SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2012, 20:50   #21
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Five Oh View Post
Didn't watch it. Did it say the delegate tracker was not accurate?
Thats exactly what it says and it explains in great detail why.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:24   #22
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Did you see RP won AL and MISS. Oh wait he didn't he got his normal 4-6%! Gee if this is winning ! I'd hate to loose. So RPmites when will he get the picture and go away!
You are missing the point of Paul. I think he is fairly confident he can't win. He just now has a lot of attention for his ideas. I think he will hang on to spread his ideas across the United States, and then head back to Austin.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:54   #23
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Thats exactly what it says and it explains in great detail why.
So, you agree that a person that hasn't won a single primary and only come in second in a couple could have more delegates than a fellow that has won 7 or 8 and has come in second in 4 or 5? Seriously?
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:58   #24
Restless28

Someone post up a delegate count to date, and stop this Ron Paul fantasy
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13   #25
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Someone post up a delegate count to date, and stop this Ron Paul fantasy
That's just it, the media is counting all delegates as they are supposedly proportioned out. Problem is that many of the delegates chosen are in non binding caucus states. Which means that even though the popular vote may have been for Rick Santorum those delegates in that state do not necessarily represent him. Again for a better understanding of what I'm not very good at explaining please watch the video posted above.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:39   #26
Stubudd

There is no accurate up to date count. No human in the world knows the real count until they show up in Tampa. Some states' processes take months- some are a contest of who can keep showing up day after day. That's why the cnn link says "estimate"
Stubudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47   #27
Stubudd

Quote:
Seriously? Ignorance or dishonesty?

Well, let's get rid of that ignorance problem. Below is the delegate tracker.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/pri...html?hpt=hp_t1
Yes, let's do that
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03   #28
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubudd View Post
There is no accurate up to date count. No human in the world knows the real count until they show up in Tampa. Some states' processes take months- some are a contest of who can keep showing up day after day. That's why the cnn link says "estimate"
Exactly, the "delegate tracker" is worthless. The only ones known for sure are in the winner takes all states.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13   #29
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Did you see RP won AL and MISS. Oh wait he didn't he got his normal 4-6%! Gee if this is winning ! I'd hate to loose. So RPmites when will he get the picture and go away!

Political Issues

There are times when it is a good thing to keep a positive outlook, then there are times to face reality.

He's probably not just running for the entertainment value. I'm sure he has a plan to peddle some influence.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17   #30
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
He's probably not just running for the entertainment value. I'm sure he has a plan to peddle some influence.
Funny you should mention that...

Thinly sourced but still interesting, from yesterday:

Discussions between Paul and Romney are "taking shape"

Quote:
History suggests the two men are already in cahoots. Throughout the primary, Paul has been Romney’s secret weapon. During the 20 GOP debates, Paul attacked Romney’s rivals a total of 39 times while sparing Romney entirely, according to an analysis by the liberal group ThinkProgress. Paul leapt to Romney’s defense when his tenure at Bain Capital and his taste for firing insurance companies came under attack, and skewered a series of Romney antagonists in TV ads. “He is our deputy campaign manager,” jokes one Romney ally.

Paul’s advisers bristle at suggestions that the libertarian icon is in league the GOP frontrunner. They say Paul still has a shot at the nomination if he can hold Romney beneath the delegate threshold until Tampa and then force a floor fight that sends delegates fleeing to Paul on a secondary ballot. This may be the company line, but the scenario is improbable enough that even Paul has conceded his “chances are slim.”

Even as they tamp down rumors of a pact, Paul’s advisers concede that the friendship between Paul and Romney is the initial step toward a deal. And behind the scenes, discussions between the two campaigns — as well as initial discussions with the Santorum and Gingrich camps, according to one Paul adviser — are slowly taking shape.

An alliance could benefit both camps. Paul’s support would go a long way toward helping Romney with a bloc of young Republicans who have been turning out in huge numbers for Paul and who otherwise might stay home in November. It might also help Romney grab all of Paul’s delegates. Such an arrangement would help Paul get what a Romney ally called “an important speaking role at the convention.”
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.

Last edited by Goaltender66; 03-15-2012 at 09:18..
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58   #31
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Hopefully people like me.
There's that "hope" again. Has Obama not adequately demonstrated yet what happens when "hope" and "reality" collide?

What, in real life, is going to make all those people "like you" even run for Congress, let alone get elected?
Gundude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 16:30   #32
BORNGEARHEAD

Take the red pill.

BORNGEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:30   #33
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Quote:
Yes, let's do that
Are you of the opinion that Ron P. has more delegates than Santorum?
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14   #34
Gary W Trott
Prickley Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
Funny you should mention that...

Thinly sourced but still interesting, from yesterday:

Discussions between Paul and Romney are "taking shape"
Goalie, The weakness in that theory about Ron Paul delivering his young supporters to Romney is that it just won't happen. Those young supporters aren't going to compromise their beliefs and support Romney or one of the other GOP candidates. Should Dr. Paul not win the nomination they will either vote for a third party candidate, write in Ron Paul, or not cast a vote for president at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"What I want most from the government is to be left alone." GWT
"Don't take my, or anyone else's, word for anything. Look it up for yourself." William Cooper on The Hour of The Time
Gary W Trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:19   #35
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary W Trott View Post
Goalie, The weakness in that theory about Ron Paul delivering his young supporters to Romney is that it just won't happen. Those young supporters aren't going to compromise their beliefs and support Romney or one of the other GOP candidates. Should Dr. Paul not win the nomination they will either vote for a third party candidate, write in Ron Paul, or not cast a vote for president at all.

I agree.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 21:00   #36
Stubudd

Quote:
I don't know, i doubt it. But in missouri, where santorum won huge in the primary vote and paul got something like 12%, it looks like paul is going to end up with the majority of the delegates. I think the same thing is happening in several places, like nevada. I don't know, i don't think anybody knows what is really happening, and it's not over anyway.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ntional-wisdom

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-ro...-caucus-2012-3

santorum beat him 55% to 12% in primary beauty contest, and is getting killed where it counts, apparently
Old 03-26-2012, 21:16   #37
RC-RAMIE

Quote:
Have you at least watch the video he posted?

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 21:17   #38
RCP

Quote:
I don't know, i doubt it. But in missouri, where santorum won huge in the primary vote and paul got something like 12%, it looks like paul is going to end up with the majority of the delegates. I think the same thing is happening in several places, like nevada. I don't know, i don't think anybody knows what is really happening, and it's not over anyway.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ntional-wisdom

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-ro...-caucus-2012-3

santorum beat him 55% to 12% in primary beauty contest, and is getting killed where it counts, apparently

Old 03-26-2012, 21:22   #39
Stubudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Exactly, the "delegate tracker" is worthless. The only ones known for sure are in the winner takes all states.
And from what i understand, even those are only bound for the first round. If the first round isn't decisive, ie romney doesn't get the 1144 or whatever it is on the first round, then even the bound delegates from those winner take all states become unbound and can change to whoever they want for the next round. In other words, if romney doesn't take it on the first shot, anything could happen. I think i've got that right, not positive.
Old 03-26-2012, 21:23   #40
Stubudd

either way, the MSM "delegate tracker" is propaganda at best, total BS at worst. nobody knows until it happens