So, the Dillon XL650 got here in the mail tuesday. I got it set up and popped out 4 test batches of 9mm. Used Hornady XTP bullets, assorted brass, CCI 500 primers, and controlled powder 1st at 1.06 COL. 3.8gr, 4.2, and 4.5 GR accurate NO2...10 rds apeice Then dropped COL to 1.05 and pulled off 10 more at 4.2gr.
After saying a little prayer (something to the effect of "god, if these things are going to blow up and take off a finger or blow out my eyes, feel free to have someone/something crash into my new truck...i'll get the picture). Seeing that i made it to the range OK i felt pretty confident i'd be alright.
Long story short, all 40 went boom in my G17, with fairly noticeable increases in pop as i moved up in charge, then a little more pop on the lower COL length rounds. No failures, no squibs, no problems. I'm a pretty happy camper right now.
Just thought i'd share.