Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46   #21
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 37,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn57 View Post
Can you cite the source for this? There is no question that indicates such a restriction on the Form 4473.
Yes, there is:
"e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled
substance?"

Under 18 USC § 922(g):
Quote:
(g) It shall be unlawful for any person--
* * *
(3) who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)); * * *
to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
One loses the “privilege” if arrested but regains it if acquitted. I understand the reasoning behind such a law but it FLIES in the FACE of INNOCENT until proven guilty
Innocent until proven guilty is a principle courts and juries are supposed to follow at trial, if a case gets that far. There are many rights you can lose by being arrested - the right not to be locked up in jail by the government, for instance.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.

Last edited by Bren; 07-29-2011 at 11:49..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:22   #22
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,050
glockeglock
So you think you have the right to be stoned while carring a firearm? Do you think being drunk or stoned is OK while exersising the right to carry /own firearms? Yea in a perfect world you'd have no restrictions at all but last I seen this world isn't perfect!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 15:12   #23
PawDog
NRA Member
 
PawDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wildwood, Texas
Posts: 4,053


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
glockeglock
So you think you have the right to be stoned while carring a firearm? Do you think being drunk or stoned is OK while exersising the right to carry /own firearms? Yea in a perfect world you'd have no restrictions at all but last I seen this world isn't perfect!
Some folks feel it's their Constitutional right to smoke dope, and stay high or drunk.....Guess I missed that part in the Constitution.

Personally, I don't want to be around drunks or stoners who are handling firearms.
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 15:27   #24
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,050
PawDog
Agreed I have no problem with people drinking just not carring at the same time! You want to drink/smoke MJ go ahead -just don't put Firearms into the mix! But we all know that common sense is the first thing you loose when you do either -smoke or drink!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 00:41   #25
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 9,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawDog View Post
No one wants to deal with known armed drunks or dopers........
+1
__________________
When you finish speaking, don't forget to wipe.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 18:40   #26
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,881
Petition the Supreme Court of Ohio with a writ of certiorari and hope the Supreme Court sides with gun owners on this. Otherwise, there will be sections of Ohio where the precedent is that weed possession = no guns. It's not binding nationwide, and it surely hasn't passed Supreme Court of Ohio constitutional muster.
__________________
Spes mea in deo est
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 18:58   #27
Davegrave
Dapper Dan
 
Davegrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NW IN
Posts: 5,752


Quote:
Originally Posted by PawDog View Post
Some folks feel it's their Constitutional right to smoke dope, and stay high or drunk.....Guess I missed that part in the Constitution.

Personally, I don't want to be around drunks or stoners who are handling firearms.
The Constitution doesn't "grant" rights. It just protects them. Not everything that a person (should) have the right to do is spelled out in the constitution.
I think it is a god given, natural right for a person to put whatever they want into their own body. Now, if what they put into their body causes them to commit some other crime or act harmful to another...then there should be repercussions. But I don't know where anyone gets off telling another person what he can't put in his body, be it a drug, a bullet, or a dong...it's no one else's business.
__________________
YOU FORGOT YOUR BRIEFCASE!!!
Davegrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 20:31   #28
PawDog
NRA Member
 
PawDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wildwood, Texas
Posts: 4,053


Quote:
Originally Posted by Davegrave View Post
The Constitution doesn't "grant" rights. It just protects them. Not everything that a person (should) have the right to do is spelled out in the constitution.
I think it is a god given, natural right for a person to put whatever they want into their own body. Now, if what they put into their body causes them to commit some other crime or act harmful to another...then there should be repercussions. But I don't know where anyone gets off telling another person what he can't put in his body, be it a drug, a bullet, or a dong...it's no one else's business.
You're completely off the mark.....I never made any comment or implied the Constitution "granted" rights. If someone wants to blow their brains out, sniff glue, smoke weed, mainline heroin, drink rubbing alcohol, that's their choice, it doesn't change my life, and they're free to do as they want.

But, if they're handling firearms or driving a car stoned, high, or drunk out of their mind, then it becomes an issue with me and can impact my life when they negligently discharge a firearm or cause a wreck while stoned.

And there are many stoners and reefer brains out there who will wrongly tell you it's their Constitutional "right" to smoke weed. I've seen some of them post on GT in the past.
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 20:46   #29
Davegrave
Dapper Dan
 
Davegrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NW IN
Posts: 5,752


Quote:
Originally Posted by PawDog View Post
You're completely off the mark.....I never made any comment or implied the Constitution "granted" rights. If someone wants to blow their brains out, sniff glue, smoke weed, mainline heroin, drink rubbing alcohol, that's their choice, it doesn't change my life, and they're free to do as they want.

But, if they're handling firearms or driving a car stoned, high, or drunk out of their mind, then it becomes an issue with me and can impact my life when they negligently discharge a firearm or cause a wreck while stoned.

And there are many stoners and reefer brains out there who will wrongly tell you it's their Constitutional "right" to smoke weed. I've seen some of them post on GT in the past.
I never said I wanted drunk or high people carrying guns high or driving high or drunk. I've never smoked pot. But in the 7 or 8 years I've had my carry permit I've been drunk a handfull of times. Maybe 5? I didn't cause any trouble or go out driving or with my gun. I think people should have the same choice to enjoy pot responsibly. If they don't use it irresponsibly then it shouldn't be a reason to remove their right to self defense.

And you can keep your upeyes. I just disagreed with you. I wasn't rude or insulting.

You pointed out that there's no Constitutional right to smoke weed. I was just pointing out that just because it isn't enumerated doesn't mean it doesn't or shouldn't exist. I know now that you knew that. You'd be surprised at how many don't.
__________________
YOU FORGOT YOUR BRIEFCASE!!!
Davegrave is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:20.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 845
192 Members
653 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31