GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 19:44   #1421
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
I don't think so, I think it was the first round of the Obama re-election effort. I think OWS was a pre-emptive strike against Romney in particular, or any other capitalist nominee in general. The Left has nothing to lose by ratcheting up class hatreds; it's been working like a charm since before Lenin. Fits hand-in-glove with the current Obie rhetoric & tax policy. (Define "fair share," Obie.)

No evidence it was successful with persuadables, that I can see; possibly repulsed them. Of course it energized the unwashed, open-mouthed base. Always have to have some calisthentics for the base.

How is the thread getting relevant again, what did I miss?
I can't quite figure out if you are a genius or if you just think like I do...
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 20:06   #1422
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
I can't quite figure out if you are a genius or if you just think like I do...
Well BOTH obviously! Bet you were thinking the same thing...
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 22:24   #1423
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter
 
TN.Frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
bump. Getting relevant again.
Yep, I think about this more then I do the Bird Flu, or Natural Disasters. With our mounting debt it's only a matter of time before the government either stops sending the checks or goes totally bankrupt.
__________________
*Glock G19 Gen3, RTF2*
TN.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 00:46   #1424
G29Reload
Tread Lightly
 
G29Reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post

How is the thread getting relevant again, what did I miss?
Another thread similar, and Greece heating up again. Along with financial pressure on all of us from high gas prices and unemployment still high.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:07   #1425
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,564
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
bump. Getting relevant again.
This topic has been relevant since the leftists saw fit to make government the agent for promulgating equality in society when it has no business doing such things.

The New Deal started this whole thing and the Progressive Agenda has made handouts pretty much the central issue of this century. It wasn't ever what if the handouts run out, but just a matter of when. You cannot sustain any society when you have one group being able to vote themselves money off the backs of another group. It's a matter of time when everything collapses. It has never failed to come to fruition.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:10   #1426
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 28,149
Blog Entries: 1


Yep.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47   #1427
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
This topic has been relevant since the leftists saw fit to make government the agent for promulgating equality in society when it has no business doing such things.

The New Deal started this whole thing and the Progressive Agenda has made handouts pretty much the central issue of this century. It wasn't ever what if the handouts run out, but just a matter of when. You cannot sustain any society when you have one group being able to vote themselves money off the backs of another group. It's a matter of time when everything collapses. It has never failed to come to fruition.
Exactly. Then again there is a first time for everything and if you have a global economy made of of indiidual countries that are willing to perpetually ignore the numbers (red/negatives) the system doesn't actually collapse because it is one massive illusion to begin with...no? I'm thinking it's only when supplies start to run out that the trouble starts/shows itself.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:09   #1428
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN.Frank View Post
Yep, I think about this more then I do the Bird Flu, or Natural Disasters. With our mounting debt it's only a matter of time before the government either stops sending the checks or goes totally bankrupt.
I do too but we won't go bankrupt and the checks won't stop coming. We will just print more and more money which will buy less and less stuff. Now that is what will piss off the people receiving government checks.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:31   #1429
Dexters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: ga
Posts: 4,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
I do too but we won't go bankrupt and the checks won't stop coming. We will just print more and more money which will buy less and less stuff. Now that is what will piss off the people receiving government checks.
Yes, it is very easy these days - it is electronic money - the government doesn't even need to buy paper or ink.
__________________
Montani Semper Liberi
Dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:38   #1430
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
I do too but we won't go bankrupt and the checks won't stop coming. We will just print more and more money which will buy less and less stuff. Now that is what will piss off the people receiving government checks.
Playing devil's advocate here....what is they move the value of the checks right along/up with the inflation?

Seems like those people wouldn't really care then no?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17   #1431
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,296


Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Playing devil's advocate here....what is they move the value of the checks right along/up with the inflation?

Seems like those people wouldn't really care then no?

-Emt1581
.gov will never admit to the true inflation numbers
__________________
“If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is WITH representation.”

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28   #1432
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Playing devil's advocate here....what is they move the value of the checks right along/up with the inflation?

Seems like those people wouldn't really care then no?

