Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-06-2012, 13:37   #1
3Speedyfish3

New Benchmade 176BK SOCP Knife Review

I posted a review of Benchmade's new Special Operations Combatives Program dagger over here:

http://thinblueflorida.com/?p=706

It is a nicely designed fighting dagger with a user friendly sheath.

Randall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by 3Speedyfish3; 03-06-2012 at 13:39.. Reason: spelling
3Speedyfish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 13:47   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Interesting. But the very beginning of the article really threw me as I have never seen evidence or any documentation at any time that a knife was used in close-in fighting to kill or destroy the enemy while in Iraq or Afghanistan. Looks cool but the lead in was kind of over dramatized like most "combat knife" reviews.

Quote:
U.S. Military Special Operations Forces operators needed a purpose-designed knife for urban close quarters battle, based on their experiences with house-to-house fighting in the Sandbox.
Want to know what military & SF are using? I got 2 issued to me... just a basic Benchmade Auto w/ lock mechanism.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 18:38   #3
3Speedyfish3

Javelin,

"In Afghanistan the military’s role has been to put the troops inside the enemy’s “homes,” conducting sweep and clear operations–with bad buys behind many doors. The enemy has adapted to your use of force model. Getting into a wrestling matches (sic) or being jumped from behind is a common occurance(sic), made more deadly by the presence of an M4 and other weapons." From SOCP's website.

My first two paragraphs come from SOCP information about their development of the knife, not my info. I back-checked it with an SF buddy who worked overseas and he said he had heard of CQB involving blades. Closest thing I have to a source on that.

I also carry a Benchmade folder--an older AFO-- on my SWAT vest, FWIW.

Randall

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by 3Speedyfish3; 03-06-2012 at 18:41.. Reason: Add
Old 03-06-2012, 19:56   #4
SGT_Calle

I've been really interested in this knife for a few weeks now. Something about it just speaks to me.
Thanks for the sharing your impressions!
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 20:22   #5
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Speedyfish3 View Post
Javelin,

"In Afghanistan the military’s role has been to put the troops inside the enemy’s “homes,” conducting sweep and clear operations–with bad buys behind many doors. The enemy has adapted to your use of force model. Getting into a wrestling matches (sic) or being jumped from behind is a common occurance(sic), made more deadly by the presence of an M4 and other weapons." From SOCP's website.

My first two paragraphs come from SOCP information about their development of the knife, not my info. I back-checked it with an SF buddy who worked overseas and he said he had heard of CQB involving blades. Closest thing I have to a source on that.

I also carry a Benchmade folder--an older AFO-- on my SWAT vest, FWIW.

Randall
Yes I understand the fundamentals of CQB/CQM in MOUNT operations. I've blown in my fair share of doors. There is no way a "fight" would ensue though. The enemy resists we don't use tazers, batons, knives, etc we shoot them & they die.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 03-06-2012, 21:18   #6
3Speedyfish3

Javelin,

Uh, I think you meant MOUT operations. Military Operations Urban Terrain.

Randall

Old 03-06-2012, 23:19   #7
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Javelin,

Uh, I think you meant MOUT operations. Military Operations Urban Terrain.

Randall
Yeah I guess I did put an N in there. Making it derogatory probably....

Old 03-07-2012, 05:37   #8
3Speedyfish3

Jav,

I won't throw stones from my glass house!

Randall

Old 03-11-2012, 14:36   #9
bkkd

be cheaper just to take a pair of scissors apart...........
bkkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 15:42   #10
3Speedyfish3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkd View Post
be cheaper just to take a pair of scissors apart...........
Yeah, but how would you run with it!

Old 03-11-2012, 15:45   #11
bkkd

Quote:
Yeah, but how would you run with it!
point down..........
bkkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 20:15   #12
3Speedyfish3

Point taken!