SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:24   #1
East River Guide
Glockaholic

PM9 sight picture?

Was thinking about getting a PM9 but have never shot one. What sight picture POA/POI does the PM9 have? Target hold (#2) or combat hold (#3)? I'd be getting the one with night sights.

Kahr Club
East River Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:51   #2
Denied
NRA Member

no 1.
Old 01-24-2012, 18:26   #3
Linux3

Maybe my eyes are bad but I shoot #3 and shoot it well at the local BUG matches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 20:41   #4
DMAR

I use #2 with my PM9, but thats just because that works for my carry ammo, at what I deem to be a defensive distance. The PM9 has fixed sights, so much of this decision has to do with the ammo that you are using, and the distance that you are shooting from. Once you get a load that you are going to stick with for carry, then determine the distance that you want to go with. You will then have a point of impact with your fixed sights, and can adjust hold point accordingly...

In other words, if you are hitting high, then you would float the target point abive the sight picture, like in the #1 hold shown above. If it's hitting right on, then line up level with the target (#2).

To me, the three hold points that are shown, are really appropriate to adjustable sights, where you can raise, or lower the POI to suite your load selection. Then, the hold position is really just a matter of preference (how do you want to hold the sights on the target...). Most traditional Bullseye shooters opt for hold #1.

Again, with the PM9, you just have to figure out the impact of your load selection, and adjust hold point accordingly. I hope this helps.
DMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:13   #5
GlockFish
Floyd

I use between 1 and 2.

or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list.
GlockFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:28   #6
GOOFA

The correct answer is #2 @ 30ft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GOOFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 23:31   #7
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by East River Guide View Post
Was thinking about getting a PM9 but have never shot one. What sight picture POA/POI does the PM9 have? Target hold (#2) or combat hold (#3)? I'd be getting the one with night sights.

Kahr Club
For what it's worth, not specific to the PM9.

I used sight picture number two for years. Until I started shooting at moving targets.

Then I found myself shooting low on the moving targets. Now I prefer sight picture number 1. I don't shoot low anymore on moving targets with that sight picture. Assuming I have adjustable sights or I can find an ammo that makes center hits with sight picture number 1 and fixed sights.

I think it might have something to do with a subconscious hesitancy to cover the target with the sights. Just guessing here, but I know the real life shooting results. I've even shot small moving four legged animals with no big problem.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 19:44   #8
harrydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver 60 View Post
For what it's worth, not specific to the PM9.

I used sight picture number two for years. Until I started shooting at moving targets.

Then I found myself shooting low on the moving targets. Now I prefer sight picture number 1. I don't shoot low anymore on moving targets with that sight picture. Assuming I have adjustable sights or I can find an ammo that makes center hits with sight picture number 1 and fixed sights.

I think it might have something to do with a subconscious hesitancy to cover the target with the sights. Just guessing here, but I know the real life shooting results. I've even shot small moving four legged animals with no big problem.
I must be missing something. If you were shooting low with #2, how did switching to #1 solve that? I would think it would make it worse.
harrydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39   #9
jknight8907

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
I must be missing something. If you were shooting low with #2, how did switching to #1 solve that? I would think it would make it worse.
By adjusting the sights so point of impact is above the front sight, but still aiming at the same point on the target, your actual poi will be higher than before.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 19:18   #10
harrydog

I was missing something. Wasn't even thinking that the point of impact was the same for all sight pictures shown. Makes sense now.
Old 02-14-2012, 19:30   #11
ithaca_deerslayer

My PM9 is on target with #2, just like every other fricken gun I own
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 19:35   #12
harrydog

All my guns are #2 also. Works fine for me.