Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:43   #21
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
these defense attys that come out of the woodwork on this site never cease to amaze me. You're arguments are just as realistic as the chewbacca defense.
LOL... But that DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47   #22
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisArms View Post
I occasionally put my 36 slide on my 29 at the range. I have never understood 30 to 36, other then maybe range time.
30 with 36 upper shaves about an 1/8 inch off the slide, and does make it feel noticeably less bulky for IWB carry. I've handled one, but I don't own one since I can't afford to buy a whole pistol just for the slide... I'd probably carry my G30 more if I had it set up that way, though. If LWD sold a G36 slide, I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 02-19-2012, 12:28   #23
I_Hate_George_Lucas

Oh the folks that think if you have anything other then a stock factory gun and ball ammo that the courts and jury will view you as some crazy blood thirsty killer looking for some poor nun with a bus full of kids to throw off a cliff and set the wreck on fire on piss on the ashes... after all that you shot it with your tweaked firearm and super deadly razor sharp JHP ammo!

Old 02-19-2012, 16:34   #24
Giggity
Holster Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
It's amazing what a difference a .125" makes on a CCW.
Ya so why make the grip thicker? I dont see what the overall gain is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-19-2012, 19:32   #25
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Seriously? 10+1 instead of 6+1 or 7+1. The extra grip thickness of the g30 adds value. The extra bulk of the slide does not.
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 02-19-2012, 21:15   #26
Giggity
Holster Maker

Quote:
Seriously? 10+1 instead of 6+1 or 7+1. The extra grip thickness of the g30 adds value. The extra bulk of the slide does not.
SO, thick grip is easy to conceal, but thick slide not so much?

Nope, still dont get it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:25   #27
Eurodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-linux View Post
You can find a slide in Gunbroker or even in the classifieds section of this very forum for about $325. However, add in a few thousand dollars for explaining it in court if you use it. It might be viewed as somewhat weird or unusual to do that, and as such a good attorney in a criminal or civil case would be crazy not to waste a day or two of billing discussing it with everyone on your dime. If it's a good shoot - no worries. However, you are still out a few grand arguing that point in front of a judge or jury. Enjoy!
This is the dumbest post I have ever read on the internet.

And I've read alot of dumb posts on the internet.

I guess you're going to sit here and tell my my AR15 Short Barreled Rifle with a suppressor will land me in jail (or run up thousands in attorney fees) if I use that in a totally justified home defense situation, right?

Idiot.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-20-2012 at 08:26..
Old 02-21-2012, 05:48   #28
Giggity
Holster Maker

Quote:
Have you ever compared a G30 to a G27? Not a huge physical difference, but it feels very noticeable. Yes, thicker frame makes the hybrid G30/6 bulkier than a G27, but it's still less so than a G30.

In any case, I'm not hear to convince you personally it's a good idea or not. Someone asked about it. Some people like it. You may not, and that's perfectly fine- No skin off my nose either way.
No doubt. But I'm the type of weirdo who will put a G34 slide onto a G19 frame.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:13   #29
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Well, see, there you go- Some people think getting a whole new slide just for an extra .5" is downright silly. Some people like it. We all have our own brand of crazy.

(My EDC is a G23 lower and G22 upper, so I guess I share that particular crazy.)
Outpost Member #69.14159
Old 02-21-2012, 14:03   #30
Spiffums
I.C.P.

It really surprises me that some people ever leave the house, let alone even own dangerous things that might get them sued or have to explain to a Jury......... If your in front of a jury you have bigger problems that I used a 9mm upper on a 40 caliber frame with a "-" connector.
Old 02-21-2012, 15:33   #31
Giggity
Holster Maker

Quote:
Well, see, there you go- Some people think getting a whole new slide just for an extra .5" is downright silly. Some people like it. We all have our own brand of crazy.

(My EDC is a G23 lower and G22 upper, so I guess I share that particular crazy.)
Come on now, it's 1.3 inches

I've also stuck a full length slide on my M&P45 compact.

And have a couple of CCO configuration 1911's.

I really dig the short frame, long slide thing.

Old 02-21-2012, 21:55   #32
pistolman1974
Victory

Send a message via Yahoo to pistolman1974
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.--Jefferson
Old 03-02-2012, 16:05   #33
ezzrider

Illegal?

I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. What would be illegal in doing what he suggests? Does changing out the slide make it a manufacture of a firearm? I guess the serial number on the slide would not match the serial number on the underside the receiver/grip area? The required information is on the receiver to include serial number, manufacturer and importer.
Old 03-04-2012, 14:39   #34
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzrider View Post
I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. What would be illegal in doing what he suggests? Does changing out the slide make it a manufacture of a firearm? I guess the serial number on the slide would not match the serial number on the underside the receiver/grip area? The required information is on the receiver to include serial number, manufacturer and importer.
No it's not illegal. Basically it lets you use a slightly longer barrel and the high cap mags from a 21. Kinda like cutting down a full size to take the compact size magazine.
Old 03-04-2012, 17:03   #35
ezzrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
No it's not illegal. Basically it lets you use a slightly longer barrel and the high cap mags from a 21. Kinda like cutting down a full size to take the compact size magazine.

Thanks. Was beginning to wonder if anyone was reading this forum. I could not think of anything illegal but wanted to know the reasons others did.

Closed Thread