Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:57   #161
jwhite75
Gubmint Worker

I have been a member here for quite some time just not an avid poster. I am a member in several other related and non related forums, and there are only so many hours in a day. LOL

This coming Sunday I will have been married to my best friend/beautiful young wife for one year.

I still havemy original Glock, a 23, I bought in 2000. It has multiple thousands of rounds through it and is going strong. I just bought my 35 last week and hope to start shooting some action pistol matches soon with it. My wife has had her G26 for about a year now and loves it. She never leaves home without it. Unfortunately she is a very good shooter with very little experience. Hopefully my male ego will hold up when she out shoots me on a regular basis in a few years.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:37   #162
Dan

I'll be 60 in twenty years.

I hope we are living in a better world by then.

Post #2242, just got back from vacation in the Avon OBX.

Last edited by Dan; 07-31-2011 at 12:38..
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:51   #163
ViperGlock
Lifetime Member

In 20 years this will be irrelevant.
ViperGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:04   #164
Alex_Knight

Send a message via AIM to Alex_Knight

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I wanted to shoot myself in the head. So I did some research for the best gun to do this and I stumbled upon this site.
Alex_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 17:25   #165
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Knight View Post
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I wanted to shoot myself in the head. So I did some research for the best gun to do this and I stumbled upon this site.
Now I know why you post what you post.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 17:29   #166
Alex_Knight

Send a message via AIM to Alex_Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Now I know why you post what you post.

Welcome aboard ! ! !
Alex_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 19:30   #167
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Knight View Post
Oh look! They've been to Saturn. Hey, I've been to Saturn! Whoa. Sandworms. You hate 'em right? I hate 'em myself!
-Betelgeuse
Old 08-01-2011, 22:51   #168
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
I will help you!

Don’t let it be said that I’ve never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

You never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 20:32   #169
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
Should we put our former AAA rating in the GT time capsule?
As per request....

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360779

The day "THEY" downgraded us.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 08-05-2011 at 20:34..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 21:04   #170
W420Hunter

Send a message via AIM to W420Hunter Send a message via Yahoo to W420Hunter
I think Ill be 47 and then I get a little sad. But it sounds like a lot of fun.
W420Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 00:00   #171
SomeDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
GT was HOW I found out. What great news to wake up to here in the sandbox.
To you and everyone else here who served, THANK YOU. And, FWIW, I am thankful that you are still here to talk about it!
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43   #172
Kobura
Resident Reptil

Send a message via AIM to Kobura Send a message via MSN to Kobura Send a message via Yahoo to Kobura Send a message via Skype™ to Kobura
I wanted to shoot into the air when I heard Bin Laden was killed. I wasn't able to because I was living in Mother Jersey, and promptly hated myself for it.

I have since rectified that situation.

Still no work. Maybe soon, but no work.

My 10x11ft (3.3x3.7m for the rest of the world...) room looks like a deranged amateur armorer/paramilitary-wannabe/mass murderers. I am three of these four things (deranged of course! and... I'll let you guess the others). I have no plans to change this.

Haven't been to any competitive shoots, hoping to go to Topton GSSF next weekend... we'll see what fate says.

Still a loser. Card-carrying. (My RPGA card is right in there with my license, CCW, SocSec card, birth cert...)

I own almost as many items of camouflaged clothing as I do civvies. This is an unacceptable ratio... maybe I can paint some of the jeans mottled jungle colors.

A little snapshot of my life~
Kobura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 13:56   #173
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Still shooting lead in 2011, but the wheel weights around here are mostly zinc now.

Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48   #174
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

It’s now 9:40 AM Eastern time. 10 years ago at this time both towers of the WTC were burning. The world we knew had just changed forever. Innocent people died that day, and we went to war. Everyone is affected in some way, some more than others.

It’s 4:40PM over here in Iraq, and I just got back from a ceremony paying tribute to the victims and heroes of 9/11. I also know that everyone here with me is here because of what happened that day.

Never forget, never surrender.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17   #175
saspic
CLM Number 56
Howdy Y'all!

Send a message via Yahoo to saspic

Bless you and your brothers & sisters in arms for all you do for us, Lone_Wolfe.

Hopefully in 20 years we will all, with concerted effort, be more free than we are in 2011.

And if you are reading this in 2031, make sure you do the same for the generations to follow.
Old 09-11-2011, 14:18   #176
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspic View Post
Bless you and your brothers & sisters in arms for all you do for us, Lone_Wolfe.

Hopefully in 20 years we will all, with concerted effort, be more free than we are in 2011.

And if you are reading this in 2031, make sure you do the same for the generations to follow.
I agree with this entire post. God bless all who have served in the military or civilian service. This goes for all first responders also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 19:06   #177
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
It’s now 9:40 AM Eastern time. 10 years ago at this time both towers of the WTC were burning. The world we knew had just changed forever. Innocent people died that day, and we went to war. Everyone is affected in some way, some more than others.

It’s 4:40PM over here in Iraq, and I just got back from a ceremony paying tribute to the victims and heroes of 9/11. I also know that everyone here with me is here because of what happened that day.

Never forget, never surrender.
I can't wait to see what remains of our enemies in the '30s. Hopefully, our heads get screwed on right, and we decisively eliminate them.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 19:27   #178
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
To you and everyone else here who served, THANK YOU. And, FWIW, I am thankful that you are still here to talk about it!
Thank you Someday. I know I shouldn't still be here, but I am, so I'm thankful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspic View Post

Thank you saspic. We're all grateful to the first responders, the military, the people on Flight 93, all the heroes we commonly think of, but there's some that come from unlikely places. If you don't already know the story of Rick Rescorla, read this. A retired Colonel saved the lives of 2700 people that day by having prepared them with evec drills long before the attack. The right person in the right place, and what a good death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
I can't wait to see what remains of our enemies in the '30s. Hopefully, our heads get screwed on right, and we decisively eliminate them.
Damn, I sure hope so!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 23:14   #179
travis34769

I got to see the Taurus .380 revolver for the first time 5 days ago. Awesome revolver. Cant wait to get one and shoot it!

- USA Gun Blog

- Pro Carry Holsters

Last edited by travis34769; 09-13-2011 at 23:14..
travis34769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 22:16   #180
marv

I hope Glock Talk is here 20 yrs from now. Also hope the 2nd ammendment is still with us.
Not meaning to pee in the Cherrios, but does anyone believe that the technology will exist in 20 yrs to read this Time Capsule? After my short time of piddling with 'puters I have stacks of 3.5" and 5.25 disks that I can't read.