SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-30-2011, 00:20   #1441
ejs54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wganz View Post
Am I the only one that would take this in its natural see through color?
I'd take a clear one...with a mag to match.
, 45ACP, 300 Win Mag, .223/5.56
ejs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 17:16   #1442
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Driver View Post
Do you guys offer a subcompact frame? I'd love an upgrade for my g26 (I have some ideas on how I think it would be nice, if you don't have one in production yet, and desire the input)
We do not have a subcompact frame at this time and don't foresee producing one until there is sufficient demand for one.

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
>
Phone: 208.448.0600
LoneWolfMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 17:19   #1443
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

So after the compact comes the big boys?
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59   #1444
LoneWolfMarketing
GT Sponsor

Yep, the big boys are after the compacts.

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc. <
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
>
Phone: 208.448.0600
LoneWolfMarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 18:07   #1445
oef24

I don't know about you guys but I too like the translucent frame. It kind of reminds me of the HK P8 mags. Looking forward to the compacts and then the Big Boys!

O
oef24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:39   #1446
windplex

some plastics are a diluted milky white -- kinda like skim milk -- not a real white and not really clear either. for something where color didn't matter it worked for us. i don't know what this nylon would look like but unlikely to be pleasing.
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 00:44   #1447
toddnjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMarketing View Post
anxiously waiting for my 21 timber wolf lower.
toddnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07   #1448
oldtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfMarketing View Post
That's great to see pics of the 19/23 rapid prototype frame.

My wife is looking to replace her current single stack 9mm home defense/carry guns with double stack guns. She has very small hands so is having problems finding a double stack gun that fits her. I am already heavily invested in 9mm Glocks (five guns, lots of parts, mags, holsters, blue guns, etc) as my carry/HD guns. Being able to find a way to make a Glock fit her hands would be a perfect solution all around. We've considered grip reduction but can't tell if that would give her the degree of reduction she needs.

The Timberwolf frame for the Glock 19 could be just what she's looking for.

Any idea when we'll be able to buy the G19-size production Timberwolf frames?

Last edited by oldtexan; 08-11-2011 at 08:08..
oldtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 17:06   #1449
Neofyte

Has anyone yet had boresight or robar do a stipple job on there Timberwolf frame?
Neofyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16   #1450
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neofyte View Post
Has anyone yet had boresight or robar do a stipple job on there Timberwolf frame?
I would like to see Agrip make a custom wrap for it.
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 18:22   #1451
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neofyte View Post
Have you handled one yet? The LWD frame feels a lot better than stock, either Gen 3 or 4... You might find no stipple desired.

While it sort of looks like Gen 4, the polymer has a completely different feel... It sort of feels "cut" rather than "molded." I don't know why... It would be interesting to hear what the LWD guys say about the difference in the polymer.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 19:28   #1452
WDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Have you handled one yet? The LWD frame feels a lot better than stock, either Gen 3 or 4... You might find no stipple desired.

While it sort of looks like Gen 4, the polymer has a completely different feel... It sort of feels "cut" rather than "molded." I don't know why... It would be interesting to hear what the LWD guys say about the difference in the polymer.
I have a proto. It's still too slick for me on a hot long day at the range. If I carried one in hot weather, i would need to Agrip it.
WDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 16:51   #1453
rkrk

Any update on ETA for midsize?

Just wondering. Getting close?

rk
rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 18:32   #1454
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
I just had the opportunity to hold the latest sample. Looks, feels, functions great!
I would have posted a pic however was on my way out the door for a family vacation in AK. I write from Juneau right now. Will return next Saturday and post a few pics for sure.

JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 22:20   #1455
rkrk

Thanks for the update. My money is in hand and I am ready to make the purchase!

rk
rkrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47   #1456
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Tagged
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28   #1457
oldtexan

Initial experience with Timberwolf

For some time my wife has been looking for a home defense/off-body carry gun that fits her small hands and has a double stack magazine. Her current guns for hd and carry are Walther PPs 9mms. They are great guns but have single stack magazines.

My carry/home defense guns are G19s and G34s; we have several of each and are heavily invested in magazines, holsters, spare parts, etc.

My wife's preferred solution was to find a way to make a Glock 9mm fit her small hands. She has shot stock G19s but always found the grip circumference too large. She found herself readjusting her grip almost every rd.

In late August I noticed that the production Timberwolves had shown up on the Lone Wolf site. I tried to find a Timberwolf in stock within driving distance but couldn't find anyone in Texas that had one in stock. I ordered a bare Timberwolf from Lone Wolf and had it delivered to a local range/gun store, which handled the paperwork.

I picked up the frame (Serial AAA 4XX) on Aug 26, assembled it using spare OEM internal frame parts, with the swelled backstrap, and the upper half from a G34 with an LKT serial number prefix. Everything went together easily and smoothly. We've had this G34 since early 2008 and had put a bit over 1800 rds through it in that time. It has not had a stoppage in the last 1500-1600 rds.

I have now put 447 rds through the Timberwolf/G34 combination, with zero stoppages. The ammo was a combination of Speer Lawman 147 gr TMJ, Fiocchi 147 gr FMJ, Federal Champion 115 gr FMJ, and Federal 147 gr HST (P9HST2), using six different Glock OEM mags. I shot two-hand, strong hand only, and weak hand only. I shot from a stationary iso and while moving, from about 3yds out to about 15 yds. POA equalled POI at about 15yds with the P9HST2; I didn't check for POI/POA coincidence with the other ammo. I've shot the gun with no light attached, with a Surefire X200a light attached, and with a X400 light/laser attached.

I started out using a std connector and NY1 trigger spring and shot about 60 rds with that combination. My wife tried the trigger and found it too heavy so I switched the standard connector to a Glock minus connector. Oddly I couldn't get the striker to release using that combination, so I switched to a standard connector and standard coil trigger spring. That combination has worked well for almost 400 rds. I have an orange half backplate inbound to use to help me figure out why the minus connector/NY1 TRS combo wouldn't work. Update: I received the orange back plate today. Using that I tried several combinations. As before, the Glock OEM minus connector and NY1 trigger spring won't allow the striker to release. I also tried a Glock OEM minus connector and an NY2 (orange) trigger spring. With the minus connector/NY2 spring combo I not only couldn't get the striker to fall, but couldn't get the slide to go all the way into battery. Fortunately the striker does consistently release with following combinations: minus connector and coil trigger spring, standard connector and coil trigger spring, and standard connector and NY1 spring. During today's testing I even tried switching out a different Glock OEM minus connector, different NY1 spring and a different trigger bar, one at a time, but I couldn't get any minus connector/NY1 spring combo to work. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

We have a variety of holsters for various Glocks and I've been trying those out to see how well they work with the Timberwolf/G34. Our Raven Phantom made for a G34 with X400 works fine with the Timberwolf/G34 with either the X400 or X200, clicking into place just like a stock G34 with the same lights. This is the one I've used in most of my range work with the Timberwolf/G34 so far. Haven't tried the X300 but that should work fine also.

Our Raven made for a G34 with X300 works fine for the Timberwolf/G34 with X200 attached. Again haven't tried the Timberwolf/G34 with the X300 yet.

We have a CompTac CTAC kydex IWB made for a bare G34. It works okay with the bare Timberwolf/G34 except that it doesn't click into place the way the stock G34 does. This may be caused by the differences in the triggerguard and or dustcover. This is not a big deal to me as I don't use this holster much.

We have a couple of FIST kydex pocket holsters for G19s, one for a bare G19 and one for a G19 with a Crimson Trace laserguard attached. Both have open muzzles, so they acommodate G34s also (and presumbaly G17s, G26s, etc).. Both holsters work fine with the Timberwolf/G34 gun.

The Timberwolf finish seems a bit less slippery than the finish on Glock OEM frames.

My wife has yet to shoot the gun but we are hoping that her schedule will allow that next week. She has handled the gun and believes that it will be far more controllable for her than a stock Glock G34 or G19. I'll post more as we gain more experience with this frame. Overall, thus far, I like the Timberwolf very much and expect that this won't be our last one.

I am certainly looking forward to the launch of the frame for the G19.

Last edited by oldtexan; 09-02-2011 at 16:45.. Reason: Update on issue of striker not releasing with two combinations
Old 09-02-2011, 13:45   #1458
P.E. Kelley

Now that is a well crafted post

Just had to say it.

Patrick
P.E. Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:12   #1459
oldtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
Now that is a well crafted post

Just had to say it.

Patrick
Thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 15:48   #1460
oldtexan

Update to post 1457

Here's an update to our experiences with the Timberwolf as described in Post 1457 above.

My wife found time yesterday to put 15 or so rds through the Timberwolf/G34 combo, and through a standard frame G34 for a side-by-side comparison. These were her first rds through the Timberwolf.

After the first couple of rds she said that the Timberwolf frame allowed her much better control over the gun than the stock G34. With a standard Glock she has to adjust her grip after each rd to reestablish control over the gun. With the Timberwolf she didn't have to do the readjustment at all.

One interesting issue : She has always preferred shooting in a thumb-over- thumb grip. I have frequently tried to get her to try a thumbs forward grip (which I use) because I believe it allows better control over the gun especially at speed, but she's always found it uncomfortable and hasn't seen a need to work on it to find a way to make it comfortable. Yesterday, at some point in her string of shots with the Timberwolf, the mag ejected from the gun. Apparently, she had inadvertently hit the mag release with one or both of her thumbs. We talked about what appeared to be the cause; I suggested again that she try a thumbs forward grip. She seems more amenable to it now.

As insurance, I may try to find a way to reduce the height of the mag release that LW provides with the frame. Too bad LW doesn't offer a version for this frame that duplicates the stock low-profile Glock mag release. This may also help with a slight fit issue with the CompTac CTAC holster I may have mentioned in post #1457. I have two spare LWD mag releases on order and won't make any modifications until I have these spares in hand.

Last edited by oldtexan; 09-05-2011 at 20:01..