GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 19:55   #1
speedway
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 30
My gen 1 G17

Serial number prefix is AL. Has Austrian hallmarks.

I tried like heck to sell it locally for $400.

I think I will keep it. It keeps my Gen 3 OD G26 that I bought new company.
Attached Thumbnails
Glock Collector's Club - Click for larger version  
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 21:21   #2
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Thats not the original box for an AL--- serial numbered Gen 1, or the original magazine. That may lower the price some would pay who are looking for an "authentic" and all original Gen 1. If it is in good shape you should still be able to get in the ballpark of $400.

There was a post on GT earlier this year asking questions about the value of this same Gen 1 shown in your pic.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381020
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 22:06   #3
speedway
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrad View Post
Thats not the original box for an AL--- serial numbered Gen 1, or the original magazine. That may lower the price some would pay who are looking for an "authentic" and all original Gen 1. If it is in good shape you should still be able to get in the ballpark of $400.

There was a post on GT earlier this year asking questions about the value of this same Gen 1 shown in your pic.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381020
That's my gun.

The buyer backed out, without looking at it.
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:53   #4
Gbannan
Senior Member
 
Gbannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 201
Looking for a gen 1 17 or 19 hmmm....
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:17   #5
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
Looking for a gen 1 17 or 19 hmmm....
yes... as a matter of fact, I am. Are you asking because your a seller, or are you asking as a buyer?
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:21   #6
Gbannan
Senior Member
 
Gbannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 201
Sadly, in this case...a buyer.
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:25   #7
patcrad
Great White Box
 
patcrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: America
Posts: 185
ahh...no worries, join the club. There are some Gen 1's on gunbroker.com on a regular basis. Unfortunately the prices have gone up as the demand has gone up in the last year or two.
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 19:30   #8
Gbannan
Senior Member
 
Gbannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrad View Post
ahh...no worries, join the club. There are some Gen 1's on gunbroker.com on a regular basis. Unfortunately the prices have gone up as the demand has gone up in the last year or two.
Yea there is a gun show coming up so im going to check there. I'll check gunbroker, but i just don't like buying a gun without seeing it in person.
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:18   #9
speedway
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
Yea there is a gun show coming up so im going to check there. I'll check gunbroker, but i just don't like buying a gun without seeing it in person.

Too bad you are not local to me.......I would sell it to you if you wanted it.
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 19:17   #10
Gbannan
Senior Member
 
Gbannan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Chester PA
Posts: 201
I do want it. PM me
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 925
288 Members
637 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31