Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2011, 18:14   #21
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion3 View Post
Vltor oh nevermind

None! Neither the market nor the profit is there. If it was they would be built and so far no one even seems to be willing.
Vltor, I'll give you

but,

How long were the reintroduction of the S&W 610 around?

When Kimber reintroduces the Custom Target in 10 with a suggested retail of $1250+, how long will they be around?
Old 12-29-2011, 18:18   #22
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Which still are not, however, the vast majority of the shooting public, military, law enforcement or civilian. That majority has already rejected the 10mm as a every day option for a myriad of reasons.

And no amount of high priced 1911 platforms will change that.
I'll have to disagree. It wasn't "that" population, for the most part, that rejected the 10. It was rejected for them, LE, and military for sure. Most have been handed stun guns, to use in the field. So, I think that tells the tale on why they aren't allowed the use of the 10!
Old 12-29-2011, 18:27   #23
esh325

If it becomes more popular good, if it remains a niche cartridge with a small loyal following, then oh well. Doesn't matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
I'll have to disagree. It wasn't "that" population, for the most part, that rejected the 10. It was rejected for them, LE, and military for sure. Most have been handed stun guns, to use in the field. So, I think that tells the tale on why they aren't allowed the use of the 10!
Stun guns? Huh?

Last edited by esh325; 12-29-2011 at 18:30..
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 18:36   #24
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
If it becomes more popular good, if it remains a niche cartridge with a small loyal following, then oh well. Doesn't matter to me.

Stun guns? Huh?
My bad. Tazers, couldn't think of what they were called!

Oh, and not to mention, bean bag guns! Just a couple of tools to be used that are less than lethal. Wonder why they make them use them?

Last edited by alwaysshootin; 12-29-2011 at 18:39..
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 18:49   #25
blastfact

It is on the rise and I'm glad. It's a great caliber. The LSG's around here can't keep any currently or pass production 10mm weapon in stock. Everything on there standard stock orders are sold and used weapons never last more than a day or so under glass.

There are more custom ammo manufactures coming online supplying great full power well made, safe 10mm ammo. Priced well might I add. I even see 10mm whimpy ass .40 S&W class junk in Wal-Mart every once in awhile. And at a couple of local farm and ranch store's. And as always match grade full power and above 10mm ammo is only a reloading bench away.

If you want a mag. class auto pistol load? 10mm is the way to go! And more shooters are finding that out and embracing it.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 18:59   #26
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post
It is on the rise and I'm glad. It's a great caliber. The LSG's around here can't keep any currently or pass production 10mm weapon in stock. Everything on there standard stock orders are sold and used weapons never last more than a day or so under glass.

There are more custom ammo manufactures coming online supplying great full power well made, safe 10mm ammo. Priced well might I add. I even see 10mm whimpy ass .40 S&W class junk in Wal-Mart every once in awhile. And at a couple of local farm and ranch store's. And as always match grade full power and above 10mm ammo is only a reloading bench away.

If you want a mag. class auto pistol load? 10mm is the way to go! And more shooters are finding that out and embracing it.
Well said, and I agree! You actually found 10's in a walmart?

Surely, that is a true sign the 10 is on the rise!
Old 12-29-2011, 19:00   #27
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

It's because of the link I posted to that kid's 10mm video.

Here is a link to a pretty recent video over at Gun Blast all about 10mm for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ClEZPs8os

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 12-29-2011 at 19:05..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 19:01   #28
esh325

Quote:
My bad. Tazers, couldn't think of what they were called!

Oh, and not to mention, bean bag guns! Just a couple of tools to be used that are less than lethal. Wonder why they make them use them?
Taser or stun gun, doesn't matter. What does it have to do with the 10mm not being used by LE?
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 19:05   #29
legion3

Quote:
Um no!

The shooting public at large has rejected the 10mm. For many reasons not just that it failed to catch on in Law enforcement. 357 Sig and 45GAP are likely to have a longer LE career than the 10mm had.

When any of the major LE ammo makers puts out a 10mm round in Ranger, HST, Gold Dot, then I will believe its on the rise.

When any company other than a 1911 maker (that have alredy put them out) puts out a new platform let me know.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 19:07   #30
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Is Miami Vice TV series on the rerun again?
Old 12-29-2011, 19:12   #31
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfact View Post

Nonsense

They can't keep them in stock because they are so few in numbers to begin with and the 10mm fanatics jump on them like they may not see another one...which they might!

