Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 13:14   #121
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,157
I think Coptalk is like morning radio, there are many more people listening to the conversations, than participating.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 16:18   #122
PawDog
NRA Member
 
PawDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wildwood, Texas
Posts: 4,053


Things I've Learned on Glock Talk

If all drugs are legalized, all drug dealing gang bangers will all become productive, well employed members of society, instead of continuing to commit the other crimes they're also involved in, i.e., robbery, auto theft, burglary, rape, etc.
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 16:22   #123
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,536
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
I think Coptalk is like morning radio, there are many more people listening to the conversations, than participating.
That is Gooooood!!
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 16:24   #124
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,416
I learned I was an Internet bully, apparently if you tell people something straight and don't sugar coat it you are being a bully.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 16:29   #125
GlockinNJ
Senior Member
 
GlockinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PRONJ
Posts: 2,709
I've learned that every thread eventually goes off the rails...
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 17:12   #126
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
I've learned that every thread eventually goes off the rails...
Threads get derailed within 2 posts if it's in coptalk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 17:58   #127
Landric
Supervisor?
 
Landric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: North Carolina and Virginia
Posts: 1,324
Send a message via AIM to Landric
All CHP holders are "sheepdogs" while all non-CHP holders are "sheep". The police can't shoot and won't come and try to help, so you can only count on the "sheepdog" that has a 4 hour class and a Kel-Tec P3AT in his pocket to come to your rescue.

The police can only search your car if they have a warrant, and they can only get a warrant if they have "probably cause". I can't believe in six pages of posts no one brought up "probably cause".
__________________
Mon: Do you carry chambered?, Tue: Can a cop write a ticket without his hat?, Wed: Should I carry a spare mag?, Thurs: I got stopped without "probably cause"., Fri: Will there be a Glock Carbine?, Sat: Why the GAP hate?, Sun: I hate the GAP.

Last edited by Landric; 12-28-2011 at 17:59..
Landric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 18:30   #128
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landric View Post
All CHP holders are "sheepdogs" while all non-CHP holders are "sheep". The police can't shoot and won't come and try to help, so you can only count on the "sheepdog" that has a 4 hour class and a Kel-Tec P3AT in his pocket to come to your rescue.

The police can only search your car if they have a warrant, and they can only get a warrant if they have "probably cause". I can't believe in six pages of posts no one brought up "probably cause".
Read my post from the previous page. Probably cause was brought up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 18:32   #129
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,603
what is the origin of "probably cause"? May have been before my time. Was someone really dumb enough to call it t hat for sure.
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 18:35   #130
Landric
Supervisor?
 
Landric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: North Carolina and Virginia
Posts: 1,324
Send a message via AIM to Landric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
what is the origin of "probably cause"? May have been before my time. Was someone really dumb enough to call it t hat for sure.
It has been around as long as I have been on GT, and yes, there are multiple someones that dumb. They really do think it is "probably cause".

Of course they have no idea what it is. I had a guy on another board tell me that I was clearly not a cop because I had no idea what I was talking about when I said Probable Cause was the standard for arrest. He claimed that PC was enough to detain someone, but to arrest, I needed "evidence of a crime". Um, any guesses as to what probable cause might be?
__________________
Mon: Do you carry chambered?, Tue: Can a cop write a ticket without his hat?, Wed: Should I carry a spare mag?, Thurs: I got stopped without "probably cause"., Fri: Will there be a Glock Carbine?, Sat: Why the GAP hate?, Sun: I hate the GAP.
Landric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 19:02   #131
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadetklapp View Post
what is the origin of "probably cause"? May have been before my time. Was someone really dumb enough to call it t hat for sure.
I'm sure there are some that truly believe that's correct. I've had to correct myself sometimes because my fingers just seem to be trained to type probably vs probable (almost did it right there, in fact).

So, if I had to wager, I'd say it started as a typo, and someone thought it was intentional, and so they took it and ran with it.

But who knows the mind of the internet poster?
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 19:19   #132
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
...So, if I had to wager, I'd say it started as a typo, and someone thought it was intentional, and so they took it and ran with it...
Inconceivable, us?
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 19:23   #133
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Inconceivable, us?
Well, I meant someone that thought it was intentional and CORRECT.






You're not taking ownership of that one, right?
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 20:18   #134
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Well, I meant someone that thought it was intentional and CORRECT.






You're not taking ownership of that one, right?
Nah, I lurked for a very long time before getting involved in anything here. Probably Cause was before my time.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 21:29   #135
Straight Pipe
Senior Member
 
Straight Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: too close to the boarder
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Cicero View Post
I'm not a cop, so I don't know why anyone else hangs out here. I do it because Mr.C accuses me of being of morose, dark humor. I come here to lighten up.

Mrs.Cicero
You must be a real hoot at parties.
__________________
RONPAUL 2012 STUPID didn't work so now let's try BATCRAP-CRAZY
Straight Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 21:46   #136
Straight Pipe
Senior Member
 
Straight Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: too close to the boarder
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landric View Post
All CHP holders are "sheepdogs" while all non-CHP holders are "sheep". The police can't shoot and won't come and try to help, so you can only count on the "sheepdog" that has a 4 hour class and a Kel-Tec P3AT in his pocket to come to your rescue.

The police can only search your car if they have a warrant, and they can only get a warrant if they have "probably cause". I can't believe in six pages of posts no one brought up "probably cause".
Probable cause is not an element of justifiable force. My ass going home at night is.
__________________
RONPAUL 2012 STUPID didn't work so now let's try BATCRAP-CRAZY
Straight Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 21:53   #137
Straight Pipe
Senior Member
 
Straight Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: too close to the boarder
Posts: 2,066
It's a badge, not a cape.

Actually I learned that a long time ago.
__________________
RONPAUL 2012 STUPID didn't work so now let's try BATCRAP-CRAZY
Straight Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 23:42   #138
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,489
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Pipe View Post
It's a badge, not a cape.

Actually I learned that a long time ago.
The badge don't mean jack.

Thugs will openly disrespect the badge and normal people will not obey your authority. When you can get over yourself and find a way to to work around the fact that there is no magic associated with wearing that uniform or badge, then your journey to being a real cop begins.

In any event, badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:32   #139
FiremanMike
Way too busy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
The badge don't mean jack.

Thugs will openly disrespect the badge and normal people will not obey your authority. When you can get over yourself and find a way to to work around the fact that there is no magic associated with wearing that uniform or badge, then your journey to being a real cop begins.

In any event, badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Gone are the days when local cops were heroes. Now most of us hide the fact that we're cops as much as possible, not because we're ashamed, but because it has become fashionable and encouraged to "**** the police".

The path that our society seems to be on is greatly concerning to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamer
They made bad choices and expect us to pay the price? I don't think so, Tim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20   #140
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Nah, I lurked for a very long time before getting involved in anything here. Probably Cause was before my time.
A line from one of the early "Law and Order shows": street urchin: l You can't arrest me! you got no probably cause!" Det Briscoe.: you're under arrest 'cause you're probably guilty. ". Yeah, I've used it.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 624
154 Members
470 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31