Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-20-2011, 18:20   #1
C J

Thoughts on Sigma 9mm ?

Any thoughts or opinions on a Sigma series 9mm. Looking at it for a friend. It's his first gun for carry/home defense. Looked at some reviews on YouTube that were mixed. What I didn't like was the reported gritty, heavy trigger. Also too many reports of jamming or failure to eject. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. Stay safe!
C J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 20:49   #2
scorpio2011

i have owned every series of the sigma
the c and f series had the glock trigger system never a problem.after they were sued by glock they change to new system
i had 1 that would not function it was a v series satin silver model.i have the new ve black and ss version 9mm and .40sw never a problem.a friend of mine cant say the same thing his ve 9mm malfunctions quite a bit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
scorpio2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 21:15   #3
bac1023

I like mine quite a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06   #4
PawDog
NRA Member

I've had a 9VE since around 08/2004. The only ammo that gave me feed problems was some reload hollow points. Every type of factory ammo I've ran through it has fed/fired with zero issues, and the pistol is accurate.

The trigger, in my opinion, is a little long and stiff, but very similar to most double action revolvers. Most dealers here are selling them new for around $280.00 - $325.00, with two Hi-cap mags.

I bought mine just before the Hi-cap mag ban had expired, and it came with two 10 rounders. I did find a used Hi-cap LE mag on eBay back then though that I bought for cheap. For around $300.00, they are a bargain from my experience.

Last edited by PawDog; 08-21-2011 at 12:06..
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 18:13   #5
PHATSPEED7X

I have a S&W Sigma in 9mm on my hip as I write this. It was my first handgun that I bought with my PTP. I've put over 1000 rounds through it, and not one FTF, or FTE. Trigger is stiff, but if you can shoot a Sigma well you will pretty much shoot other better.

And at $300 it's a buy! Remember Glock sued S&W over copyright infringements. And won! Pretty much a American Made Glock 19...
PHATSPEED7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 18:22   #6
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

The 40 was my first pistol. I never had an issue, just the trigger is a tad heavy, but that's not the end of the world.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42   #7
blastfact

I really like my 9VE. Rock Solid 100% Shooter.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43   #8
hdbob

pass......
hdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:21   #9
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Hard to beat for the price.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43   #10
hdbob

sure it is, although it is slightly better than a hi point

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
Hard to beat for the price.

Last edited by hdbob; 08-26-2011 at 07:44..
hdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:32   #11
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
I'm quite happy with mine. The trigger isn't near as bad as some people say it is, I don't think.

My wife has a Glock 19. I sure can't see much difference in them. One works just as well as the other. The Glock has a better trigger. The Glock costs twice as much. It should have a better trigger.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 20:05   #12
Glockz0r
10mm is best mm

I fired a friend's .40 s&w Sigma today, 26 rounds, and I have to say compared to my Glock 22 its a very nice pistol. It actually feels more comfortable in the hand compared to Glock and the slide release is fairly large which is always nice, IMO. The trigger wasn't gritty at all but it has a very long pull that requires a little more muscle to squeeze. Going back and firing my Glock 22 after getting used to the Sigma's trigger was a little startling as I was shooting a bit prematurely till I got into the Glock groove of things.

I'm not sure on how robust and reliable the Sigma is in the long haul but for the price and the ergonomics it is a very nice gun to shoot. If your friend is looking strictly for a HD gun the trigger issue isn't very important in the grand scheme of things. For the record the Sigma I fired shot 200 rounds in total today of WWB without any issues.
Glockz0r is offline   Reply With Quote