http://www.theblaze.com/stories/can-...-to-bear-arms/

This kind of sucks.
Donn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59   #2
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

It's only weed, man.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:24   #3
amazon

Just like MA.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:43   #4
Gunnut 45/454

Well what do you want- to smoke MJ or be able to own firearms? Life is about choices! If getting stoned is more important to you give up your guns! Just like if drinking is more important to you then you don't drive or you get busted for DUI! It is still illegal in most states! Just cause you make it legal doesn't mean it makse it alright to do! Look at Komifornia - they are now searching for a way to charge drivers for being under the influence of MJ an driving as the stoners are killing a bunch of people now since they like to drive stoned! Also don't forget that little form you sign when buying a gun- Asks are you a habitual user! So if you use MJ regularly then you are a Habitual user!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:36   #5
Jerry

In Louisiana you must swear you don’t do drugs, including weed, to qualify for CCW. If you are convicted of drug possession you lose your CCW. Whether weed should be legalized is open to debate. However if one is convicted of DWI they looses their CCW also so at least the law is consistent. If you are arrested you must surrender your CCW pending the outcome.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 07-25-2011 at 15:55..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 17:39   #6
scorpio2011

same in minnesota

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
scorpio2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 18:08   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
In Louisiana you must swear you don’t do drugs, including weed, to qualify for CCW. If you are convicted of drug possession you lose your CCW. Whether weed should be legalized is open to debate. However if one is convicted of DWI they looses their CCW also so at least the law is consistent. If you are arrested you must surrender your CCW pending the outcome.
I think you can have up to 2 DUI's in MO before they take your CCW. Makes no sense.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 18:56   #8
PawDog
NRA Member

No one wants to deal with known armed drunks or dopers........
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 19:01   #9
alexanderg23

It's a federal law too, arrested for MJ can't buy guns for a year. Or at least not through a FFL.
Old 07-25-2011, 19:02   #10
MedicOni

I hope that the state says one DUI and lose firearm rights. Otherwise it's stupid.

NR-P, NM EMT-P, TX, EMT-P, FP-C
MedicOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 21:02   #11
glockeglock

Last edited by glockeglock; 04-10-2014 at 17:21..
glockeglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46   #12
Brucev

To put the entire matter in perspective, up conviction of perjury let politicians be stripped of office and barred from ever again serving in elective office or lobbying, etc. anyone or any company doing business with any level of government. Strip them of their right to vote. Strip them of their right to speak in public on any political, social or legislative issue. If a misdemeanor conviction for marijuana or alcohol is sufficient to strip you of your 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights, then why should anyone's Constitutional rights even those of politicians be considered beyond touch?
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28   #13
Donn57
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Well what do you want- to smoke MJ or be able to own firearms? Life is about choices! If getting stoned is more important to you give up your guns! Just like if drinking is more important to you then you don't drive or you get busted for DUI! It is still illegal in most states! Just cause you make it legal doesn't mean it makse it alright to do! Look at Komifornia - they are now searching for a way to charge drivers for being under the influence of MJ an driving as the stoners are killing a bunch of people now since they like to drive stoned! Also don't forget that little form you sign when buying a gun- Asks are you a habitual user! So if you use MJ regularly then you are a Habitual user!
Well, the only problem I see with your argument is that a misdemeanor possession charge five years ago is not proof that he currently smokes marijuana. Many folks smoked a little weed in their misspent youth. Doesn't mean they still do.

Your analogy about DUI doesn't really make sense either. Getting a DUI may prevent one from receiving a CCW in some states, but it doesn't make one ineligible to own a gun - that is generally reserved for convicted felons.

And the Form 4473 says nothing about habitual use.

Last edited by Donn57; 07-26-2011 at 11:42..
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36   #14
Donn57
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
It's a federal law too, arrested for MJ can't buy guns for a year. Or at least not through a FFL.
Can you cite the source for this? There is no question that indicates such a restriction on the Form 4473.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40   #15
Donn57
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
There is a rather large difference between being denied a CCW or having a CCW revoked and being charged with felony possession of a gun after having gone through the proper steps to obtain one.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19   #16
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicOni View Post
I hope that the state says one DUI and lose firearm rights. Otherwise it's stupid.

That I cannot agree with. Which other Constitutional right would one loose? Somewhere along the line people and the government lost the reality that the Constitution EXPRESSLY FORBIDS the government from taking people’s unalienable rights. Should people be punished for their transgressions? Yes! But rights of free men should be off-limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
There is a rather large difference between being denied a CCW or having a CCW revoked and being charged with felony possession of a gun after having gone through the proper steps to obtain one.
I don’t disagree with that. That’s underhanded and should be criminal. But then we are talking about Ohio.

The point of my original post was that one looses the “privilege” if convicted.

One loses the “privilege” if arrested but regains it if acquitted. I understand the reasoning behind such a law but it FLIES in the FACE of INNOCENT until proven guilty
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 07-26-2011 at 12:35..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:26   #17
Gunnut 45/454

Don57
You are wrong sir look at this link to the form you will plainly see Question E. Yes it doesn't say Habitual user - it states USER so that means ANY USE! Answering yes means denial of purchase!

http://ocshooters.com/Gen/Form-4473/...4473-pg1bg.gif

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 07-26-2011 at 12:27..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 14:25   #18
glockeglock

Last edited by glockeglock; 04-10-2014 at 17:22..
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16   #19
Gunnut 45/454

glockeglock
You just go with that when your put in prison I'm sure that will work real well for you! I don't think a judge will except that as an excuse for not following a law! Also making a false statement IE check NO on that form could net you a felony charge if you needed to check YES! If you smoke MJ it has to be a yes answer!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36   #20
glockeglock

Last edited by glockeglock; 04-10-2014 at 17:23..