-Emt1581
This won't happen until other countries devalue our currency as well. What we will see is that there isn't anything to buy if you print too much money so the government will push the checks up a little while prices rise much more and inventory gets scarce. Unless of course we are different than every other country who has ever gone through this.

Economics = the allocation of scarce resourses. The currency has already died, the markets have not recognized it yet. It's like watching someone juggle... just waiting for them to drop a bowling pin or whatever.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:34   #1433
wjv
Senior Member
 
wjv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 12,780
Nothing to see here. . Move along. .

(today's headlines)
- America's Per Capita Government Debt Worse Than Greece...
- HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling gov't debt...
- Gas Prices Jump 10 Cents -- in Two Minutes!
...Yet, Crude inventories at highest level since 2001...
- US Debt To GDP Passes 101%

Yet the stock market is up today. . . .
__________________
Bill
Pacific NW


The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 02-23-2012 at 11:43..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33   #1434
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
Nothing to see here. . Move along. .

(today's headlines)
- America's Per Capita Government Debt Worse Than Greece...
- HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling gov't debt...
- Gas Prices Jump 10 Cents -- in Two Minutes!
...Yet, Crude inventories at highest level since 2001...
- US Debt To GDP Passes 101%

Yet the stock market is up today. . . .
Here's the real number to watch:

GDP is about 15 Trillion
Yearly deficit is 1.3 Trillion plus loan guarentees.
Increase in GDP is quoted as 2% or $300 Billion
But the yearly deficit counted as part of the GDP!
That's roughly 9 percent negative GDP less the shown increase = negative 7% GDP and we have been there for almost 3 years!
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 18:57   #1435
BORNGEARHEAD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 986
2007- 23 million on food stamps
2012- 46 million on food stamps

In 5 years! Scary!
BORNGEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 18:59   #1436
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Here's the real number to watch:

GDP is about 15 Trillion
Yearly deficit is 1.3 Trillion plus loan guarentees.
Increase in GDP is quoted as 2% or $300 Billion
But the yearly deficit counted as part of the GDP!
That's roughly 9 percent negative GDP less the shown increase = negative 7% GDP and we have been there for almost 3 years!
This is certainly not a jab at you Uneasy...you're a good guy. But isn't it funny that even with all the FACTS there is still NO WAY to predict when reality will set in and all hell will break loose??

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:09   #1437
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
This is certainly not a jab at you Uneasy...you're a good guy. But isn't it funny that even with all the FACTS there is still NO WAY to predict when reality will set in and all hell will break loose??

-Emt1581
No problem EMT, it amazes me that the entire world is still pretending that everything is just fine too.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:13   #1438
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
No problem EMT, it amazes me that the entire world is still pretending that everything is just fine too.
This might sound really stupid, but if you get rid of numbers and currency...I think we ARE fine. I mean there is clean water, food, medicine, etc... The only shortage seems to be in (backed) currency.

Or am I missing something and we actually are, as a species/planet, running out of something vital to our survival?

Again, easier said than done, but other than numbers and money...what's the problem? Maybe this is why reality does not set in and people are not rioting over computer figures....because their basic needs are still being met.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:39   #1439
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
This might sound really stupid, but if you get rid of numbers and currency...I think we ARE fine. I mean there is clean water, food, medicine, etc... The only shortage seems to be in (backed) currency.

Or am I missing something and we actually are, as a species/planet, running out of something vital to our survival?

Again, easier said than done, but other than numbers and money...what's the problem? Maybe this is why reality does not set in and people are not rioting over computer figures....because their basic needs are still being met.

-Emt1581
Same here... I think it's like the 1920's were super heated but the 1930's were well... toast.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:42   #1440
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Same here... I think it's like the 1920's were super heated but the 1930's were well... toast.
Super heated as in successful?

Again, I'm thinking the only thing that is wrong are the numbers are soooo far out of whack. Otherwise everything else is fine in the tangible sense.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
tc tucked tail and ran, tcguy is a socialist
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:31.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,261
387 Members
874 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31