Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2012, 19:18   #21
Jerry

Here’s another way BATF&E manipulates law/code and screws over citizens. It’s despicable!

Copied and pasted from http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392785

Discussion of this starts around post # 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
AWB94 has nothing to do with it. If the ATF decides the Slide Fire is a machine gun part or conversion, it will fall under the National Firearms Act. Since the registration of new machine guns to civilians was blocked by the Hughes Amendment to GCA86, you could not own the stock if it get reclassified as a machine gun. As a result, you would either have to destroy it (and have proof of it), return it to Slide Fire, or hand it over to the ATF. There's probably a way to sell it to a dealer or Title II manufacturer, I'm just not sure of how that would work.

Something similar has happened before with a similar stock to the Slide Fire. The previous one used a spring to return the rifle to the pre-firing position, whereas the Slide Fire relies on the shooter pushing forward on the rifle. Unfortunately, due to the way ATF opinion/determination letters work, all it takes is a single decision from someone at the ATF that the SF stock is an MG part, and you can kiss those stocks good bye.
OR! If you don’t receive a letter and or don’t follow firearms boards you will unwittingly become a felon. If reported/caught with the stock, kiss owing firearms goodbye forever. + receive a nice life changing vacation at the Iron Bar Hotel. All courtesy of your friendly BATF&E.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-08-2012 at 19:54..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 21:00   #22
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheBoomAndBust View Post
I do work 8 hour shifts and must eat and sleep so if I don't respond immediately give me some time.
It's been 10 days since you started this thread. Posts 2, 5, 7 and 16 have asked legitimate questions. Are you going to respond or is the kitchen too hot?
BIG DAWG #4

Old 01-09-2012, 21:15   #23
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Serious question: Who started this requirement for imported firearms to have a "sporting purpose"?

The ATF or congress or who?
Old 01-09-2012, 21:45   #24
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Serious question: Who started this requirement for imported firearms to have a "sporting purpose"?

The ATF or congress or who?
It appears that it’s the ATFs idea. http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6413

But lets us not forget that according to our own FearTheBoomAndBust the BATF&E only wants to “protect” our 2nd Amendment rights.

I’d love to hear how banning firearms protects my right.
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 01-09-2012 at 21:54..
Old 01-10-2012, 16:13   #25
ChadN.

Still waiting on answers lol.
ChadN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 16:34   #26
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadN. View Post
Topical of government agents! There never around when you want them but they always show up when you don’t.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 01-10-2012, 18:00   #27
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadN. View Post
Perhaps he wised up.

He has posted that he used to be BATFE and now works for the USSS. I doubt his new employers like that. There are implications whenever you ID your employer and then make any posting on-line. (My annually mandatory training is kicking in.)

In fact, having been outwardly a civilian but involved in government activities, I can't believe he is USSS and talks about it on-line. It is OK for a LEO to do so, as long as they watch themself, but not USSS and other agencies whose agents are plainclothes.

His best bet is to have this ID closed and start a new one.
Old 01-16-2012, 17:11   #28
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Feartheboomandthebust,

You have been called out and you have not answered. If it is because something has happened and you cannot, I hope that you can get that resolved as soon as possible.

If have not responded because you are a liberal, liberty stealing, hate mongering troll and you know that you cannot defend anything that you claim. I am glad to see that you now realize that you stand in an indefensible position and no longer wish to be show you errors in thought. So your response to this is, no response.

To everyone who enjoys their freedoms, The attacks of those who wish to take them from you are all around us, they will sometime try to appear to be the "reasonable" version of us,presenting compromise of the truth as a safe and fair way to do things. Don't be fooled, they are far more dangerous then the self espoused haters of freedom and liberty. Don't let them spread their lies unchallenged. That is what they want and need us to do in order for them to convince those who are to comfortable in life to think for themselves.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 13:46   #29
tim12232
Pistolero

I think its funny how in the first post you use an all encompassing "all of my coworkers"
when in a previous post by you, you mentioned 90 percent, which isnt all?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheBoomAndBust View Post
And finally:

The BATFE simply does not want to do that (I can confidently state that) and is not attempting to create a pretense for it. I can personally assure you that 90%+ of BATFE employees, specifically the Special Agents and people in "management" love and support the 2nd amendment and the legal ownership of firearms as much if not more then you personally do.

As always, stay safe
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 15:13   #30
isis07734
Nice guy

ATF:
Does a SBS barrel have to be measures from the breach face or the end of the chamber?
isis07734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 17:17   #31
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
ATF:
Does a SBS barrel have to be measures from the breach face or the end of the chamber?
It seems FearTheBoomAndBus has vacated the premises. And please tell me you really don’t expect and answer here from the ATF.

I presume by SBS you mean side by side double? It is measured from the breach end of the barrel to the muzzle end. Also check with your local or state LEOs. ATF says 18” I have been told that some states say 20”.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-07-2012, 21:34   #32
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
ATF:
Barrel measurements are made by closing the action and dropping a dowel down the barral, then marking it at the muzzle.

It is documented in the NFA manual and on the web site.
Old 02-07-2012, 21:35   #33
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
It seems FearTheBoomAndBus has vacated the premises. And please tell me you really don’t expect and answer here from the ATF.

I presume by SBS you mean side by side double? It is measured from the breach end of the barrel to the muzzle end. Also check with your local or state LEOs. ATF says 18” I have been told that some states say 20”.
SBS = Short Barrelled Shotgun

SBR = Short Barrelled Rifle
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15   #34
Jerry

Thanks Dusty. I hate abbreviations.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 03-10-2012, 18:30   #35
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
so are you looking for spin on the second amendment or the truth? One need not be a constitutional scholar to know there is no other interpretation of “shall not be infringed”. Until another amendment overriding the 2nd. Is added by a 2/3 majority vote of congress any law contrary to that is unconstitutional no matter who says it isn’t.

Now tell me what he and the rest of the forefathers meant when they wrote “shall not be infringed”.

Several of the founding fathers would not sign the constitution until the original 10 amendments (the bill of rights) were added because they believed the constitution did not go far enough to protect the rights of the people. Anyone that honestly believes they left the amendments open to interpretation is a fool. Anyone who doesn’t believe and still wants to enforce some sort of interpretation has an ulterior motive. More often than not that motive is power over others.
outstanding!!!
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 00:05   #36
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

disappearing in the face of further elaboration and/or substantiation of claims and arguments is status quo for LEOs around here.
Mister_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 00:20   #37
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I am going to have to side with Jerry on this one.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 00:31   #38
CitizenOfDreams

Short summary of the original post: don't blame us, we are just following the orders.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42   #39
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Just look at his name "Fear the boom and bust".
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:52   #40
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 07-07-2012 at 18:14..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote