Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-29-2011, 13:13   #1
ColGlocker

Holster for 29SF

Ok, I am looking for preferably an IWB for my unmodified 29SF. I kind of remember a member recommending the Comp-Tac Mtac. I have seen a few videos of it in YouTube and I find it interesting.

A quick question I have is will I need to wear oversized pants in order for the holster to fit properly? Also, I would like to hear/read the pros and cons about the Mtac.

In a related matter, I have a Remora holster for my G26. Seems to work fine and it pretty much stays where I put it. I was wondering if anybody in the group uses the Remora with their G29/G29SF? If so, could you share the good, the bad and the ugly about it?

Thanks in advance.
ColGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 13:24   #2
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColGlocker View Post
Ok, I am looking for preferably an IWB for my unmodified 29SF. I kind of remember a member recommending the Comp-Tac Mtac. I have seen a few videos of it in YouTube and I find it interesting.

A quick question I have is will I need to wear oversized pants in order for the holster to fit properly? Also, I would like to hear/read the pros and cons about the Mtac.

In a related matter, I have a Remora holster for my G26. Seems to work fine and it pretty much stays where I put it. I was wondering if anybody in the group uses the Remora with their G29/G29SF? If so, could you share the good, the bad and the ugly about it?

Thanks in advance.
Just received my comptac 2o'clock the other day, the build quality of Comptac gear is outstanding. I also had a comtac C-Tac for my G20 and it did well. Don't know about the Mtac but I would guess that the leather backing is going to add thickness so it will possibly take more accommodation to wear with out it being to snug. I'm no IWB expert but if you have some snug pants it's probably gonna be too tight to be comfortable. I would suggest oversized pants for flexibility.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:02   #3
swinokur

check out Tommy Theis holsters. super fast delivery and great C.S.

Tommy posts here on Glocktalk.

www.theisholsters.com
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:19   #4
21Carrier
Until I Gota 29

I really like my Don Hume H715M W.C. It's small, fits in your regular pants, and clips on/off really easily. I have used mine for almost two years, and it still looks great. Plus, I only paid $27 for it. I even use the same holster for both my G21SF and G29. Here are pics:

With G29:
The 10 Ring

With G21SF:
The 10 Ring
21Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53   #5
bc5000

I've got the Minotaur MTAC for my Walther PPS, which measures less than 1" wide and I have to wear one size bigger Wranglers otherwise I'm cutting off the circulation.

My first glock is on the way, a 20SF. I plan to only carry it OWB. I really wanted a Raven Phantom Modular but his wait time is like 5 mos., so I ordered a Minotaur Gladiator instead.

Now I find a member here who makes a nice Kydex holster that looks as good as the Raven. So I guess I'll have two.
bc5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:45   #6
ColGlocker

Thanks for the information. I will check the site out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
check out Tommy Theis holsters. super fast delivery and great C.S.

Tommy posts here on Glocktalk.

www.theisholsters.com
Old 09-30-2011, 12:47   #7
ColGlocker

Where do you place the weapon? I seem to prefer the 4 to 5 o'clock position. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Carrier View Post
I really like my Don Hume H715M W.C. It's small, fits in your regular pants, and clips on/off really easily. I have used mine for almost two years, and it still looks great. Plus, I only paid $27 for it. I even use the same holster for both my G21SF and G29. Here are pics:

With G29:
The 10 Ring

With G21SF:
The 10 Ring
Old 10-02-2011, 15:28   #8
blackgun556

I just got the mtac today for my new 29sf. It stays where
You put it and is very adjustable. I am very happy with it. I also
Carry at the 4 position .
blackgun556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:33   #9
ColGlocker

Blackgun, thanks for the input. They have a 30 day return policy. I think I will give them a try and see how it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgun556 View Post
I just got the mtac today for my new 29sf. It stays where
You put it and is very adjustable. I am very happy with it. I also
Carry at the 4 position .
Old 10-02-2011, 23:04   #10
TDC20

I use the Comp Tac C-TACs for my G20 and my Walther PPS and I'm very happy with the quality and how well they work. They're very adjustable for cant, so I can set it up for either carry at the 3:30 position, or carry at the 5:00.

For the G20, if I carry at the 3:30, I need to upsize my pants. I also need to wear a large loose shirt to conceal the G20 well at the 3:30. If I carry at the 5:00, I can wear my regular pants. Also, I can conceal it better at the 5:00 (just a loose T-shirt), but it prints if I bend over. The 3:30 position is slightly easier for me to draw from, but I can draw just fine from the 5:00, as if I'm removing my wallet from my back pocket .

Another nice thing about the C-TAC and M-TAC holsters, as well as the Crossbreeds, is that they are tuckable (tuck in your shirt over them). I haven't tried this with my G20, but my Walther PPS in a C-TAC completely disappears under a tucked shirt. Good luck with your Comp-Tac, I think you will like it.

Tags
10mm, 29sf, holsters, iwb