Try selling one at a gun store or gun show around here, might as well be selling a dirty diaper. Unless you hit the one 10mm fan running around.

Who are these new custom ammo makers? DT, Swamp Fox, Buffalo Bore are know who else? And what is "priced well"?

Embracing it? Well the why aren't the big manufactures added 10mm's to their lineups? Afterall if their is so much profit in it why not?
Old 12-29-2011, 19:14   #32
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Is Miami Vice TV series on the rerun again?
Only seasons 1 and 2

A 45 took over after that
Old 12-29-2011, 19:14   #33
Glockz0r
10mm is best mm

Quote:
Who are these new custom ammo makers? DT, Swamp Fox, Buffalo Bore are know who else? And what is "priced well"?
Swamp Fox has passed away however Underwood has gained a great rep for full power loads.
Glockz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 19:15   #34
45 Cal

I love my G29....just cant afford to shoot it.
45 Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 19:20   #35
legion3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockz0r View Post
Swamp Fox has passed away however Underwood has gained a great rep for full power loads.
Yes I have heard of underwood, but one is not "more" as in "a lot" are coming online.

Corbon and Hornady are the only big name makers of SD 10mm (oh and the silvertips and hydra shoks, I guess, but the price of those have sure gone up!) am I correct?

A quick look on ammo to go shows few SD choices and even fewer FMJ choices. Hmm.
Old 12-29-2011, 19:23   #36
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Um no!

The shooting public at large has rejected the 10mm. For many reasons not just that it failed to catch on in Law enforcement. 357 Sig and 45GAP are likely to have a longer LE career than the 10mm had.

When any of the major LE ammo makers puts out a 10mm round in Ranger, HST, Gold Dot, then I will believe its on the rise.
First of all I disagree that the shooting public at large has rejected the 10. More here feel as I do, in this post, that there is a growing 10 fan base.

As far as the Ranger, HST, and Gold Dot, manufacturing 10MM ammo, it probably isn't going to happen. Mostly because, unlike other calibers, that type of bullet construction isn't needed to become an adequate choice in caliber!
Old 12-29-2011, 19:31   #37
michael e

I would like to see someone offer a 1911 10mm for a reasonable price, a full size and snubby revolver too.
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 20:07   #38
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeway View Post
I'd love a 10mm M&P. But realistically I'd say a limited run 1911 is about all we will get for the foreseeable future.
It may be on the rise on some of the forums, but we are still in the minority of gun owners. I doubt there is enough interest to get a major manufacturer to tool up for what would be a low volume product.
Just look @ HK essentially phasing out .357 sig (I believe).
Yep. I think S&W is doing away with it for the M&Ps too? Not sure. Not sure why HK is abandoning it. It's just a barrel change.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-29-2011 at 20:08..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 20:15   #39
legion3

Quote:
First of all I disagree that the shooting public at large has rejected the 10. More here feel as I do, in this post, that there is a growing 10 fan base.

As far as the Ranger, HST, and Gold Dot, manufacturing 10MM ammo, it probably isn't going to happen. Mostly because, unlike other calibers, that type of bullet construction isn't needed to become an adequate choice in caliber!
Well you may disagree but the bean counters at most of the major (and minor) handgun (or any gun) makers don't seem to get the same polling data you have. One of you is wrong

If it sold they would make it. Glock probably sells more 10mm's than anyone and what is the figure on those sales? I bet glock knows exactly how many to make in a year to be profitable, and they probably make very few extras.

A growing fan base is not all that is required to keep a franchise from failing. In the gun world big contracts somewhere are needed to keep the ball rolling.
With no LE or military demand anywhere in the world, it would take a huge leap of faith for any maker to try to push that ball.

And I know this may come as a shock but not everyone wants a 1911, a SA platform, especially one that runs 1K and up and most of the 1911 fanatics I know would not want one in 10mm if it were given to them.

Your right what is needed to be an adequate choice in 10mm is either a lot of money to buy small maker boutique ammo or a reloading bench. And the vast, vast majority of shooters will never reload and don't wish to spend big $ on speciality ammo.

If you do reload then the 10mm is a fantastic round but most don't and most won't unless they are forced to at some point.
Old 12-29-2011, 20:23   #40
svtpwnz

How about a Kahr MK10. Haha, the MK40 is a handful already, I could only imagine a MK10. I would in all seriousness love to see a HK USP compact in 10 mm with a stainless slide.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10mm, sp101