Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-24-2011, 18:06   #1
1911gobang

Trouble at the local high school

There was a young girl shot in the neck today at the local high school as she was walking from the cafeteria to the main building. Several students her a "pop" or a "crack like a firecracker" then the girl fell to the ground. She is in stable but serious condition, so I am asking all of GT to pray for her.

Now, the part that has pissed me off is the local SD's public information officer has stated that "there are no implications that this is gang related activity. It could be a stray bullet from a hunter." Okay, IMHO, she's a *******ing MORON!!!!

1. Hunting at lunchtime? It may be rut season, but the location where she was shot has very little exposure to a wooded area that would be conducive to a lot of deer. However, about 100 yards away, across the highway, is an area that has been cleared for a DOT yard or something. On the opposite side of that clearing is a four-lane divided highway. It would have been very easy for someone to park on the four-lane, hike across the clearing, take the shot, and then run to a vehicle and be gone before EMS even showed up.

2. There were MANY parents and students who said there have been threats of gang violence, MANY postings reflecting this on FB, and MANY reports from students about things they "heard". Not to mention some altercations at the local football games this past weekend...

3. The students were evacuated to the football field ?!?!?! REALLY??? A wide open area SURROUNDED by woods......

4. School will be open tomorrow.....again...REALLY?!?!?!!?
The SD's PIO said "parents can send their children tomorrow, because they will be safe. We will make sure that everyone will be safe."

Talk about clueless......

I'm so *******in' mad, I could just s**t!!!
I am SO glad we home school.

Anyway, I would love to hear some comments on this. Here is the link for the details....

http://sandhills.news14.com/content/...fair-condition

Again, please pray for the young lady and her family. She has been upgraded to fair condition....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 F250 Super Duty 4x4 Crew Cab for sale!!
1911gobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 19:45   #2
1911gobang

Update...
The young lady is talking and alert and in good condition.

Two suspects have been taken into custody and will likely be charged with something by midnight tonight. An 18 year old and a 15 year old, both with known connections to suspected gangs. The 18 YO was already on the SD's radar, but not for gang related crimes.

This is a different time, and a different era folks. The school where this happened is in the country. Over 90% of this school's district is rural country area. I graduated from the same school many years ago, and back then, we had rifles on the window racks in our trucks or behind the seat because we would hunt in the morning before school. Most of us kept a pocket knife on us during the day, and there were NO incidents involving firearms at or near the school. Period....

Their parents should be charged with the same thing the scumbags are charged with. It IS partially their fault. Just my $.02 worth....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 F250 Super Duty 4x4 Crew Cab for sale!!
1911gobang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 19:54   #3
Jeremy_K

We've had 2 guns in schools stories on our local news here around Buffalo. The first one was a rural area high school where a 15y/o brought in a loaded Glock 23 in his waistband for show and tell. Supposedly it was stolen and had a high cap mag which is illegal in NY unless it's pre-ban. The second was an inner city high school 16y/o and school officials found it in his locker. He's being charged as an adult.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 20:11   #4
michael e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911gobang View Post
Update...
The young lady is talking and alert and in good condition.

Two suspects have been taken into custody and will likely be charged with something by midnight tonight. An 18 year old and a 15 year old, both with known connections to suspected gangs. The 18 YO was already on the SD's radar, but not for gang related crimes.

This is a different time, and a different era folks. The school where this happened is in the country. Over 90% of this school's district is rural country area. I graduated from the same school many years ago, and back then, we had rifles on the window racks in our trucks or behind the seat because we would hunt in the morning before school. Most of us kept a pocket knife on us during the day, and there were NO incidents involving firearms at or near the school. Period....

Their parents should be charged with the same thing the scumbags are charged with. It IS partially their fault. Just my $.02 worth....
18 is an adult so the parents wont be charged. At 18 and 15 the "kids" knew what they where doing, its not all on the parents . Kids can be raised right and just turn out wrong.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote