Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:37   #201
Ridder

I received the LWD 9mm LCI extractor today.
It has a "3" on it and does not have a dip like the stock-Glock extractor (which also has a "3" on it).

Didn't go to the range yet, but used dummy rounds (used cases with bullet on it...no powder) to see if there was any difference when racking the slide.
The Glock extractor falls out very easely now (after some 2500 rounds....at first you had to pull it out) and ejection looks better with the Glock extractor compared with the LWD.
With the LWD it ejects....but not very convincing.
The Glock extr. had a horizontal flight of 3-4 feet and with the LWD it's not even 1 foot.
Of course that doesn't say anything, first have to try it with live rounds.

I have a White Sound Defense HRED plunger, a SS guide rod with 15# ISMI spring and a modified 336 ejector.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50   #202
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridder View Post
I received the LWD 9mm LCI extractor today.
It has a "3" on it and does not have a dip like the stock-Glock extractor (which also has a "3" on it).

Didn't go to the range yet, but used dummy rounds (used cases with bullet on it...no powder) to see if there was any difference when racking the slide.
The Glock extractor falls out very easely now (after some 2500 rounds....at first you had to pull it out) and ejection looks better with the Glock extractor compared with the LWD.
With the LWD it ejects....but not very convincing.
The Glock extr. had a horizontal flight of 3-4 feet and with the LWD it's not even 1 foot.
Of course that doesn't say anything, first have to try it with live rounds.

I have a White Sound Defense HRED plunger, a SS guide rod with 15# ISMI spring and a modified 336 ejector.
Was a magazine inserted while ejecting by hand? If so, make sure the magazine is loaded with at least one round when you eject a round by hand, because the ejection pattern differs from a loaded mag, from a partially loaded, and an empty mag.

Glock handguns don't eject at all by hand racking the slide with no magazine inserted not even with live fire. The spring tension of the mag is also needed for the ejection process.

Good luck with the LWD extractor!!

Last edited by Made in Austria; 03-13-2012 at 09:54..
Old 03-13-2012, 10:07   #203
dusty_dragon

what exactly did you modify on your "336" ejector, ridder?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19   #204
kodiakpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Glock handguns don't eject at all by hand racking the slide with no magazine inserted not even with live fire. The spring tension of the mag is also needed for the ejection process.

Good luck with the LWD extractor!!
What do you mean by "at all"? My 26 and 19 both eject that way enough for me to catch the round in the air with no mag.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:26   #205
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
What do you mean by "at all"? My 26 and 19 both eject that way enough for me to catch the round in the air with no mag.
None of my 19's and 23's eject the rounds out of the ejection port with no mag. They either fall down the mag well or get stuck in between the slide and the barrel.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33   #206
kodiakpb

Quote:
None of my 19's and 23's eject the rounds out of the ejection port with no mag. They either fall down the mag well or get stuck in between the slide and the barrel.
Really? that's odd. Are you sharply pulling the slide back or just slowly cycling it? When I unload mine I turn it to the side and rack it back and can catch the round.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43   #207
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
Really? that's odd. Are you sharply pulling the slide back or just slowly cycling it? When I unload mine I turn it to the side and rack it back and can catch the round.
I see, you turn your gun to the side when you clear the chamber, that's the proper way to do it. I hold my gun like I would shoot it when I clear the chamber, that's why they fall down the mag well, or get stuck in the gun in very rare cases. It's a bad habit of mine to hold the gun straight while clearing the chamber.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40   #208
dusty_dragon

@kodiakpb:
do your turn your gun to the left or to the right side, while racking/unloading?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45   #209
kodiakpb

Left so I can observe the chamber
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45   #210
Made in Austria

deleted

Last edited by Made in Austria; 03-13-2012 at 11:45..
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51   #211
dusty_dragon

roger that, kodiakpb
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18   #212
wolfpack3

G 19 Gen 4 back from Factory Good Result

Test with wwb 9 115 grain. ejects were in the 4to5 clock area and thrown out 3 or 4 feet. They also did some work on the trigger and it is great. By no means a single action break, but real nice reset and lighter break with what seems to me shorter take up.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:48   #213
Ridder

I fired 100 rounds last night: 50 reloads (124gr copperplated RN, with 5,3gr N340) and 50 WWB.

All rounds fired without a problem, but the ejection with the LWD was weak and 50% @5 o'clock to 6 o'clock (my face...)

I put the stock extractor back in and cases were thrown further and a couple @ 5-6 o'clock....maybe 10%.

So.....the stock MIM extractor with the 3 on it is definitely better.

@dusty_dragon: I modified the ejector according to a posting on this forum....dunno from whom it was.
Just took off some metal with a Dremel: now the first point of impact is a little more down and to the right, when watched from the top.

Before I modified the ejector the cases were dented and scratched, but that's no longer the case (!).
Old 03-14-2012, 09:04   #214
dusty_dragon

thanks for the info, ridder
Old 03-15-2012, 05:15   #215
English

Quote:
That is just evidence that their extractors are not gripping the case rim but just hooking over it. I believe that is the basis of the problems dicussed in this thread.

English
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31   #216
Wizz

What is amazing is that Glock is not updating the ejector on current production Gen 3 pistols even though they are using those horrible MIM extractors.

Someone high up at Glock is getting pretty greedy judging by all the quality/cost cuts they are making. Did Ruger buy Glock?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:32   #217
dusty_dragon

on the gen. 3 most glocks work just fine with the "336" ejector, so i assume glock sees no need to change it.

sooner or later they will change al the 9mm ejectors to the "30274" just making the production process and spare parts list smaller and easier.

the "336" seems to have more probs in the gen. 4 gloks and very few in the gen. 3 glocks, so i guess they use up all remaining "336s" in the current production run of the gen. 3 models.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01   #218
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by English View Post
That is just evidence that their extractors are not gripping the case rim but just hooking over it. I believe that is the basis of the problems dicussed in this thread.

English
I think it's normal for a "tilt barrel" gun with no magazine in it and/if you hold it straight like you would shoot it when clearing the chamber. I am sure a 1911 will eject just fine with no mag in it, even if you hold it like I do.
Old 03-15-2012, 16:40   #219
dusty_dragon

can anyone tell me how to differ a newer "MiM"-extractor from an older "non-MiM" one?

by number, by surface, by form?

just in case i'll see some spare parts in a local gunstore etc. i need advice to get a fast recognition pattern to differ both variants
Old 03-15-2012, 17:16   #220
kodiakpb

Quote:
I think it's normal for a "tilt barrel" gun with no magazine in it and/if you hold it straight like you would shoot it when clearing the chamber. I am sure a 1911 will eject just fine with no mag in it, even if you hold it like I do.
After reading about your issue, I just unloaded my 26 by holding it straight and it threw the round up and out between 3-4 o'clock with no mag. Let me know if you want a pic of how an empty case sits in the extractor.

Last edited by kodiakpb; 03-15-2012 at 17:19..

Closed Thread