they'll go "bang" when needed and "click," when thy should.

Appreciate your efforts on this projects!
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 21:32   #380
-CoolBreeze-

Excellent thread!
-CoolBreeze- is offline   Reply With Quote