Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2012, 19:27   #1
Lindenwood

Who has run a suppressor on a G26?

I am getting pretty close to investing in a suppressor setup for my G26. I know the G19 is a generally better host, but I don't want to buy a whole separate gun, and I like the short barrel and slide for appendix carry while on my bicycle.

Who's suppressed a G26 and how did it run?
Lindenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:13   #2
Lindenwood

And by "how did it run," I mean did you have any cycling issues? I know the subcompacts are the most difficult to get to function with muzzle cans, though in general most people with problems are trying to use the under-powered suppressor-only loads (147gr @ like 850fps). I would be using defensive-level loads (perhaps 147 @ 1000+fps).
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32   #3
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I did, but it interfered with my bayonet, so I had to take it off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
I am getting pretty close to investing in a suppressor setup for my G26. I know the G19 is a generally better host, but I don't want to buy a whole separate gun, and I like the short barrel and slide for appendix carry while on my bicycle.

Old 02-19-2012, 00:49   #4
r2kba
Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399373

Do you look at the other threads here?

It does run on normal loads, but with subsonics I have tried so far, I have not found a load that cycles. However, I have not really looked yet either. I've heard Special-K runs great in glocks, but I have not tried it myself.

The regular 'defensive' loads you describe with 147grain pills are all subsonic by default.
BIGDAWG #444 / Wheel#444

"I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

Last edited by r2kba; 02-19-2012 at 00:54..
r2kba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06   #5
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I did, but it interfered with my bayonet, so I had to take it off.
Excellent.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05   #6
Lindenwood

I have researched a great deal about suppressing the G26, but there isn't much out there (the thread you provided, for example, only contained two minor anecdotes about suppressing a G26). I am generally gathering that while this model is more sensitive to the increased muzzle weight, using more powerful loads will make for a reliable setup. But, I was just looking for more experience since there isn't a lot of posted info out there about the details of suppressing the G26.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2kba View Post
The regular 'defensive' loads you describe with 147grain pills are all subsonic by default.
Being subsonic has nothing to do with its relative power. Most suppressor-specific 147gr loads come out of full-sized guns at <900fps. A 147gr @ 1000fps from a 3.5" barrel would provide a ~50% greater recoil impulse, which should make a big impact for reliable functioning.
Old 03-17-2012, 16:35   #7
Jakk

I had no problems running a Trident-9 on a G27 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel.

Free Fire Zone
Jakk is offline   Reply With Quote